• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. S

I have two free-range rabbits - how will I know if one stops eating?

Just twigged this is a UK site - my buns' hay of choice is Woodlands Small Animal Timothy Feeding Hay 300g from Pets at Home.
  2. S

Hi all - a wee update! I'm now giving my little buns half as much pellet food as before, and they are going wild for their hay! I'm going to have to get an additional hay holder to put in their dining room when I'm away overnight - previously there'd be no danger of the hay running out, but now...
  3. S

Oh, Mervinius's wee chinchilla Nethy is too adorable!
  4. S

Haha MightyMax, I just posted that before reading your reply! Here's one more for good measure :-)
  5. S

Harold and Betty thank you for the advice! (This is them looking typically confused/alarmed to be outside, on a rare sunny-ish day)
  6. S

Thanks MightyMax, I think I will cut back. It is special food for juniors/dwarfs but I'm not sure if the composition is different to the normal pellets or if they are just more bite-sized. Vitamin D is certainly in short supply for most of us here in not-so-sunny Scotland. I think the official...
  7. S

Oh yikes, the bunny Heimlich maneuver sounds very scary! Feeding them in the evening would make sense but unfortunately I often work into the late evening and I'd feel guilty thinking of them waiting for their dinner. I think I will cut back the pellets a bit just now, while they are both in...
  8. S

Hi MightyMax, thanks for your reply! They get two egg cups each per day, but generally prefer hay and greens. I could probably given them less, but they are a healthy weight (the little one is very little) and just not that greedy. If I started giving them less it might be even harder to detect...
  9. S

This might seem an odd question, but it recently occurred to me. I have previously had solo bunnies but now have a pair of Netherland Dwarfs. They are generally not greedy when it comes to pellet food, but I'm slightly concerned that if one was to stop eating the other might just finish what's...
Back