• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. glitterdust

So im bonding

Just a new update, they have the shed and both runs, he's still on a hump fest in between doing normal stuff, but I think it's the norm for Dolly and she's isnt bothered. At nights I sit downstairs working with the patio door open and she comes in to say hi and brings him in with her for a...
  2. glitterdust

So im bonding

Awwww I wish I could show videos. Dolly literally jumped a metre high in a Binky. This afternoon Dolly has been in the run and Dennis has been in the shed periscoping and playing, I know it's normal for this to happen ,and a good sign that they are living life as a couple but also spend time...
  3. glitterdust

So im bonding

I got the shed all ready and took the plunge and put them outside, nothing special happened, I was going to do it all slowly but I didn't, it all went well so after a couple of hours, i opened the runs as I felt it was going to be ok, infact it probably was the best decision, as Dolly has...
  4. glitterdust

So im bonding

I'm going to make sure they can't be near each other, I had the intention of bonding a trio, I was changing the housing around everyday and dolly was sitting with them outside of their run at nights and obviously i encouraged this ,as it's part of pre bonding, even though I always wondered how...
  5. glitterdust

So im bonding

I have to say I put off putting them outside today because it's raining and wet and horrible but I'm pleased , because I have witnessed 0 mounting and no honking so far today [emoji50]. I'm thinking tomorrow he is 6 weeks post op, so either hormones are settling ,or he's just bored of trying...
  6. glitterdust

So im bonding

Waiting untill tomorrow unless the rain stops. Any excuse for more snuggles. Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
  7. glitterdust

So im bonding

Yes tomorrow I'm going for it. Awwwwww gonna miss them.so so much [emoji22] Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
  8. glitterdust

So im bonding

5 outside and 12 in room today so 7 degrees difference. Sun comes in for a few hours on bright days..My shed is delayed now anyway until mid March. Happy habitats are struggling with covid and getting supplies, I bought the shed in November but it looks like its going to be a month late. My...
  9. glitterdust

Bonding advice with a humpy male

My rescue boy is the king of the humps. I felt like giving up on day 3 of 24/7 bonding but i carried on, I even took him to the vets to make sure he did in fact have his nuts removed as it was so intense. Dolly was scared at first, nipping him and biting him, but by Day 6 he had calmed down...
  10. glitterdust

So im bonding

I havent got a themometer but it is significantly colder when I go in the room.i have to keep my dressing gown over my clothes in bed at night, I don't think Dennis has his winter coat though , his fur is baby soft and he was dumped outside the shelter on 8th december so maybe was inside until...
  11. glitterdust

So im bonding

Ok, I'm gonna wait. Ive been sitting stroking Dolly and she's moulting, so I will wait till spring and the weather is Warmer. They bounce around my bed and have the floor so they have room, just not much for a good old run, dennis binkies on the spot. I could take them downstairs for a few...
  12. glitterdust

So im bonding

So do you think maybe sooner rather than later then , Dolly still has her winter coat now, no heating in the room, but it's defo alot warmer than outside at the moment even with the window open, .they don't have the space they would have outside. I did go out today and sort the shed out , it...
  13. glitterdust

So im bonding

I need a decent brush to get all the hay up off the floor though. Any recommendations? Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
  14. glitterdust

So im bonding

I'm keeping them in my room untill the new shed comes end of Feb. The weather is too unpredictable.. They are happy and still getting to know each other, so I am presuming the extra time in the bedroom will seal the bond further and less chance of drama if they go into a brand new shed...
  15. glitterdust

So im bonding

I will keep them in for longer. Dolly has her winter coat, Dennis has a fluffy coat it's not coarse like dollies, he was outside at the rescue but only for a few weeks, Im thinking he's young, they guessed around 5 months as he's not fully grown yet. He's still trying to hump her but I think...
  16. glitterdust

So im bonding

So it is 11 days today since they met . How time has flown, I still havent put them back out side, I was going to do it today but it is -3 outside, Shall I wait until the weather gets warmer or shall I just go for it today. Will the cold be dangerous when they have been inside for 11 days...
  17. glitterdust

So im bonding

Think I will try and Bond all 4 in the summer [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]. I am joking or course. I Couldn't stand the hump fest. Couldn't of done it without all your support though I would of given up on day 3. Thank you soooooo much...
  18. glitterdust

So im bonding

I would love to but I have 10 animals altogether including these 2 and my mother has Alzheimer's and she also lives here , which is the biggest problem of all, as she can't follow simple important instructions, so it wouldn't be safe for them. When we move I will most defo bring them in and...
  19. glitterdust

So im bonding

I don't. Full house with 4 budgies Who have there own room and free flight, cat and dog and a mother with Alzheimer's. We're moving this year to a bigger house so it might be an option then. Im going to miss them so much, I will even miss being caged In bed at night , even though last night...
  20. glitterdust

So im bonding

Sorry for the pics but this just means the world to me. I don't want them to go back outside. I want them to stay with Me [emoji22] if this room was bigger I would just keep them here forever, but it's no where near the size they need. I will wait till Monday. Oh this boy is besotted with his...
Back