• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Kimmiekims

Help!! Melanoma and chronic dental abscess.

I was actually just going to come on and post an update. Sadly Kiki passed away suddenly on Monday evening. We had her up at the vet for her checkup, she had been fine immediately prior to this. As we were sitting in the waiting room, me holding Kiki in my arms as I usually do, she suddenly...
  2. Kimmiekims

Thank you so much! xx
  3. Kimmiekims

Thank you so much! My Kiki looks like the bun in your avitar and signature! She's a very cheeky otter mini-lop! X
  4. Kimmiekims

Thank you so much! Kiki is such a brave girl, she's been a true fighter! x
  5. Kimmiekims

Thank you, it's much appreciated! x
  6. Kimmiekims

Thank you, and thank you for your help! x
  7. Kimmiekims

Thank you so much! x
  8. Kimmiekims

Thank you, it's so appreciated! x
  9. Kimmiekims

Thank you! Thank you for your support, it was so helpful! You're right, thankfully Kiki doesn't know her diagnosis, it's a blessing really! She's still the same sweet, affectionate girl and her husbun dotes on her, looking after her! I do worry how he will manage, but we'll be with him and...
  10. Kimmiekims

Hi all, apologies for not updating sooner, we've been going through so much here with Kiki! Sorry this is not a happy post, how I wish it was! Sadly Kiki's histology confirmed that she has an extremely malignant, fast growing melanoma! They did think our vet managed to remove all of that tumour...
  11. Kimmiekims

Help,please .respiratory infection :(

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear this! Lots of love to you! xx
  12. Kimmiekims

Hi all, Kiki's surgery went really well and she is fine! Our vet removed her ear, she removed a little more than planned as she found a second tiny black nodule that she suspected was a melanoma also! She diseceted down to the lymph node and removed that as well! Unfortunately she found this was...
  13. Kimmiekims

Honey’s results Update p68

That's okay, glad she is starting to feel a bit better now! Hopefully the injection will work, we've had great results with Kiki's! If it's still causing issues might be worth trying the bimoxyl, it's a slightly different antibiotic, although still in the same family!
  14. Kimmiekims

Thank you! It's always a worry when get have to get an anaesthetic!
  15. Kimmiekims

Thank you! Yeah, it's a relief, I think we'll send the lymph node off to the lab just to be double sure!
  16. Kimmiekims

Thank you! We were so relieved when he told us that!
  17. Kimmiekims

Honey’s results Update p68

Kiki gets bimoxyl LA every two days and has not had any issues with it in the three years we have been using it. What type of penicillin is being used, maybe there's a different preparation you could try? Hope she's feeling better soon!
  18. Kimmiekims

We got the results of Kiki's CT back which showed no spread of the melanoma! We were really worried it would show it had spread as we noticed a lump under her ear the night before and it's in the location of the lymph node, although they think it is just reactive rather than a spread of the...
  19. Kimmiekims

Plumpkin Update - Long Term Dentals

Poor Plumpkin, it's a shame she will need the rentals but as long as she isn't in pain I think it's good to giver her a chance! My Kiki has significant dental issues and we've had to try hard to keep weight on her at times! Oats are really great, they love them and they do help them gain weight...
  20. Kimmiekims

Thank you! You're right, she remains completely oblivious to it, she has no symptoms and is still behaving like her usual cheeky self! It was a shock to have it confirmed, it's so rare I really hoped we were wrong, but deep down I knew that wouldn't be the case! Still, I remain hopeful we can...
Back