• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. C

EC help

Yes, that could also be it as he was definitely in some digestive discomfort. The trembling was quite severe so I was worried it was some kind of seizure but he didn’t have the typical symptoms such as tracking, rolling etc. He was passing small poos and his appetite is better now so it seems to...
  2. C

EC help

Thank you, he seems a bit better now, not trembling anymore anyway. It’s really strange as he was shaking so bad earlier :( I can’t work out what brought it on, I don’t see many people talk about shaking as a symptom of EC although I’ve read tremors can be. I let him out for a bit and moving...
  3. C

EC help

Hi, I’m really worried about my rabbit Ronnie. Had to take him to the emergency vet a week ago as he was not eating and was very lethargic. He was treated for stasis but we have now been treating for EC for about a week with Panacur which the vets recommended due to him not improving and...
  4. C

Buprenorphine??

Hi all, I hope this is ok to post. Clover received an injection of Buprenorphine this evening to try and help with her arthritis. She has lost the ability to hop and this is a last resort to make her more comfortable. She has been on Loxicom for a few years too. My question is, is it ok to...
  5. C

Rabbit holiday care

Apologies if this is in the wrong section but just wondering if anyone knows of any good pet sitters or rabbit boarding in or near Coventry? I’m really struggling to find somewhere for my two rabbits due to everywhere either being booked up or using ridiculously small cages. Need something for...
  6. C

Arthritis Advice

She’s been living side by side with other rabbits for a few months but unfortunately it’s not been a straightforward process with her. It would be lovely for her to have a companion to snuggle with but I also have to consider whether the risks (I.e- stress and injury) are worth it when she’s...
  7. C

Arthritis Advice

I completely get where you’re coming from and I absolutely wouldn’t even consider putting her back out if I thought she physically couldn’t cope. I know many senior rabbits who are still more than able to live out year round, it really depends of the individual. Her enclosure is right by the...
  8. C

Arthritis Advice

She’s not being housed outside in sub zero temperatures. That’s why I moved her in. I’d only move her back out when the temperature gets back up to consistently above freezing. Her vet was completely happy to have her stay outside, it was my own judgment call. She’s an outside rabbit at heart...
  9. C

Arthritis Advice

She only moved in last week so has her winter coat. She’s in an unheated conservatory which is only slightly warmer than outside but is draught free. I’m really undecided on what to do.
  10. C

Arthritis Advice

Thanks, that’s really reassuring to hear. I think I’ll give it a go
  11. C

Arthritis Advice

. EDIT: *Please no more comments on her moving back outside. I’m undecided but I don’t need opinions from people who are against rabbits being outside. She isn’t kept outside in below freezing temperatures. She is monitored with a live view camera and has plenty of insulation and a thick...
  12. C

What's going on with Pets at Home?

The ones I saw had been moved into the larger enclosures usually for the young rabbits
  13. C

What's going on with Pets at Home?

I stopped off at P@H today to pick up some more pellets and noticed they are no longer selling rabbits at that specific store. Has anyone else noticed this? They had two pairs up for adoption in the 'rehoming' section but had signs up saying 'this store no longer sells rabbits' and directing you...
  14. C

Wholesale suppliers of rabbit forage ingredients!

Does anyone know of any suppliers of dried plants in bulk in order to make and sell hand-mixed forage blends. I've seen a lot of online retailers pop up lately selling rabbit forage and treats and am wondering where they are buying the individual ingredients from!? Thanks!
  15. C

Bonding Advice

Hi! This is my first time posting here so hopefully this is in the right place :). Last year my male rabbit sadly passed away meaning I was left with a single female (Clover). Clover is 7/8 years old and has been living on her own, mainly inside over winter. She seems happy enough but is...
Back