• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Leannean27

Can rabbits develop lumps from a bite?

The never ending problem bunny Luna got nipped by Ralph just over a week ago now and it scabbed over. The scabs have since come off but have been replaced by raised lumps which almost look like hard warts. I can't see any pus behind them. Anyone else had this, will it go back to normal? Sent...
  2. Leannean27

Could I have some post spay vibes please

I had Luna spayed today, it went well and she came home at 6pm but has not eaten anything yet except 1 pellet she had when she first got back :( She has been drinking water with added ProC probiotic. The vet said she was eating there but to give it 4 hours before taking her back in. I've tried...
  3. Leannean27

Prize giveaway - I want to see cute bunnies

Please can you post the cutest picture/ pose of your bunny. Winner will be chosen by an impartial adjudicator and will receive a little goody box - get snapping! Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  4. Leannean27

How would you approach nursery staff about their rabbit?

We were viewing nurseries yesterday and the one Holly will be attending have a pet rabbit which they keenly pointed out. The rabbit was in a standard indoor 'hutch' but had no hay at all just woodshavings. I want to obviously say something but unsure how to go about it. Do I just take in some...
  5. Leannean27

Pro C pro biotic to aid moulting and hair in poo?

I'm not overly concerned but Ralph has had hair in his droppings this last week - he is having a moult which I believe he's nearly finished now. There's never been a long string of them just the odd one on its own or joined to one more. I brush him twice a day at the moment and he has plenty of...
  6. Leannean27

Warning to vaccinate your bunnies

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/06/17/pet-rabbits-risk-killer-myxomatosis-vets-warn-hot-humid-weather/amp/ On a side not I didn't realise the 1950's outbreak killed 99% of the UK wild rabbit population.... Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  7. Leannean27

How many toys should a bunny have?

I spent a fortune the other day on hay and toys. I have given a couple to the buns but didn't want them destroying everything straight away so put the rest aside. Should I however just give them loads and reorder next time what they destroy quickly or just stick to a couple, take them out and...
  8. Leannean27

Funny way of sleeping!

I caught Ralph sleeping half in and half out of his litter tray - does anyone else have any pics of their pets in rather strange positions!? Lol (And a photo of Luna as she's feeling missed out not being laughed at :p) Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  9. Leannean27

Some advice needed re excess cecals (I think)?

I'm really struggling with Luna. She's had soft poo a couple of times a day since I had her, it always tends to be after she's eaten pellets or a quantity of forage and now even possibly hay. I'm literally tearing my hair out and don't really know what to do, I can't get her into the vets until...
  10. Leannean27

Ralph recovering well :)

Thought I'd share a pic of this little bachelor before he's bonded (hopefully) after all his get well vibes post neuter he's doing great Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  11. Leannean27

Metacam leaked and I think he's in pain. What can i do?

Ralph was neutered today and I collected him a few hours later. I was given a little pot of metacam to give to him tomorrow but it's leaked everywhere so I may have only one dose for the morning until I go and get some more Is metacam for pain or just an anti inflammatory? He was hunched over...
  12. Leannean27

How do you clean your rabbits feet?

Luna had a poop on her back foot which had dried quite close to her skin. After umming and ahhing hubby held her burrito style and I took scissors to it with my heart going 10 to the dozen. Luckily she was totally chilled out whilst I cut it off but is there a better way of doing it and a way to...
  13. Leannean27

What rabbit doesn't like nose rubs?

I thought all buns liked nose rubs but I'm still struggling a month on to give them to Ralph and he put his teeth on me when I tried earlier, should I give up - do some buns just not want/ like it? I've mentioned on here before when u try stroking his head he's always looking at your hand, now...
  14. Leannean27

Cat deterrant

Because of the warmer nights I've been leaving Luna's access to her run open however I happened to look out the window at her the other night and there was a massive white cat running around her run. I ran out and chased him away and she was hiding but was froze to the spot and her heart was...
  15. Leannean27

Run seems rather large...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8niqFXQrbc6LmFYv2 So me and sister have put run together (8ft x 6ft x 3ft) and it looks rather large. Hubby will be home soon and he's going to go mental. The hutch next to it is 5ft long by 3ft deep, can I put this in the run (removing one of the lids will enable...
  16. Leannean27

I think he's ready to be neutered

So a moment ago I caught Ralph humping the empty bottle of lemonade ready to go out into the recycling bin :oops: He has also been madly following me all day humming, sounds a bit like a bumblebee :? He's due for rhd2 jab on Sat where I'll be booking in for his neuter anyway but just thought...
  17. Leannean27

Snugglesafe warren?

Has anyone bought a snuggle safe Warren, are they any good? I'm currently looking at it on petplanet website, it's a cube and comes with two pipes with another hole to attach another pipe if you wanted. My run came yesterday so once painted and screwed together it can be used :D
  18. Leannean27

Teeny tiny poop

I'm sorry for my never ending questions :oops: Luna had excess cecal droppings when I first had her which improved after she got used to eating hay but yesterday I noticed she has started to produce tiny poops, as well as small and regular. She has fresh hay daily (Timothy and alfalfa the...
  19. Leannean27

Dandelion or dehydrated bun?

I recently fed Ralph 1 dandelion stalk/ flower and within a matter of minutes (and a few times since) he’s had really dark urine. I thought it must be the dandelion although not entirely sure why but now I’m worried he’s dehydrated due to the warmer weather although he does have access to a...
  20. Leannean27

Struggling to find ‘cheap’ run covers

I have two runs, 4x4ft and 8x6ft but struggling to find covers for them. Proper covers are just too expensive so have looked at tarpaulin option but will cost me £30 for both and don’t really want to pay that much either. I did think about getting a 12x10ft one and cutting it up but I know I’ll...
Back