• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. KandTheBuns

A very poorly bun :(

QUICK UPDATE: took him back to the vet as he had not improved at all on a week of antibiotics, really thought they were going to say they needed to put him down. But no! He was a bit calmer this time and the (amazing wonderful lovely) vet managed to look up his nose and it’s full of puss! She...
  2. KandTheBuns

Thankyou! All good vibes greatly appreciated!!🤞🏻
  3. KandTheBuns

Thankyou! Trying to stay positive but feels good to vent aha! 🤞🏻
  4. KandTheBuns

Thankyou! I’ll look into the emeraid that’s really helpful. He does have a bottle available too but he’s not used one before so he seems quite baffled. Im also getting some alfalfa tomorrow to keep him munching hay too. The weight loss is definitely the scariest thing but didn’t consider the...
  5. KandTheBuns

Not really sure what I want from this stream of consciousness (apologies for how long it is) but non-bun folk don’t want to listen to me wittering on about our ill boy so thought I’d post it here and would be grateful for a positive thoughts and vibes. Our big boy Gandalf (rescue french lop...
  6. KandTheBuns

Bonding a Dwarf

Thank you for your reply To be honest I’m feeling so desperate about the whole situation! I wonder whether it’s not neutral enough territory for a very territorial girl? I’m considering a little car ride to my sisters house and a session ina different house might help. Will defo consider the...
  7. KandTheBuns

Bonding a Dwarf

Hi! I have 3 rabbits, a 4 yr old female, a 2 yr old male and a 4 (approx) yr old male. They’re all adopted/rescues and none of them have ever lived with another rabbit to my knowledge. (All spayed/neutered). Personality wise Dora, the 4 yr old female Netherlands dwarf is... highly strung. Much...
  8. KandTheBuns

Entropian

Hi all! We had our new rescue lop Gandalf neutered on Monday, and he had a little white discharge in his left eye so the vet looked at his teeth while he was under anaesthetic to check it wasn’t dental. Teeth were fine but he mentioned that he thinks he has entropian and that the discharge is...
  9. KandTheBuns

Best way to clean rabbits rear

Just a quick update - it’s already looking so much better! We’ve got a good system of my partner holding him (he watched lots of videos and practised on a stuffed toy bless him!) and me wiping him down, drying and applying the cream. It’s only been 4 out of the 20 times we’ve got to do it and...
  10. KandTheBuns

Will the fact that he’s living inside keep him safer from fly strike? We were initially using an F10 Cream (I think it said barrier cream) as the first vet we saw though he was just sore from sitting in dirty bedding. Definitely planning to get him neutered once he’s all healed up as we have a...
  11. KandTheBuns

Thankyou we’ll give it a try :) We’ve got hibiscrub to use so glad it comes well recommended!
  12. KandTheBuns

Hey all! Sorry for such a gross topic aha but I Was hoping for a bit of advice on the best way to clean my rabbits genital area! We’ve had him nearly 3 weeks now, rescued from fairly gross living conditions. He’s an unneutered male french lop. He has a really smelly rear end, not urine or poop...
  13. KandTheBuns

Help Smelly Genitals

A long shot I know as this thread is so old but what was the conclusion of this? My Male buns is exactly as you’ve described and the vet is being no help and it’s been a week and it hasn’t cleared up despite daily cleaning and prescribed cream. Just curious what happened next with your guy!
  14. KandTheBuns

Eating poop...

Thankyou that’s helpful! I’ve seen him munch a bit of hay but not much, but the vet said his teeth looked okay so maybe it could be he just doesn’t like the hay I have. I’ll do some shopping around! And yes my rabbits are vaccinated, I’ll get him done too as soon as I can but the vets only...
  15. KandTheBuns

Eating poop...

New poster, I couldn’t find any answer for this on google so hoping someone can point me in the right direction! 2 days ago I was given a BIG french lop to ‘foster’ (my sister intends to keep him long term). She helps out on a farm and the neighbouring farm had some rabbits and Guineapigs all...
Back