• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. S

Egg cup of nuggets/pellets - volume?

Yes I agree that providing the weight would be much better! Thank you so much for giving the weight of Science Selective nuggets - that's the kind I use.
  2. S

Ah, I see. I always want fixed rules when the world doesn't really work like that! This is one of those cases it seems. The reason I posted this question was because I thought I was feeding the egg cup sized amount but the vet noticed some weight gain. I was surprised as I felt I was feeding a...
  3. S

Guidelines from lots of places (including my vet) say to feed rabbits an egg cup cull of pellets each twice a day. I wondered if anyone could tell me what the volume of an egg cup actually is. I don't own one! Somehow even the vastness of the internet doesn't seem to have a ready answer! Thanks...
  4. S

Insurance for repeated illnesses and older buns

Yes, that's really helpful info Liz47 especially about lifetime vs 12-month policies. Thank you! I wish I'd asked for advice about insurance when we first got them! (Kicks self). Both were adopted as adult rabbits from shelters/foster but we only had the medical records of one of them so I...
  5. S

How many times do you take your rabbits to the vet a year?

Thanks for your replies Shimmer and Liz47. I don't feel so bad now! I suppose rabbits are just that bit more sensitive than other animals. Poor things. I'm sorry to hear about your loss Liz47. I hope you are doing ok. Best wishes to your pets undergoing treatment at the moment.
  6. S

Insurance for repeated illnesses and older buns

Hi there, We've had our rabbits for around a year. I made the decision to not get insurance as previous pets have needed little more than their annual check-ups. However, we've had so many trips to the vet this year that I think I probably should have done. Partly what has stopped me is the...
  7. S

How many times do you take your rabbits to the vet a year?

Hi everyone, yesterday we (my partner and I) had to take Olive to the vet as she wasn't eating and just wasn't herself. It's horrible having to leave her there overnight all on her own. Anyway, on the way back we said to each other that it seems we are there every couple of months! Both of us...
  8. S

Is it ok to use a non rabbit-savvy vet for vaccinations?

Thanks for the reassurance that it's a good decision! I have my suspicions my OH thinks I'm being a *tad* over-protective so it's nice to have back-up...
  9. S

Thank you both so much for your replies! I'm so sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I was going back and forth between the two so much that I don't think I could have written anything coherent in response until now. I think that trying to work out a way of switching between the two...
  10. S

Perhaps I should have referred to the rabbit-savvy vet as the Royal Richard Vet!
  11. S

Hi everyone, I am a new rabbit owner and I'm in need of advice about which vet to go to. Short version: I am 5 minutes from a non-rabbit savvy vet. My nearest rabbit-savvy vet is very awkward to get to. I'll definitely take my rabbits to the savvy vet for any health problems, but to save a lot...
Back