• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Z

Outdoor bunny hutch - DIY

Thank you! The inside structure is made from whatever wood we had after we built a shed haha. The outside paneling is either pine or spruce wood, can't really remember. We left it unpainted and untreated to be safe, but she never had any interest in chewing it anyway.
  2. Z

Hi! So I took some photos, let me know if you need some different angles or anything. And I hope I understood what you asked and this is not completely unrelated lol. Here is a big overview : https://imgur.com/a/5eIgCp8 . Basically there is the inside structure that can be seen in the...
  3. Z

Hi! I understand what you mean but I am not too sure how to explain. The roof is built a few centimeters over the edge compared to the rest of the hutch so when it is closed it kind of goes over. Sorry I'm terrible at explaining, but in a few days I will get home and will take some pictures.
  4. Z

Hi! I know most of the people advocate for pet rabbits to stay indoor, but in my case I absolutely could not convince my parents so I had to figure something out. I now house Misha in an outdoor hutch. It is not perfect, but I did my best, and figured I could maybe help some people who also...
  5. Z

Would you say this is a weird position for a rabbit to sit?

I live with my parents and they can't be bothered about it. They just say to wait a few days and it will be fine - which it was, until now, since I always waited at least 7 days. Turns out my little sister not only let him out on the lawn but also took him to see our other rabbit, a (yet)...
  6. Z

He made some poops! [emoji173] I will keep watching him of course but I already feel so relieved. Trimis de pe al meu SM-G930F folosind Tapatalk
  7. Z

There are two that I know about, but I tried both and they are of no help. They can give iv fluids but they won't / don't know how to do more. I will let him out this evening then. Thank you for your advice. Trimis de pe al meu SM-G930F folosind Tapatalk
  8. Z

No, I am not in UK unfortunately [emoji853] I try to push him to drink more water but other than that I am unsure what to do. He still hasn't made any poops, and still sits still when left alone, but if I get him out of the cage he runs around and eats hay on his own. I guess I will just wait a...
  9. Z

TL/DR: The lawn was sprayed with weed killer 2 days ago and the bunny ate some. He seems mostly fine but sits weird. I found out today that my sister let my bunny outside in the morning. 2 days ago the lawn was sprayed with weed killer (2,4-D). I can't find any clear data on how toxic it is...
  10. Z

Recovery after GI stasis - bunny eats and poops but is lethargic?

Oh. I never considered it might do him more harm. The thing is, he begs for more food. He eats eagerly when I give him critical care with the syringe, and until 2-3 days ago he would fight me whenever I tried to give it to him. I am worried the hay is just not enough for him in this state...
  11. Z

He is around 4 months old. Trimis de pe al meu SM-G930F folosind Tapatalk
  12. Z

Yesterday night he started being more active and aware. Still not playful as he used to be, but he would jump around without us coaxing him. He drinks water on his own, around 50-100 ml every day. Today he is FAMISHED. I finally weighed him and I was shocked. Before he went into stasis, he...
  13. Z

Oh, great then. Since the site ends in .uk I was worried it was UK exclusive and I missed it haha. I will try to get him to eat some more hay, and will report back tomorrow with how things develop. Thank you for all the advice! Trimis de pe al meu SM-G930F folosind Tapatalk
  14. Z

Yes, I am not in the UK :( Sorry if I was out of place to post here, I was just really worried and I found this forum while searching for answers. He didn't really have a problem with eating hay before the stasis episode. Is it possible that not eating for a week caused his spurs to grow bigger...
  15. Z

I really hope it's the opioids that are making him sleepy. Now that I think about it, the last few days I left him at the vet office in the morning and took him back at night so he could have IV fluids and all that, so this is the first day that I actually saw him in the middle of the day since...
  16. Z

Thank you for the reply! The vet said the cause was likely the diet with too much sugar and fat (I gave him pellets with cereal, the colorful kind). I got two x-rays done and no obstruction was found in either of them. He did check the teeth and said there were some sharp edges and some gum...
  17. Z

Hi! How long does it usually take before a bunny recovers from GI stasis? Is it normal for his appetite to have ups and downs? Is it normal for his poops to be a lot of different sizes and shapes? My bun (who I recently discovered was male so he has no official name right now) went into stasis...
Back