• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. B

Moving bunnies outside after bonding

The male Bumble was in there, I moved them out early this morning and they seem super happy up to now. It had all been cleaned etc and I spent time with them the first hour to make sure there were no fights etc, I keep checking on them to make sure all is well. They're cuddling up to each other...
  2. B

They've been in since Wednesday
  3. B

Hi Ive successfully bonded my rabbits, they are typically outdoor rabbits but have been inside since Wednesday. The plan is to move them to their outdoor enclosure (insulated shed but with run which is of course open to the elements) but I'm worried about the drop in temperature. Will they have...
  4. B

Mid bonding help!

They really seem happy together, it's making me so happy watching them lay together so relaxed! All feels too good to be true so time will tell haha x
  5. B

Mid bonding help!

Perfect thank you! All going well so far theyre snuggling and grooming each other and bumble has stopped trying to hump so much. Keeping everything crossed that they don't turn on each other at any point over the next couple of days!
  6. B

Mid bonding help!

He does try to hump her head and she's laid there for a few seconds then runs away and he just sits there looking disappointed ha. Should I split them immediately if there is head humping?
  7. B

Mid bonding help!

Hi It's only been a few hours 🙈 just so unsure what to expect, I kind of expected fighting right off the bat so nothing happening is putting me on edge haha. As long as it all sounds good I'll crack on. I'm hoping to keep them together until the bond is solidified and just break up and fights...
  8. B

Mid bonding help!

Hi Can i have some advice on positive bonding behaviour please, I'm mid bonding my neutered/spayed buns. They're pretty chilled eating hay etc but pretty much ignoring each other. My male rabbit tries to hump the female and she runs away but doesn't fight back or anything and he tends to stop...
  9. B

When to bond

Thank you! Yes, could definitely do it outside, I was worried as it's not necessarily neutral. That's great advice thank you! X
  10. B

When to bond

Hi I have just had my male/female rabbits neutered and spayed. Since being separated at 10 weeks they have lived side by side separated by chicken wire so they can see and angel each other, they are currently inside recovering and can still see/smell each other. My question is when is the best...
  11. B

Sticky eye

Hi My bumble has a sore eye, it's red and swollen around the rim and there's some discharge, it's still opening normally, he's eating and drinking and he's been out in the run. I'll be calling the vets in the morning but wondered if anyone had experienced this or might have some idea of what it...
  12. B

Feeling bad

Thanks for the advice!! X
  13. B

Feeling bad

They are mini lop X Dutch so not huge rabbits. I was hoping to get them back together once the buck had been neutered and had the 6 weeks over, is that okay or would I need to wait until they were both done? We just had an escape attempt, I closed the shed up and let bumble out in to the run...
  14. B

Feeling bad

The vet will do it at 16 weeks earliest, they are currently 10 and a half weeks old. I separated as bumble was mounting Bea and she was constantly running away from him. Can you advise what I'm looking for in their behaviour please? They both seem to be looking for each other and the bunny...
  15. B

Feeling bad

Feeling terrible, the time has come to split my buns up until I can get the buck neutered. As per vet instruction, I'm keeping them near each other so their bond doesn't completely break. I have a lovely she'd set up and huge run, I have put a modified chicken coop and run inside the big run so...
  16. B

Newspaper

I had looked at megazorb but sort of assumed you still would line with newspaper, but even better if not!
  17. B

Newspaper

Thanks everyone, I knew there'd be a better way!
  18. B

Newspaper

Where does everyone get their newspaper from?! Do you literally buy them off the shelf or is there a recycling place you can get them? I know this is a ridiculous question haha but it seems crazy to buy the newspaper off the shelf to put it down in a litter tray 😂 *I also don't like funding...
  19. B

New here

Thanks so much for the advice! I have made provisions to separate them anyway so that's great, hopefully they won't have to be separated for too long! Would I just follow the bonding process after the male has been neutered and recovered (at least 6 weeks), neutral space etc?
  20. B

New here

Hi everyone! I'm new here! Hope you're all keeping well and safe. I don't get my bunnies until the end of June but I have a few questions I hope can be cleared up before I pick them up! I'm getting a male and female duo, siblings. I will be neutering and spaying both as soon as they are...
Back