• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. M

Bonding help please - experience needed

Bella and Fluffy are our 2 year old rabbits who have been bonded since November 2019. They are not related and both are fixed. Bella was with us first and around 6 months later we ended up getting Fluffy unexpectedly and took him on as a rescue. We started the bonding process and it took us...
  2. M

Vaccinations whilst on antibiotics

My two house rabbits have been on antibiotics for nearing 6 months now due to suffering from snuffles which we believe is likely chronic now. One is on 0.67 baytril and the other 0.55 sulfatrim, both twice daily. The problem we have now got is that they are both due for vaccinations but my vet...
  3. M

Should baytril and sulfatrim be refrigerated?

Quick question, should the liquid formal of oral baytril be kept refrigerated or not? Same question for sulfatrim oral drops. I’ve found conflicting answers online. Neither medications say on the box whether to keep refrigerated or not.
  4. M

How long can sulfatrim be used for?

One of my rabbits is currently being treated for snuffles using the antibiotic sulfatrim (the other is taking baytril as she showed a loss of appetite on sulfatrim). He has just finished an initial 10 day course of sulfatrim, but as symptoms haven’t completely resolved (he is sneezing less, but...
  5. M

Good probiotics & prebiotics?

Looking to give probiotics alongside a 10 day course of baytril. Can anyone recommend the best types? I’ve seen fibreplex is recommended in a lot of places as a probiotic. Also have had a look at Alvipro Plus as a prebiotic - is this safe for rabbits? Would a probiotic or a prebiotic be better...
  6. M

Rabbits sneezing

In regards to my previous posts, my two rabbits (one in particular) developed sneezing. One with discharge, one seemingly without. Both were put on a course of baytril for 5 days for suspected snuffles (I know, much shorter than recommended), as there was no improvement from one rabbit (the one...
  7. M

Sneezing update

Re my last post. My male (not the bunny who has been sneezing with no discharge on and off for the last week) has just sneezed with a small amount of white discharge, so I’m assuming he has got snuffles. We are going to take them both to the vet tomorrow morning providing there isn’t some...
  8. M

Sneezing - no discharge

This could be a long post so hear me out. I have two cage free house rabbits who live mainly in the kitchen in their set up (on a rug and some blankets - will become relevant later) but also spend time in my bedroom during the day when I’m home, as my female much prefers the carpet for grip...
  9. M

Time between harvesting hay and selling?

Hi, I’ve been looking into getting a new additional ‘treat’ hay for my rabbits to give alongside the Small Pet Select 2nd Cutting Timothy Hay being their main hay. I looked on timothyhay.co.uk as it has been recommended on here, and was looking at the Oat Hay but later found out it was harvested...
  10. M

Ways to reduce stress induced GI stasis

Hi, I have a spayed female bunny who is almost two. She is naturally a very nervous and anxious rabbit, and gets stressed easily. She is not even two years old until June and has already gone into stasis twice (and a third if you want to count it but this was a mild and short case as a result of...
  11. M

Snuffles / pasteurella and hay

Hi, my rabbit has recently sneezing a lot and with some nasal discharge, so we took him to the vet and he was given Baytril to take for a few days as it is thought to be a respiratory infection (we’re currently on the second day of giving the antibiotic with no improvement just yet but that is...
  12. M

Rabbit making weird noise when eating

Hi, my 1 year old female bunny is making quiet but noticeable (if you listen closely) noises when chewing food. The noise she makes is much softer than a grunt and almost like a humming sound (short but frequent when she does make it) but only happens when she is eating and it’s not even...
  13. M

How to know when the dominance hierarchy has been established?

I’ve been bonding my male and female rabbits (both spayed/neutered) for around 3-4 months now and I’m nearing the end of the process. For the most part it has been going great; the reason it has taken so long is because my females is very territorial and dominant and so took a while to accept...
Back