• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. naohren

Avast WebShield picking up trojan on the forum

So I've noticed something here. It appears there's a trojan virus on the forum. Anyone else get this? Please be careful when you visit, make sure your antivirus is up to date and has picked this up.
  2. naohren

Matting with hay - how should I banish it?

Hi all! Humphrey and Clara quite like to play in their hay, so they often get it stuck everywhere. I try my best to pull it all out, but with all the bad weather we've been having, they've developed some mats in their manes and on their feet - with the hay, too. The mane mats will probably be...
  3. naohren

Indoor Run Assistance

Hello all! I may be moving the rabbits inside soon, permanently. I have a large room I can rabbit-proof for them and I am also planning on getting a run (or bigger if we can fit it) so they can be safe and secure when I'm not in the house and at night... but I am unsure on how to fix the...
  4. naohren

Christmas treats - ingredients are important!

Hi everyone, Just thought I'd remind you all to check the ingredients of Christmas-themed treats before you give them to your rabbits! The Christmas tree block in the forage box my sister bought for Humphrey and Clara yesterday has some not-so-great things in it, like peas and desiccated...
  5. naohren

Some minor teething problems [litter training, toys]

Hi all! I decided to lump these two questions together this time, to save clutter. Question 1: Humphrey and Clara are litter trained. Or rather, they were... You see, a few months ago, they mysteriously lost their litter training and urinated outside the tray. That's fine, I can handle that...
  6. naohren

Water bottle frustration

Hi all! I've noticed Humphrey has a habit of tugging at the water bottle spout occasionally when he's drinking from it. He doesn't have any difficulty getting water from it, but perhaps he dislikes how long it takes to get the right amount? It's a funny little habit, really, and it's not...
  7. naohren

How much veggies?

I've looked around on the bunny-net and I can't find a clear answer for this one. How much greens should I feed my bunnies? They're getting a good 50g that I'll gradually increase and start adding new types of food, but I want to take it slow as they're still young. On one site, it seemed to...
  8. naohren

Clicker/"go to place" training

Have any of you clicker trained or trained your rabbits to go to a particular place/sit on a cushion, mat, etc.? Just out of pure curiosity. Why did you train them to do it, and how did they respond?
  9. naohren

Rabbit-savvy vet masterlist?

In case things go wrong, and so I don't have to reveal too much about my location - do we have a masterlist of recommended rabbit vets here?
  10. naohren

Okay, what the heck?

I just pulled this out of the fur on Clara's tail. I... I have no words. I don't understand how fur can work itself into a line like this? It didn't seem to be bothering her but it was quite a shock when I combed it out and the loose fur just kept coming like some magic trick. Has this ever...
  11. naohren

Hair loss in doe

Hi all! I noticed this morning that Clara has lost some hair on either side of her, just by her hips/back legs, in the same place on each side. I thought this was rather odd and picked her up to check her out. There's no baldness underneath, just a patch of short dark hair, so I'm thinking it...
  12. naohren

General housing questions

Sorry I've been asking a lot of questions lately, but the bunnies are moving into new accommodation and I have a few things I want to clarify. Lino or vinyl? I understand both are similar but I'd like to know the difference in a bunny-hutch situation. Do you generally curve the flooring up...
  13. naohren

Toilet Training

Here's the issue. The rabbits use their litter trays well. However, they also use everywhere else as a litter tray. Sometimes I'll find the hutch floor suddenly caked in hard-droppings and wet patches, and I have to clean it out ASAP - not ideal for me at all. I don't want this problem to...
  14. naohren

Discoloured teeth

Hello all! I apologise for little introduction. My rabbits are about four months old now. After inspecting the girl's teeth recently - Clara, that is - I noticed her teeth were abnormally discoloured. They were rather brown, in fact, whereas Humphrey's teeth are a pale yellow (probably too...
Back