• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Eloise6

Can Human Pregnancy Upset Rabbit Bonds??

Just to post a follow-up, although it's a but inconclusive, in case anyone else is ever in this predicament. My partner managed to rebond said rabbits when I was in hospital for a week (!) having the boy. My gut says that my hormones did play some part in the upset as they do seem calmer now...
  2. Eloise6

Thanks all :) It's interesting to hear changes in the behaviour of other rabbits too - was it very noticable or quite subtle when it happened to you olices? Will try rebonding in the bedroom where they are normally not allowed. The vet recommended bonding them after baby is here (he's being...
  3. Eloise6

Please help.

Last post! If your girl isn't spayed yet, getting her done will likely improve any naughty behaviour and calm her down (as well as protecting against uterine cancer etc). Lastly, although rabbits seem more interested in destroying human things than rabbit toys (how do they know??), the...
  4. Eloise6

Please help.

Sorry doing this in two posts - last one got deleted once! Some of the things in our house we've just relented and let the rabbits nip as we weren't that bothered about them - as I said, some things in our house could do with upgrading anyway. The door frames and doors for example we eventually...
  5. Eloise6

Please help.

Hi, what sort of damage is she making? With our two, we have done a few different things. Some of these might work better though depending on how a person wants to keep their house. Although I like to think ours is quite clean, it was worn when we moved in and neither of us has had the time or...
  6. Eloise6

Litter training problems with older bun

Sounds a nightmare! You may have already checked, but can your bun still get into and out of the litter tray easily now he is older? We have a large seed tray for ours which gives plenty of room. If so the only advice I know is the quicker you clean up the pee (and pee smell), the better...
  7. Eloise6

This may be a mad question, but I am 38 weeks pregnant and my two lovely, sweet, bonded boys have suddenly started visciously fighting :'( Bit of background - we have had our two rabbits a year and 8 months. Prior to this they were living at another home, also as a bonded pair. When they moved...
  8. Eloise6

Lady Pip has a gassy tummy and won't eat.

Try her on her favourite treats to tempt her. When Long was post operative all he would eat was dandelions.
  9. Eloise6

Anti Lice / Flea Medicine

My mums rabbit did get fleas once, but then again she is 10(!) so glad to hear it is rare. Thanks for the fast responses 😊 I will keep the medicine in reserve then.
  10. Eloise6

Anti Lice / Flea Medicine

Hi I have rabbits which free roam in my (safe and enclosed) garden. It was suggested to me that I might want to buy some drops to go on the back of their necks to prevent them getting lice / fleas. I have bought some Beaphar "spot on" drops but reading the packet it looks as though it is for if...
  11. Eloise6

Housing Dilemma regarding Hot summers

Glad to hear she was happier inside this time around :-) With the hay, I guess it depends how allergic you and your husband are. You can buy hay which has had all the dust extracted - as such it is better for allergy sufferers, but probably still wouldn't be ideal if you are really very...
  12. Eloise6

Hay rack for indoor buns

I just use a heavy ceramic mixing bowl (the type you make cakes in). Has reduced spillages quite a lot as the hay can't very easily fall out. The buns quite often sit in the bowl to eat.
  13. Eloise6

I suppose you could sell the hutch and buy an a/c unit if you could keep the wires out the way in the shed? May be less stress than having to keep changing ice packs. But if it were me, I'd be tempted to try her in the house again, do you have a quiet room you could keep her in where she might...
  14. Eloise6

Litter Training Set Back after Garden

Thanks for the rely :) Super cute rabbit bed btw.
  15. Eloise6

Litter Training Set Back after Garden

Hi I have two lovely boy buns who are approx. 2 years old. When I got them 2 months ago (from someone who no longer had room for them), Long Boi had bad litter habbits and was marking all over the conservatory where they live. Turned out he wasn't neutered. Once we had him done, this drastically...
  16. Eloise6

Lining rabbit house

My rabbits always seem happy enough with newspaper.
  17. Eloise6

You can get special solar reflecting paint, we used some on our conservatory. It comes in white, or there is even more heavy duty stuff which us silver.
Back