• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. HS

My bunnies

I only have the two bunnies now, Daisy-Boo (a Honeybunny) and Pippin (a BARC bunny). The plan is to rescue some more when we have settled into our new house, as it feels odd only having two! They are both beautiful, full of life and so well behaved, although Daisy-Boo still likes to steal food...
  2. HS

Sleep tight Salt

I had to say goodbye to my little Salt today, he's gone to join his brother Pepper, at Rainbow Bridge. I saw Salt and Pepper on here on the Rabbits in Need forum back in 2006. They caught my eye straight away and it was love at first sight - I had to have them. Jill kindly agreed to me adopting...
  3. HS

Vibes for Daisy-Boo

My gorgeous girl was looking very sorry for herself this morning and didn't want her breakfast. I've given her some metacam and critical care and made her give around. I've had to come to work and hope she feels better when I go home later. Vibes would be appreciated.
  4. HS

Metacam dosage too high

Ok, don't know what to think about this. Salt was prescribed metacam for arthritis (he was weeing on his back leg - not able to move it out of the way) and was on 0.6ml of cat metacam. I ordered a repeat prescription and went to pick it up and it was dispensed in a brown bottle and labelled...
  5. HS

Metacam dosage

Hi can I just check that this sounds ok. Been to a new vet (moved house) and took Salt as he was weeing on his back left leg. Vet confirmed what I thought, that he probably has a bit of rheumatism and can't 'squat' particularly well. This vet appears to be fairly cautious and has given me cat...
  6. HS

Salt makes me laugh!

He's 9 this year, and looks rather bedraggled. He's an old man and when it's cold he huddles up in his bedroom with his snugglesafe looking his age. Then he'll have a mad runaround and look like a baby bunny again! I went to give him his supper tonight, and one minute he was there, the next he...
  7. HS

Maintaining weight in older bunnies

Little Salt pot will be 9 years old this year. He's a nethie and has always been prone to being overweight. However, this last week, I've noticed that he's losing weight. How can I keep weight on him. He's a good eater and loves his hay, so that side of it is fine. He has excel mature pellets...
  8. HS

A Poem for Pepper

They were best of friends Like two book ends Salt and Pepper the black and white buns Always together We hoped, forever Nomming, binkying and just having fun It wasn’t to be Pepper went to sleep eternally His time on this earth was done Our Pepper left today For the bridge, to play We will...
  9. HS

My Pepper

I don't know where to start with this. Jill kindly let me adopt Salt and Pepper back in February 2006. I fell head over heels for them and just couldn't resist. It turned out to be a wonderful decision for all of us! They were the best of friends, brother, always together and always snuggling...
  10. HS

Bereaved bunny

Pepper went to the bridge last night. I will write a tribute and more about that in a bit. Pepper went to sleep in his hutch, with Salt with him. Salt has stayed with him since then, just coming out to eat his breakfast and to nom some hay. So I've left Pepper in there so Salt can get used to...
  11. HS

My bunnies' new houses!

Here is Daisy-Boo and Pippin's new house. It's a Happy Hutch 6 ' one, huge inside! Pippin seems to have mastered the ramp ok, but Daisy-Boo's a bit more cautious and hasn't really made it downstairs yet. And Salt and Pepper have a Hawthorne Lodge from pets at home. They've just made it...
  12. HS

Our garden visitor

Well, I'm awake at stupid o'clock, but the one advantage is I've seen our little garden visitor having his breakfast. This little bun stops by all the time. This is him the other afternoon: And this morning, having breakfast (ie the weeds on our pathway). He'd already nommed some of my...
  13. HS

Dance pics

So what have I been up to recently, to keep me from posting on RU so often. Well, as well as the Olympic Torch celebration performance, we also had our annual dance schools show. I made the twenty tutu skirts for our ballet class, and here they are: I love this one The full effect - this is...
  14. HS

My bunnies today

Salt had just had a botty check, and really wasn't in the mood to pose Pepper wearing his noms and tucking in like a trooper The very handsome Pippin Daisy-Boo's best begging face and a rare bunny flop from her
  15. HS

Olympic torch relay

I've not been around much recently, and this is why :D:D:D:D Rehearsing for the Olympic torch relay celebrations in Lincoln. It was the most amazing experience - 60 dancers, 20 musicians and 10 gymnasts. We started the evening celebration off in Lincoln with a samba procession and then followed...
  16. HS

Salt appears to be weeing on his leg

I've noticed over the past couple of weeks that Salt's feet have been very dirty. I put this down to him moulting and the exceptionally wet weather, so I gave them a brush and a bit of a clean. This morning, I gave him a good checking over and his left leg was sodden with wee, I've cleaned him...
  17. HS

Daisy-Boo and Pippin

They had a big run out onto the grass today and thoroughly enjoyed it. This is them later on in their enclosure. Don't let them fool you into thinking they're being romantic - Daisy-Boo's just checking Pippin hasn't got any food.
  18. HS

Salt and Pepper (Honeybunnies)

Salt and Pepper are Honeybunny bunnies and came to us in 2006. They're actually going to be 8 years old next month, but I still call them the baby bunnies. They're brothers and are never far from each other. Here they are today:
  19. HS

Wet bunny

Daisy-boo has obviously been sat out in the rain, and is rather wet. Silly girl! I've dried her off as best as I can (as much as she will let me), and I hope that she has the sense to go into the sheltered part and get snuggled into the hay with Pippin tonight. Salt and Pepper are obviously...
  20. HS

It's amazing what you can do with a dress you no longer like

I have a dress that doesn't really suit me, but I love the fabric. So, I decided to make it into bags:D This was the top of the dress. I added a velvet bottom (from an old pair of curtains) and a couple of big beads. with lining and pockets in the middle. And then I made this one, with the...
Back