• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. N

Jumping again post spay

This is the silliest thing but how long after a spay can a doe go back to jumping normally? Luna had her 10 day check up on Fri and was signed off as healing nicely and in my relief I forgot to ask how soon she can have back her favourite Hop Inn? She loves flopping on top - it’s 25 cm high...
  2. N

Rebonding post spay

Thank for your advice and support everyone, Luna and Ginger seem to be happy back together again, fingers crossed. He’s very happy flopping around and grooming her loads but she still seems a bit on edge and runs away from him at times.
  3. N

Rebonding post spay

Sorry Tonibun I missed your reply. They do seem to be getting on well. No humping at all since I posted about the mutual grooming. The breeder did say they got on very easily initially (although that’s probably irrelevant) & it’s been two weeks since their fall out...
  4. N

Rebonding post spay

Sadly no-one today , now thinking might risk leaving them in the kitchen as they seem fine...I just don’t know what to do!!
  5. N

Rebonding post spay

Thanks Mighty Max, they seem very chilled out, have been sitting near each other, shared hay and mutual grooming. My (very rabbit inexperienced) gut tells me they will be fine but I don’t want to risk it. Would they start back at the beginning again if I pop them back in their adjoining pens...
  6. N

Rebonding post spay

Quick note - they’ve just been cuddled up in a corner & she was grooming him so that’s positive isn’t it?
  7. N

Rebonding post spay

Thanks for the advice everyone!! Sadly free days are in short supply with two young children & work but I am trying today. They’ve been in the kitchen for 90 mins plus now. Ginger has tried humping Luna three or four times & she puts up with it for a bit and then runs away. She thumped at him...
  8. N

Rebonding post spay

Hi everyone :wave: Our little girl Luna was spayed last week after a minor fall out with our buck, Ginger, (she was humping him & he was chasing her & puling fur, no serious fights). Just taken Luna for her 9 day check at the vets and they’ve said she’s healing nicely and we could try to put...
  9. N

Experienced bunny owners - post spay tips please

Thank you so much to everyone that gave me advice & sent vibes, I’ve sat & watched Luna eat quite a bit of hay tonight & she’s moving more & grooming so hopefully on the mend!
  10. N

Thank you Scrappy’s little helper, I’m one of life’s worriers anyway and this combined with young children, a busy period at work & my mum’s cancer is driving me ever so slightly mad. Anyway she has nibbled at a few strands of hay just now (3/4 only) so that’s progress....
  11. N

Thanks Omi, that’s what’s so weird though - she hardly touching fresh grass and not at all for dandelions & they used to be a favourite. But then neither is Ginger - our neutered buck who she was living with until Mon when they had a fight as she kept humping him! Hence “emergency” spay. Think...
  12. N

Just a note the vets i’m using are recommended by 4 people on Frances Harcourt Brown website - Windlesham Village Vets
  13. N

She was ok after the spay but the vet kept her until 5:30 as she wasn’t really eating and she’s only been nibbling at herbs yesterday and the odd blade of grass when I annoyed her by waving them under her nose and wouldn’t touch kale. She did have a few sips of water from a bowl and did wee. The...
  14. N

Aah thanks there’s really good points here, she wouldn’t eat anything dry for a day after her stasis episode so that’s a good to know.
  15. N

Hi everyone, our little mini lop Luna is going in for a sort of emergency spay tomorrow as she had a fall out with her husband on Mon as he objected to be humped all the time :roll: They are indoors and now separated but can see each other. She’s just 6 months, he’s 7 months but was neutered...
  16. N

My bonded pair are fighting- help please!!

Tonibun it’s a bit early for spring so better google bunny sexing 😱
  17. N

Thanks Mikek, I sadly have to go to work so have separated them as they were circling like mad & she is chinning everything & won’t leave him alone. They can see each other though so hopefully just two or three days with swapping enclosures (breeder advice) won’t be too hard to rebond???!
  18. N

She’s a minx, thanks both that is totally what I thought! They’re indoor rabbits so was really hoping to avoid separating if possible from a space point of view. Was never told this might happen by breeder or would have pushed for spay earlier...Vets have said earliest can spay is Thursday...
  19. N

Hi everyone, we have 2 mini lops male & female bonded by the breeder at about 10 & 14 weeks. They’re now 6 months (doe) and 7 months (buck). He was neutered before he left the breeder at about 12 weeks, she’s still to be spayed, she’s only little & vet suggested we wait. Last night they seem to...
  20. N

GI Stasis advice needed for a newbie owner please

Hi everyone, thanks for all your advice. Our vet said he could feel quite a bit of fecal matter in her & nothing that would suggest a blockage. He gave her more Emeprid & Ranitidine plus Fibreplex & some to take home. She was quieter last night but ran over for breakfast this morning & is...
Back