• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. B

poorly bun

I have a 4year old french lop that has always been fit and healthy. I got her at a year so never knew if she had been speyed. Yesterday afternoon Daisy and her conti partner were in the garden as usual and all seemed well. When I went to put them back in their shed I felt she did not seem quite...
  2. B

Stasis

There seems to be so many buns on here that have episodes of stasis. I was wondering is it more common in small rabbits or are there just as many giant rabbits that have it? I used to have mini lops a few years back and two of them had a bout of stasis each. But since I have kept giant buns none...
  3. B

myxi

My 2yr old English lop has just caught myxi. He had the combined vaccine and is not due for his booster until july13th. It's not the nodular form unfortunately but the nasty kind. His eyes are swollen and his ears feel heavy with fluid. He has been given baytril and metacam and has been eating...
  4. B

Enlarged eye

I am wondering if anyone has any experience of a rabbit with an enlarged bluish eye? I have a 6mth old french lop that has been really well and active. About 2 weeks ago I noticed she had a very enlarged eye that was cloudy with a bluish tinge. The vet examined her and said it could be glaucoma...
  5. B

EC

I have a rabbit that was treated for Ec a few months back. She was very bad and could not stand at all at one stage. She had no tests but was treated with panacur, bayrtil and meloxydil. After several weeks she started improving and now dashes about with her sister although her head is still...
  6. B

Head tilt bun

Hi, my bun developed head tilt over 4 weeks ago and with your advice got metacam to go with Baytril and panacur. She was really bad rolling a lot with head almost touching the floor. Well she has started improving a lot and can now keep standing without rolling and also can turn around in her...
  7. B

Head tilt advice please

My bun developed severe head tilt 3 weeks ago. The vet was unsure whether it was EC or ear infection. She has been on Baytril, panacur and meloxidyl for 3 weeks now and although eating everything in sight has not really improved. She is unable to keep her balance and still rolls a lot. She is...
  8. B

head tilt

I have a bun with severe head tilt and she has been prescribed baytril and panacur. I read on hear that other vets have prescribed metacam too.Is meloxidyl the same as metacam please?
  9. B

Another myxi question!!

How long after a rabbit has had nodular myxi do you have to keep them away from other rabbits? I have my rabbit indoors away from my other rabbits that are in the shed. Just wondered when it would be safe to let him have contact with the others Any ideas please? Pam
  10. B

panacur

I have two baby buns that are ten weeks old and the vet has prescribed panacur. The dosage she gave was one division each. But they only weigh about 900 gms. It says on the packet one division per 2.5kg. Do you think the dosage she prescribed is too high. Pam
  11. B

Neutering

What age does your vet advise for neutering male buns? Mine said 6mths for my french lop which I was surprised about as I am sure before my buns have been younger than that.Pam
  12. B

I need some advice!!!

My french lop went down with myxi three weeks ago and has been recovering well. This morning he did not want to eat and was not very well. I left him a while but then phoned for an app as he seemed really lifeless. He ate well yesterday and during the night. He had used his litter tray to...
  13. B

Myxi update.

Hi, just thought I would let you know I took my frenchie back today for his check up and the vet thinks he is doing ok so far. The spots around his eyes are drying up and there seems to be no more in his ears in the last few days. He is still eating and although quieter in himself, not ill. Just...
  14. B

Myxi

My french lop has just been diagnosed with myxi, despite having 6 monthly vaccinations. I am naturally heart broken and wondered what your experiences are for getting them through this illnesss? He has been put on baytril and Tiacil eye drops. He is still eating well although his poor eyes look...
  15. B

Mites!

I noticed my mini lop had alot of dry skin in his fur. I read an article on here about mites. So I took him to the vets today to have him checked and the vet seemed a bit vague and said I should treat him in case he has mites. He gave me three little tubes of Xeno 450 to put on his fur down his...
  16. B

Bunny xmas cards

I know it is a bit early, BUT HAVE YOU SEEN THE GORGEOUS BUNNY XMAS CARDS IN NEXT. They are so lovely!!! 30 for 2.99 and they are charity cards. You must all have a look, you won't be able to resist them. I couldn't. Pam.
  17. B

The rest of the pics.

Sorry did not get that right. Here is Coby And here is Chester and josh. Hope that works better this time. Pam.
  18. B

My bunny pics

Hi these are my four lovely bunnies. Three mini lops and a french lop. This is sweetie and his best friend Josh. This is casey and Coby, brother and sister. [IMG]http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/bluelop_2006/2006_07100143.jpg[/ This is Chester by gorgeous French Lop with Josh...
  19. B

Tooth removal

Hi I have a mini lop house bun who has had to have his teeth teeth burred every month. I finally booked him in to have the front ones removed as the vet advised. He had it done today and has to stay in tonight until he is eating and pooing. The vet phoned about an hour ago to say he had not...
Back