• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. G

Buying a new hutch

I know that this topic has been covered loads of times but I've been searching through the forum and I can't find the threads - sorry! I'm buying a new hutch for my bunnies for Christmas. I've been to Pets at Home and I'm trying to decide between a single storey hutch that's 5ft x 2ft x 2ft or...
  2. G

Very sad story - myxomatosis advice please

This is a very sad story but I'd appreciate any feedback and advice! Late last night, my boyfriend and I were driving home from a party. We narrowly missed hitting a small rabbit which was sitting in the middle of the road. The rabbit didn't move, so I got out of the car to try to shoo him to...
  3. G

plastic hutch and rabbit run advice please!

I made a huge run for my bunnies (9ft x 6ft) out of wood and wire mesh, but 9 months later the weather is taking its toll and it's slowly disintegrating. I was thinking about getting the run advertised on Rabbit Rehome http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/donate/rabbitrun.asp to replace it and was...
  4. G

how can you tell if a bunny is overweight?

Hi! I have two bunnies (boy and girl) who came from a rescue. I don't know exactly what breed they are, they're shorthaired, straight eared grey bunnies about 1.5 years old. When we got them we were advised to feed them up a bit as they were previously neglected and so quite skinny. They've...
  5. G

earwigs in hutch

Hi! Does anyone know whether earwigs cause bunnies any harm? When I was cleaning the hutch today I found around 10 earwigs in the hutch (most were under the litter tray). I've closely inspected the bunnies and they seem fine and I've never noticed any earwigs before but I just wondered if anyone...
  6. G

hay and grass

Hi! I've had my bunnies for about 3 months or so now and they're lovely! We keep them in an outdoor run (covered) during the day, which is on our lawn. But I've noticed that despite us putting large amounts of fresh hay in the covered bit of the run, they are not eating the hay. They love grass...
  7. G

handling bunnies - any advice would be appreciated please!

Hi! I'm new to this forum and I've been reading lots of good advice. We adopted 2 grey bunnies 2 months ago from a rescue (Binky and Bobtail, one girl and one boy, both neutered and 1 year old). They don't seem to be scared of us, we've been spending a lot of time with us and they'll happily eat...
Back