• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. P

Top tips to keeping rabbits warm in winter!

For those of us who can't bring our rabbits inside in the winter I thought I'd write a top tips list that we can all refer back to each year! Feel free to comment your own tips below and I'll add them on! 1. Fill a hide, this could be a cardboard box or the bedding area of the hutch, with...
  2. P

Runaround door or catflap?

I want to add my bunny's run to the side of his shed, considering price and security which would you recommend: a runaround door (standard or double glazed) or a catflap? I have no doubts that he would be able to use a cat flap
  3. P

Best place to get a rabbit from?

Where (apart from rescues) is the best place to get a rabbit from? I don't want a baby and I want one that is already spayed/neutered A lot of rescues won't let me have a rabbit because I have a terrier and a spaniel, even though both are fine with all animals, I can walk them through a flock...
  4. P

Uterine cancer in does

If a doe has been bred from does it lower her risk for uterine cancer? I've not got a doe, just curious as it does in ferrets
  5. P

Fox

Has anyone got any ways of getting rid of a fox? We are bringing rabbits in at night but can't bring 30 chickens and ducks in! He's previously killed 5 ducks, about 10 chickens, and 4 rabbits over about 2 years We can't shoot it or trap it
  6. P

Pets at home pellets new recipe!!

Pets at home have changed the recipe for their rabbit nuggets! These are the only ones that A) Brandi will eat and B) don't upset his tummy! I've managed to get hold of 2 bags of the old recipe but has anyone got any ideas on what brand to try for new nuggets? He can't have burgess as they...
  7. P

Moving into new shed

I have a bunny who can get quite stressed by change very easily, I've built him a new shed, and got a hutch to put in for him to hide in, I'm trying to put his toys in there and give him playtime in there everyday before he moves in to get him used to it, Is there anything else I can do? And...
  8. P

I don't know what to do...

I've got the offer of taking on a possibly spayed female to bond with my neutered male, but I'm not sure what to do, I have had really bad luck and lost 2 rabbits in the last year but I feel mean keeping my male alone The lady reforming her took her in as a rescue, the owners claimed she was a...
  9. P

Lining shed floor

I'm converting my old Wendy house for Brandi to live in but I need to line the floor with something under the bedding, any suggestions on what I can use? Any any rabbit safe paints that I can use to paint it?
  10. P

Strange GI Stasis

Brandi was taken to the vets with stasis yesterday given meds and fibreplex, this morning he won't ea hay or pellets again, but is loving bramble leaves! We've been given fibreplex but it tastes of carrot, Brandi hates carrot, so keeps spitting it out! Any tips? I'm taking him back to the...
  11. P

Cheaper runaround?

Does anyone know if anywhere sells tunnel connectors and sliding doors like runaround, but cheaper? I need to connect 2 runs and be able to seal them off and it would cost £87.99 from runaround, which I can't afford as I've got to pay £67 for boarding and £50 for a friend for my bunny
  12. P

Preventing flystrike!

Has anyone got any extra tips for preventing flystrike? I'm cleaning his cage daily, litter trays twice a day, and I'm picking him up twice a day and checking his back end is clean, I'm also using a flystrike protectant spray, though I'm not sure how effective that is. I'm just really paranoid...
  13. P

Viovet order

What would you recommend for bunny toys from viovet? I'm buying 3 packs of the trio of fun balls as he loves them so much!
  14. P

New friend or not?

I lost my first rabbit back in January, to suspected liver disease, he cost £350 in vet bills and I only had him 3 months. I got Brandi and Bailey after he passed as I missed having rabbits, now Bailey has gone to rainbow bridge, and cost over £400 in vets bills I'm hesitant to get another...
  15. P

Do I let him see his buddy?

Bailey was rushed into the vets yesterday and Brandi has been doing really well without him, Bailey passed away under anaesthetic today, should I let Brandi see him if he is doing so well without him?
  16. P

How much?

I'm gradually getting Brandi used to fresh forage, he's always had grass and veg but I've started giving brambles and dandelions. How many bramble leaves can he have a day? He had half a leaf Sunday and Monday night, is it ok to increase it tonight?
  17. P

Lonely bunny

One of my buns is quite sick in the vets, his brother looks lonely, he's not a very affectionate bunny with people but I'm going to sit with him, is there anything else I can do to help him?
  18. P

Where to forage?

I want to start foraging for my buns, I've been in my garden and picked some brambles today but I don't know where is safe to forage around here as it is either: A) near a road B) has a large population of wild rabbits C) is a popular dog walking site D) are sprayed with pesticides I got...
  19. P

Stringy poo? UD now gi stasis

Bailey since his prolapse last Thursday has had stringy poo, do you think this is due to the increase in grass and lack of hay in his diet? It looks like grass that hasn't been grinded up properly
  20. P

Oxbow Critical care vs. Supreme Science Rcovery

Is there a difference between the two liquid feeds? Is one better than the other? I'm running low on the SS so wondering if I can give him CC instead? 🤔
Back