• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. P

Rabbit not herself, please help

Got a call from the vets and the vet I was supposed to be seeing is off sick today, so Millie can't go in today, unless it's an emergency. I've asked for a phone call back from the other vet on duty to discuss what I should do in the meantime. In some ways it may be divine intervention as the...
  2. P

Millie's wet cecotrope problem seems to be getting worse. At first they were the exception rather than the rule, now it is the other way around with not that many normally formed dry droppings today. Also, before she finally passes the cecotropes, she will sit motionless in her litter tray for...
  3. P

Not to my knowledge. She came from a rescue centre about 3 months ago, but who knows before that.
  4. P

OK so bloods came back fairly normal (phew!), and urine test (just a simple one, not culture) didn't show anything such as blood in urine. No sign of any more infection so I'm told. So next step will be to probably sedate and have a proper look at the back teeth, I think previously it was just a...
  5. P

OK so urine sample delivered to the vets. Tomorrow we should have both blood and urine test results and hopefully better see what the problem is. Thanks again everyone.
  6. P

please see my replies above
  7. P

Thanks for the fast replies, this is really appreciated: @Shimmer -re Baytril, she was only on a 5 day course and its now 10 days or more since this completed. Do you think this could still be affecting her? -she's not on any pain relief yet, but I agree it could be helpful -She's not eating as...
  8. P

Hi everyone, my Millie has been a bit out of sorts for a while now. About 3 weeks ago I started to notice her urine was becoming very orange and even red with possible blood. She was also less litter trained, but it was not a total loss. I took her to the vet and he thought it could be UTI so...
  9. P

Milk thistle seeds?

After my Grace was diagnosed with liver disease years ago I started feeding her milk thistle seeds, and by coincidence or design about a month later she started to improve. All bloods after that were in the right range for the rest of her life. I've just started giving my latest buns a teaspoon...
  10. P

Is ornamental grass unsafe or toxic?

Thanks for your reply Omi. I'm reassured you think it's unlikely and probably a coincidence. She did seem a bit better this evening and she went out and ate some more of it, followed by a right good dose of regular grass as well, so fingers crossed.
  11. P

Is ornamental grass unsafe or toxic?

I have an area of stubborn ornamental grass in one corner of my garden that sprouts every spring. It grows quite long and when it's died in the winter I cut it down. My girl bun ate some 4 days ago and since a day later I noticed she has been off her food, she is still eating but not as much she...
  12. P

Advice for moveable outdoor run?

Yes, on reflection I think you're right. Looking at wooden runs now and they're generally quite small (1-2 ft wide and 3-4 ft long max). Might look at steel mesh options as well. Any suggestions?
  13. P

Advice for moveable outdoor run?

Hi there, I have 2 gorgeous buns who live in a generous 12' x 8' insulated shed. I have a large walled garden where I let them out for around 2 hours a day to free range (always fully monitored in person and of course:p). I'm thinking of getting an outdoor run that I could let them into for...
  14. P

10 year old with abscess

That's lovely to hear a happy ending for your girl. I'm thrilled.
  15. P

Co-trimoxazole antibiotics for rabbits?

I don't think its closed over properly yet, but don't want to be invasive myself. I think the vet will check that out when he goes in tomorrow for check-up.
  16. P

He seems a bit better in himself. He ate quite a bit of grass outside yesterday evening. He did eat some hay overnight but not as much as usual, but did produce a lot of droppings as well. He's never been a big drinker but certainly peeing ok. I gave him Loxicom last night and more this morning...
  17. P

Thanks both. Good shout IM. After a few days on baytril with no improvement the vet said to give a low dose of loxicom. After starting the co-trimoxazole I started to withdraw it gradually but I will start again tonight. Thank you.
  18. P

I've been googling this drug and it has several equivalents, all with very long names, but short story is there is a low risk of serious side effects, similar on scale to baytril. Which makes me think its not long enough to have an effect yet. Is 3 days too short for antibiotics to start to work...
  19. P

My Oscar developed an abscess on the end of his nose. The vet drained the puss and prescribed a course of baytril. At the same time he took a swab of the puss for a culture test. After 5 days the test results came back and suggested that baytril was likely to be ineffective. So he was started on...
  20. P

One bun ill, other not, both at vets but separated, should they be together??

Thanks everyone for all the kind words. Gracie really was the most amazing bun. Always one step ahead of me, so clever. And an escape artist, she was a stray, and once settled in my place she could easily jump on top of the garden wall at the back of the house and despite my protestations she...
Back