• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. S

Baby bun with wet weeping eye....help!

Hello all you helpful bunny friends. My 9 week old kit seems to have developed a watery eye. The eye itself seems to be weeping , but there is no redness or sign of any injury. He has had a general health check, during which the vet examined his teeth, so I'm not sure what could be the...
  2. S

Bunny feeding quantities

Thank you so much! I notice that alfafa is recommended....is this just hay, or a different animal altogether? Cant seem to find it at PetsCorner....:lol: Also, is it ok to start introducing fresh food in small quantities (carrots, greens, parsnips)? I am so grateful to you all for your valuable...
  3. S

Bunny feeding quantities

Hello to all. I have now acquired my two 8 week old brother-sister bunsI am feeding them junior pellets and, of course, hay. I understand that their diet should ideally consist of 80% hay and 20% pellets. I don't think they have read the rule book! They are getting through a lot of pellets, and...
  4. S

Cozy Pet Play pen Assembly

Can anybody please help me work out how to assemble the Cozy Pet indoor play pen? I have got in a complete tangle, and no instructions came with it!! I'm sure it's just me being stupid, but it was supposed to be 'easy to assemble and fold flat for storage'.....! Aaaaaaaaagh!!:roll::(
  5. S

newbie....bedding/food advice

Just an add on to my previous question.....I may be missing the obvious, but Is 'feeding Hay' the same as 'bedding hay'? Also, if you put hay in or near the litter tray for the bunnies to feed on, will they still sleep in a separate area to their 'toilet'? Thank you all!
  6. S

Thank you so very very much! Is Fitch a similar thing to the 'carefresh' (I think) bedding I have seen in PAH? You are so very helpful, much appreciated experienced advice :)
  7. S

Thank you so very much! The rabbits will be in a large hutch contained in a shed outside. I wonder whether anyone has any advice on litter training the babies? I have purchased one of those corner trays, with fixings to attach it to the hutch. I will probably use non clumping wood pellet litter...
  8. S

Hello, Please could anyone offer some advice on the best type of, and most economical way to source hay and bedding for my soon to be acquired baby mini lops. I will only have two babies, so not sure if Pets at Home is just as economical as going elsewhere? Also, Is there a particular brand of...
  9. S

Neutering advice

Wow! What thorough, helpful advice. Much appreciated! The bunnies will be 8 weeks old when I collect them, so I will book the buck in for his 12 week neutering op. Could anyone kindly recommend what food is preferable and available (it been 20 plus years since I owned my 20 bunnies, so things...
  10. S

Indoor play pen

Thank you so very much. Most helpful. I have a very large hutch (double storey) and a very large outdoor run, so the indoor playpen was just for when the bunnies both come indoors for cuddles. Not after anything really big, therefore, just something that's easy to set up and fold away.....
  11. S

Neutering advice

Hello, I am soon to acquire a bonded brother-sister pair of mini lops. I'm wondering if anyone out there could please offer any advice on neutering (when, how, recovery time, need to separate during recovery?....). Most grateful to all for your generosity.:wave::)
  12. S

Indoor play pen

Hello, I am looking for advice from experienced users on the best small playpen to choose for my new mini lop babies. Does anyone have any recommendations/advice, please? Also, what advice would you give regarding purchase of a rabbit carrying box (for vet visits etc)? Many, many thanks to all...
Back