• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. M

Congestive heart failure and ACE inhibitors?

Sorry to bring up an old thread, I just remembered I posted here and I wanted to update it all and gather some more of your experiences with Fortekor. Basically I stopped the fortekor after a week or two with Snoopy as vet felt it 'didn't suit him'. He was on a course of marbocyl (abx) at the...
  2. M

The trouble was the tablet had turned half to powder by the time I'd cut it into 10 lol. So I couldn't hand feed it otherwise I'd think he'd take it too. I'm hoping there's an alternative. It was diagnosed as CHF but I'm not sure we were 100% on what heart condition it is - other than we know...
  3. M

Thank you :) It is incredibly stressful isn't it? Just working out what his problem is has been a crazy journey as literally no one believed there was anything wrong with him... but you notice when you see your bunny listing to one side in his sleep, getting slower day by day etc. I have...
  4. M

Thank you! I am keeping a record of everything. He's been on Vetmedin a few months now and it seemed to give him more energy. Unfortunately, he then got hit by this inflamed fatty tissue and was put on antibiotics for 4 weeks as well as high dose loxicom. This is where I've been confused as...
  5. M

Thank you :D It used to be in suspension form, but the vet said it was discontinued, I can't remember why :(
  6. M

Thanks Loobers, I'm wondering if there is a connection. Can I ask how much your Toby weighs as I'm not sure if Snoopy is on a really low dose? This is what I was hoping to see so I'm wondering if something else maybe going on. He has necrotic inflamed tissue as well, which has been well...
  7. M

Thank you, this is interesting as I thought they were a common combination. I did ask if I could make up a solution and she said no, so I'm not completely sure on that! He's on the 2.5mg tablet, one tenth of that! I have stopped it fr today and he already seems brighter, which is odd. I'm...
  8. M

Hi there, I have just joined as I'm struggling to find anyone with any experience on this condition. In May my bunny Snoopy was diagnosed (via x-ray) with congestive heart failure/ enlarged heart. He was immediately started on Vetmedin and frusol. These really seemed to help in and I was...
Back