• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. glitterdust

So im bonding

I'm in My small bedroom, window wide open, attempting to bond dolly and foster bun rabbo. I'm doing 24/7 with the hope it won't last too long. So far at first, I had dolly Warning him away, alot of thumping from both. Grooming , flopping, as soon as he goes near her she goes for him. Shes...
  2. glitterdust

Referred aggression

Its me again. [emoji5] You would think my bunnies knew we were getting a New arrival. With the idea of bonding the trio Dolly (lone bun) Gary and ani(pair) I have had them housed next to each other in the garden for 3 months with no issues whatsoever, , they have been interacting and getting on...
  3. glitterdust

Nearly bonding time.

I need advice again, my heads confused. So my young ones bonded back naturally after neutering, so they in are a couple, I have dolly 8 months on her own and i was waiting for hormones to settle down and I then I was going to attempt to bond them as trio. Anyway it turns out ani is partially...
  4. glitterdust

Runaround

I ordered a runaround run and tube as my single bun dolly was free roam in half of the garden and I was having to supervise most of the time and also at night I was locking her in a hutch inside the shed and i hated it. So I contacted runaround (the best customer service I have ever known) and...
  5. glitterdust

Ani in hospital

I'm so worried, after losing my two angels within 3 weeks of each other in October, I'm so worried I'm going to lose ani. Ani and Gary were both neutered today, they came home today at 1 30pm, Gary was fine, ani not so good but pooping, anyway as the day has went on Gary just got better...
  6. glitterdust

Sending away to bond

What are your thoughts on sending bunnies away for bonding? I really dont know whether to send my bunnies away to bond or do it myself. I've heard that after they have been away to be bonded, when they come back , you still have to do bonding anyway, so wouldn't it just make sense to do it...
  7. glitterdust

Advice please

Me again, I'm becoming a regular pain in the backside. I prefer this forum to facebook as it is more personal and sometimes facebook is so judgemental. Anyway, I have decided to just bond my babies back together after neutering because of anis problems instead of sending them away to bond a...
  8. glitterdust

What's up with ani

I have 3 buns , all not bonded yet. I am concerned about my youngest girl ani. She isn't like the "usual" bun whatever that is, I'm not sure what is wrong with her. Something isn't right. She possibly can't see properly or hear properly or a bit of both. I maybe completely wrong . She's nervous...
  9. glitterdust

I feel guilty

Please someone put my mind at rest and tell me I am doing nothing wrong. For people who don't know my situation, i currently have 3 separated rabbits, 2 bonded lops waiting to be neutered and one widow. I am sending them all away at the end of Jan for a whole month (devastated) for trio...
  10. glitterdust

Bonding service.

Has anybody used a bonding service and sent bunnies away to be bonded. What was the experience and is it straight forward and where did you take them, how long there they gone? I can imagine they are in a neutral area so it will be easier, but what happens when you bring them back home. Ive...
  11. glitterdust

Trio

Dolly got widowed after 3 weeks so I arranged to get her a 9 week old male friend hoping they could have a lovely long life together once bonded. When I went to pick him up he was sitting snuggled with his sister and the lady was going to separate them, I did the most stupidest but kindest...
  12. glitterdust

Dental

Jimmy's had yet another dental and this time he is extremely sore while trying to eat , he's biting off peices of whatever I give him and spitting them out. I have Critical care and he holds it in his mouth and spits it out, I've tried soaking pellets and he does the same , I've tried baby food...
  13. glitterdust

Opposites

Am i right in assuming younger rabbits are more energetic, Binky more and look happier that older rabbits. Ive never had a young bunny before and my little Bambi makes Jimmy look like an old miserable, tired, unwell grump. I'm concerned he's not feeling too good but he's just Just had a dental...
  14. glitterdust

Separation

I have bonded Jimmy with a lovely baby girl who we have named dolly. Instant love ,instant attraction and so much respect for each other. This happened Friday ,immediatly after my beloved Norah had to leave us. Jimmy had to go for a dental on Monday , so little dolly went with him and the vets...
  15. glitterdust

Bonding

My Norah went back to the angels on Friday, my heart has broken. She had to be PTS at the vets , I didn't expect it and I had to bring her back home so her husband could say goodbye to her, . It was the most traumatic thing I have ever had to do. As I left them to say goodbye a white feather...
  16. glitterdust

What breed is she?

My angel Norah went over the bridge this morning and as much as I am broken i need to find Jimmy a new friend asap,please don't judge me, I hate replacing Norah so quickly but this isnt about me. I seen an advert for a rabbit and the owner said they didnt have time for her and they needed her...
  17. glitterdust

Medication

Hi a while ago I posted about Norah my bunny who has ongoing ear infections and cysts, we decided against surgery and we are just doing palliative care. We decided to do antibiotics for a while and then stop and then start again when she goes downhill. Before she was on baytril long term twice...
  18. glitterdust

Separating

Norah is back at the vets tomorrow for another X-ray on her ears and maybe another flush and check, she will be there the full day. I Know bonded partners should not be separated under no circumstances , but Jimmy gets extremely stressed and pants really bad and doesn't eat . He has very...
  19. glitterdust

Ear infection

Hi Norah had a lopsided face and was out of sorts in herself. I took her to the vets and they drained Her tear ducts but I knew something else was going on. I examined Her myself and found a lump behind Norah's ear and took her to my regular vet and they referred Her to the animal hospital...
  20. glitterdust

After dental

Hi, I haven't Been on in a while but Jimmy has ongoing dental problems he had dentals every 4 weeks from January till June. The last dental the vets sent him home and he was no different, for some reason they hadn't done it , they took him back in and did it again. Since then we have went...
Back