• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. randomname

Bonding a quad

Been a while since I last posted about our new guy Jim. He sailed through his neuter & vaccs, has been outside for a few months & is loving all the extra room. He's side by side with our trio, who have accepted him without any issues :) Our trio is 11yr old Zak & 2 sisters aged around 5, Janis...
  2. randomname

Dog run/kennel - is this suitable?

https://dogkennelandrun.co.uk/product/wilton-double-dog-kennel-and-run/ Have been looking at the 20ft version of this. Does any one have any thoughts? My yard is concrete, but would I still need a base for under the shed area to stop it rotting? Is the mesh suitable for rabbits/to keep rats...
  3. randomname

Neutering & after care

Jim is booked in this morning. Can anyone refresh me as to what to expect when he's home? Been years since I had a rabbit done, can't remember how quickly they recover. What will the surgery site look like & how do I care for it? I know to watch for infection & get him eating, how else can I...
  4. randomname

Bonding decisions for Jim

Can anyone give me some pointers/thoughts for my new lad Jim & possibly getting him a friend. He's around a year old, has been a lone house bunny with a family including small kids & a cat (who he adored) before he came here a month ago. He's never even seen another rabbit :( He is very...
  5. randomname

Try to get a rabbit neutered, end up with a million degus!

As some of you may recall we had a rabbit, Jim, dumped on us just before Christmas. I have spent the day trying to arrange neutering. My vet quoted me £70, which is ok, a lot of the other vets wanted £80-£150. As the DWP has been messing me about non stop for the past 3 years I have less money...
  6. randomname

Best place to source a well made hutch

With Welfare Hutches being no more, can any one direct me to another maker of decent size & good quality hutches please? I don't want to end up with a flimsy one that falls apart quickly. However I am on a tight budget, so cost is important too. Delivery is a must as I don't drive. Thanks in...
  7. randomname

hi everyone

Thought I'd join up, been a lurker for many years. We currently have 4 rabbits, a bonded trio of a 10yr old boy & 2 sisters who are around 4 or 5. They live in the yard in a 6ft double hutch in a 12 foot shed, connected permanently to 2 6ft runs & another 6ft hutch. to We've recently taken in...
Back