• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Vale&Doyle

Litter issues after moving into a new apartment

Thanks everyone ☺️ Hopefully the situation is getting a lot better. I bought a bigger litter box - and also cover the area where Doyle goes to do his business. And we are 48hrs with no 💩 "incidents". I am not calling victory yet, as it might be too early. But it's definitely a promising start
  2. Vale&Doyle

thanks so much for your precious advice. I have already purchased a second litter box. Hopefully things will get better. The riff between them seems just a one off, but I do think, at this point, might have been caused by moving into a new apartment, and them trying to re-establish the "chain...
  3. Vale&Doyle

Oh my 😱 things have taken a bad turn this morning. I was working and both my buns where in the room with me. At one point, I hear a commotion and I noticed Doyle (my boy, the top bun) trying to bite Molly (my girl). Luckily he didn't hurt her, but he removed a big chunk of her fur. They have...
  4. Vale&Doyle

Thanks for all the advices. The litter tray is a rectangular cat litter. It is inside their "house" (Ikea's HOL - where I carved two entrances so they can get in and out). So I don't think it's just an "accident" or my bub jumping out and bringing some poops with him . In the other apartment my...
  5. Vale&Doyle

Thanks for your answer. Yes, they do have plenty of hay, and they both use the litter box. However my boy tend to live "souvenirs" all around the area where their house is. Let's hope that it's just the new apartment and that he can settle soon.
  6. Vale&Doyle

Hi every-bunny, I am in need of some of your precious suggestions. I have recently moved to a new flat (just under a month ago) and my two rabbits seem to have adjusted quite nicely. They do seem to love the new place :) They are free roam buns and perfectly litter trained (of course...
  7. Vale&Doyle

My boy poo look like pressed up and down

I am pretty sure that you are taking about cecotropes (try to look them up on google to see if it looks the same). They are completely normal. You don't usually see them because rabbits eat their cecotropes. But if you notice too many of these cecotropes simply adjust the diet of your rabbit
  8. Vale&Doyle

Myxomatosis after vaccine?

yes, that is probably what I will do!
  9. Vale&Doyle

Bonding Archie and Pandora 31.07

Great to hear this ❤️
  10. Vale&Doyle

Buying unneutered brother and sister rabbits, should they be separated immediately?

Rabbits can be quite territorial, especially if not neutered. You can keep them together up to 10 weeks or so. Then the male will most likely start to pester the doe (she might not be able to get pregnant, but she can definitely get upset and fight with the buck). Once the boy is neutered you...
  11. Vale&Doyle

You are absolutely AMAZING! thanks so much! I now live in SE London but moving to Harrow soon-ish (hopefully)
  12. Vale&Doyle

Thanks so much for all your support. This was my first "feeling" when I saw Molly's eyes on Sunday. It's too much of a coincidence to catch a virus at the exact same time of the vaccine. As far as I know, one of the vet at my clinic is an expert in small animals / rabbits, so I don't want to...
  13. Vale&Doyle

These are photos of my girl today (Tue): both eyes and the little bump on her nose https://imgur.com/a/DN83EKD and this was Molly yesterday (Mon) for comparison https://imgur.com/a/M0F0Avl
  14. Vale&Doyle

No, but she says that she wants to see Molly every 3 days. Her symptoms are - as of today, very mild. Puffy eyes and a small bump on her nose. So maybe she will adjust the therapy as needed. Also, I have noticed that, today, the puffiness around the eyes is a bit darker andmore "dry" compared...
  15. Vale&Doyle

thanks for your help, it means a lot. We have been to the vet and unfortunately it is myxomatosis. The vet doesn't think that it's a side effect of the vaccine but she believes that Molly got in contact with the virus before her vaccine on June 11th. In any case, she have given me eye drops...
  16. Vale&Doyle

thanks so much. That's what I was thinking too. A reaction to the vaccine. Actually, compared to when I vaccinated my first rabbit 3 months ago, they had a slightly different vaccine (a new one they said) where you would need just an injection instead of two (two weeks apart). So who knows...
  17. Vale&Doyle

Hi everyone, Premise: I would like to ask for your opinion - of course I have already taken my bunny to the out of hour clinic yesterday, and I have an appointment with my day vet first thing tomorrow. I just want to hear your stories and opinions, cause the wait is killing me. That being said...
  18. Vale&Doyle

Underfloor Heating - advice

Hi everyone, I am in the market to buy a flat. I have found the PERFECT place. However, before making an offer, I have a question concerning my 2 bunnies wellbeing. The apartment has underfloor heating. Now, I have never lived in a flat with underfloor heating so I have no clue about it. So I...
  19. Vale&Doyle

Hopping on & off the bed - suggestions

thanks everyone for the suggestions - I will keep you posted. First thing is to get an appointment with the vet to discuss neutering (although he seems still so little to me)
Back