• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. neeshkabeesh

Scent glands

Thank you, I will do then 🙂 I had a quick look at our foster rabbit who isn't a year old yet and in good health so I know what it's meant to be like in comparison. My poor rabbits!! 🤣
  2. neeshkabeesh

Scent glands

Rather than make a new thread thought I'd just continue this one if that's okay, as I came here looking for advice on this today. My 10 year old small breed rabbit has some black lumps, hard and dried up in that area. In what case should we be removing it? She's mobile enough but is slowing...
  3. neeshkabeesh

Vaccination cost

Just wondering how much your myxomatosis & VHD vaccination cost this year? I just paid £103 for two rabbits, I'm sure last year I paid nearer £80 altogether at the same practice.
  4. neeshkabeesh

Bulging eye possible abscess

Pleased he is doing well. I'm a wee bit late but I had a rabbit years ago with a retrobulbar abscess and the bulginhg of her eye was so extreme it was awful to look at and I thought surely she'd have permanent damage, but they are amazing little creatures and it did come down and back to normal...
  5. neeshkabeesh

ideas for hutch

We're thinking of getting a child's playhouse and have these few links saved: https://www.elbecgardenbuildings.co.uk/4-x-4-112m-x-119m-shire-playhut-playhouse/p4733#prodtabs https://www.gardenbuildingsdirect.co.uk/wooden-playhouses/bunny-playhouse...
  6. neeshkabeesh

Hay blocks any good for rabbits?

My rabbit Juno doesn't seem to know what to do with normal hay, she would only put it in her mouth when her teeth were hurting but just hold it there and not eat, before she got her pulpectomy (she doesn't need dentals anymore). She gets hay cookies either from Wilkos when we've run out or...
  7. neeshkabeesh

Temperature inside hutch/shed vs outside

This is great, thanks so much. It must make a big difference to the rabbits. I'm not sure it will be enough for what I was thinking. We're having a baby in March and my partner gets wheezy from the rabbits and I get allergies to the hay sometimes as they're in the living room, but we're okay...
  8. neeshkabeesh

Oh really? Thanks, that's reassuring. I just can't think a wooden box would keep them much warmer but I have never been in a shed or hutch with insulation to know the difference.
  9. neeshkabeesh

Has anyone taken the temperature of the outside vs. inside of their outdoor rabbit hutch or shed? Or better yet have a record over time of this. I can't find this on the forum or the internet, only information about how to insulate sheds or hutches, but not this sort of evidence saying it works.
  10. neeshkabeesh

Honey booked for incisor removal

I fostered a rabbit whose incisors had been removed and he got on fine, he was a lovely bunny, he has gone to a home now. When he was with us he still ate hay and grass, he used to pull it with his gums rather than bite. We found we had to cut any veggies up into smaller pieces so he could take...
  11. neeshkabeesh

Ear discomfort but nothing in the scope UPDATE tooth pulpectomy

Hi, thank you. Yes our box just ran out recently. She does eat it but only when I break it up, as you suggest. Is it okay to give a lot of it? They were having half a stick each per day as a treat.
  12. neeshkabeesh

I took Juno back to the vet this week, she has been acting like she is ravenous all the time jumping up and scratching and biting in agitation. Long story short we are going ahead with the pulpectomy now, just waiting to hear from the vet when she can do it. One tooth either side on the lower...
  13. neeshkabeesh

Thanks so much both of you. I think she is going to be one of these where I wonder every day whether we should put her to sleep now, and then finally do and wish I should have done it sooner :( It's always hard to time it right. Anyway I'll see what the vet and x-rays say on Friday. She is happy...
  14. neeshkabeesh

Juno had her x-rays yesterday, I only spoke to the vet on the phone about it as he wasn't around for an appointment in the evening when I went to pick her up. He said there was nothing in or around her ears as they had a good look while she was under, and also the x-ray didn't show anything...
  15. neeshkabeesh

No, Tuesday 5th September was her last dental, sorry wasn't very clear there.
  16. neeshkabeesh

Completely back to normal, ear is back up looking cheerful, obviously! But I don't believe it!! :roll: :lol: Thanks so much for your responses and the links, I'm going to go through them all now. That image of the x-rays is great, I have absolutley no expertise in these things and it surprises...
  17. neeshkabeesh

We took our rabbits to the vets this evening for their RHD2 vaccine and I mentioned that I thought Juno had been flicking her head/ears about lately and scratching at them, mainly the right one. It's not the kind of flicking they do as a binky or in excitement, it's definitely a flick like her...
  18. neeshkabeesh

Farm Hay in Northumberland/Tyneside

Hi, I get mine from Tile Sheds Farm which is between Cleadon and Boldon, a bit further south though. It's £3 per bale. If you know anyone who keeps horses, ask them where they get theirs from.
  19. neeshkabeesh

NIC cube stockist, to visit in person

Ahh that's great, thanks so much for your help! Really helpful.
  20. neeshkabeesh

NIC cube stockist, to visit in person

Hi all, Does anyone know of a stockist in the North East of England or a national chain which sells NIC cubes or c&c cube panels? I would like to see them in person to see if they are worth getting, in terms of quality, strength, appearance and physical size really. I've never seen them in life...
Back