• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Natalie

Can rabbits eat BLACK kale.

I know curly kale is okay in moderation, don’t know about black kale. Thanks - Natalie :)
  2. Natalie

Caramel and Mr Muffles - Neutral Territory Bonding - Videos

For anyone following the saga of the slow bonding effort we are undergoing between Caramel and Mr Muffles, here are the videos we took when we attempted a neutral territory meet and greet. We took lots of short bursts of video over the period of time they were together, although when they were...
  3. Natalie

Are all these okay? Just checking before I place an order :)

I'm been dilly dallying on The Hay Experts website trying to decide which things to try. The FibaFirst pack they've got is quite big, ideally I'd like to find a smaller packet option to find out if Mr Muffles is interested in them, before I buy such a big packet. Anyone got any ideas on...
  4. Natalie

Insurance for Rabbits over 5

I just phoned Petplan who we've been with for almost 18 years with our doggies but they don't insure rabbits over 5 :( I'm pretty sure I saw a thread on here where someone had found an insurers who would cover the over 5 year olds, but I can't find it. Does anyone know either where that...
  5. Natalie

HELP - Preparing the room for Caramel's potential HUSBUN!

Plans still to be finalised re collection date, but it's most likely that we're going THIS Sunday, to pick up this sweetie, Muffy, from RSPCA!!!! https://www.rspca.org.uk/findapet/details/-/Animal/MUFFY/ref/BSA2072734/teaser Very excited here. As per advised by our own vet for Caramel -...
  6. Natalie

Slow Bonding Method - Advice Please

We adopted Caramel about six months ago. She's elderly, don't know the exact age, but about 9 years, and we have discovered that she has a heart problem, for which she is on the diuretic Frusol, 3 x daily and has to be kept as calm and stress free as possible. We hadn't intended to adopt a...
  7. Natalie

Best Treats?

I'd like to buy some more readigrass for Caramel and thought it might be nice to get some other munchies to put with it so she can have a really good - AND HEALTHY - rummage and munch! :lol: I put her pellets on a bed of readigrass and she munches quite well on that, so I'd quite like to put...
  8. Natalie

Aghhhhh!!! I've e-mailed Fat Fluffs Rescue about possibly adopting Drax! :)

Needless to say it was a looooooooooooong e-mail as I wanted to explain the situation we are in with Caramel being elderly and with a heart condition. I also outlined the indoor accommodation and outdoor run we have for Caramel. Sooooooooooooooooooo ... I'm just going to wait and see what they...
  9. Natalie

Does anyone know anything about Fat Fluffs Rescue in the West Midlands

Although I'm not really looking, as nothing has been decided about a little companion for my sweet elderly girl, Caramel, I have come across this senior soul looking for love :love: http://www.fatfluffs.com/rabbit/1586/
  10. Natalie

My Funny Bunny, Caramel - Cute Video

I managed to find a little rabbit basket/bed made of water hyacinth which I knew that Caramel would love because whenever I've purchased those 'Fun Trio of Balls' by Naturals, the water hyacinth one is the only one she's really interested in, she can chew those to total annihilation in next to...
  11. Natalie

Caramel Update and Advice Needed

Well I'm pleased to say that our elderly little rescue bun, Caramel, is doing relatively well, all things considered. I can't believe we've had her for nearly five months now! She has adapted to indoor life remarkably well, and really does seem to enjoy the space. She's in a 6 meters x 4...
  12. Natalie

Protecting Wires

What do you use to protect wires from your bunnies? I just want to put some wire protect around a length of wire about 2 - 3ft long. Thanks - Natalie :)
  13. Natalie

Lino or Carpet

Is one any better than the other? I did read somewhere that carpet isn't good for bunnies' feet, but when I watch Caramel moving about, she seems to move a lot better on the carpet because the lino is a bit slippery underfoot. And now that she has a serious heart condition I do think that ease...
  14. Natalie

We’re losing Caramel :(

She ate and behaved absolutely as normal yesterday morning, but yesterday late afternoon she was really picky with her food and her behaviour was different. I wasn’t happy so I took her to the vet. She was checked over, tummy good, pooping good, heart okay, so the vet put it down to maybe a...
  15. Natalie

Indoor Bunnies - Time out in the Garden

I've just got our rescue bunny used to living indoors - she has the full use of a big converted loft room - and I'm wondering what people do about garden time for their indoor bunnies. We have a hutch in a large run outside, which is where she was housed before we brought her in. Should I put...
  16. Natalie

Occasionally off balance

I’m thinking of taking Caramel to the vets again as I have noticed that every now and then she seems to go very slightly off balance. It’s nothing dramatic and she seems fine otherwise, she’s eating, pooping behaving as normal except for these brief moments when she just seems to wobble very...
  17. Natalie

I'm seeking some expert bonding advice

We've got our 8 or 10 year old (can't get the age confirmed), rescued rabbit, Caramel, settled indoors now. She's in our large loft conversion room. If I could, I'd have her downstairs with us but we have rescue dogs so, unfortunately, that's just not possible. However, I do spend a lot of time...
  18. Natalie

ReadiGrass

How long can ReadiGrass be kept once it’s opened? I’m presuming, as a dried product, it will last for months but just wanted to check - thanks. I’m just getting our rescue bun, Caramel, used to being indoors, rather than outside, and I like the idea of her having access to grass - albeit dried...
  19. Natalie

All Change - We're going to bring Caramel in for winter

After lots of discussions, and because of Caramel's age - for anyone who hasn't seen my multitude of threads about Caramel, we only adopted her about one month ago, we offered to take her on from a family who really weren't interested in her anymore, and we are completely new to all things bunny...
  20. Natalie

Plantain Identification - Just checking

I've been carefully scrutinising everything that's growing in our grass in the garden. Found these and think they are plantain, not sure though, could anyone please confirm? They're not great specimens but knowing how much Caramel prefers forage to bought greens or even bought herbs (she's...
Back