• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Jo93

Who to bond with a neutered male?

Hiya, My boyfriend and I are looking to adopt a second rabbit to bond with Twix, who is our neutered 1 year old male. Would it be best to adopt a male or female rabbit? And young (i.e un-neutered) or an older neutered rabbit? Thanks in advance! Jo
  2. Jo93

Not eating hay or drinking, teeth grinding and white discharge in mouth

Hello all, Haven't posted on here for a while, but I could really do with some support and good vibes for Twix as he is not very well at the moment... We noticed for the past couple of days he hasn't been touching his hay (normally he can't get enough) and also hasn't been drinking. As well...
  3. Jo93

What to look out for when boarding?

Wasn't sure where best to post this but here goes! I'm having to look into putting Twix into a boarding/hotel whilst we go on holiday in August as none of our friends or family are available to look after him. Obviously I'm very skeptical about letting Twix stay with someone I don't know and...
  4. Jo93

Pre and post neuter care?

I'm sure this question has been asked LOTS of times!! So for that I'm sorry... So Twix is booked in to be neutered tomorrow morning and I'm due to then collect him in the afternoon. What tips do you have for things I should do pre and post neuter? And what would be considered "normal" for his...
  5. Jo93

Will neutering stop his destructive behaviour?

Twix is due to be neutered tomorrow which although I'm anxious about, I'm also quite hopeful that it will help with his destructive behaviour. Recently he has been an absolute nightmare. He is an indoor bunny and doesn't have a cage at all, he is completely free roam, so I don't believe there's...
  6. Jo93

Sneezing and wheezing

I've noticed tonight for the first time, Twix has started making wheezing/sniffing sounds when he breathes...its hard to explain but sort of like the sound of what a sniffer dog would make?! He's also been sneezing a few more times than normal. Is this anything to be worried about? There...
  7. Jo93

Ideas for hay feeder please!

I wasn't sure whether to post would be best suited in diet or housing... but here goes! I'm looking for suggestions for a hay feeder for Twix. Since he's gone completely free range (no cage), I've been trialing lots of different hay feeders to find what is going to work best. My main concern is...
  8. Jo93

He's eaten a WHOLE peace lilly plant... help

I've just gotten back from dinner with the inlaws to find that Twix has gotten up on to a cabinet (no idea how) and has chomped his way through a WHOLE peace lilly plant. I'm talking quite a lot of steams.. the whole thing. I'm now panicking because everything I've read on the internet so far...
  9. Jo93

How do I "play" with my bun?

I worry sometimes that because Twix is by himself, I need to make sure he has lots of stimulation and that he doesn't get bored or lonely. Sometime's when both myself and my partner have worked a long day, when we get home I want to make sure I put aside some specific bonding time with Twix and...
  10. Jo93

Tips for successful nail clipping please!!

I've had Twix for just over 2 weeks now and I'm conscious that I need to trim his nails. They have started to feel very scratchy now as well so definitely need doing.. We're lucky in the sense that there's two of us so should in theory make things easier right?! We're just really struggling to...
  11. Jo93

Small red lump on mouth - please help :(

I've only just noticed today that Twix has a small red lump on his mouth... :( I have no idea what it is and am panicking! He's still eating and drinking fine, poops are normal and seems to be his normal self! Any suggestions as to what it is?? Thank you...
  12. Jo93

FREE large bale of wood shavings...any takers?!

Wasn't quite sure where to post this... But I have a large bale of wood shavings from Pets at Home that I no longer need (Twix has grown out of his cage now so he has become completely free range with just some blankets and hideaways in his room) It's hardly used, nothing wrong with it, just...
  13. Jo93

Bunny started biting - why?!

Hello! Me again - new to the world of bunnies, and already feel like I'm bombarding the forum with loads of questions!! :wave: Twix came home with us on Saturday and seemed to be so comfortable and gained confidence so quickly (he's a 9 week old male) By Sunday afternoon he was already jumping...
  14. Jo93

Not interested in his hay :(

I brought Twix home for the first time on Saturday and so he has only been with us for just over 2 days, but I'm already worried he isn't eating enough hay :( Everything I read talks about how his diet should be 80% hay but he seems so disinterested in it! Having done my research before...
  15. Jo93

Recommendations for insurance please!

Hello! I'm new to the forum, and due to pick up my little guy tomorrow morning! :love: I'm looking to get insurance arranged today but wanted to get some advice about the best places to go, and what sort of price I can be looking at. For some reason I thought that it would be a lot more common...
Back