• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. C

The Bunnery

I have the bunny bunker for my two rabbits, The sleeping area is good and the plastic means it is easy to clean, and the downstairs area is not too dark. However, it doesn't have a floor and is meant to be on grass... as you many know rabbits will quickly demolish this and you will be left mud...
  2. C

Is this a good size?

Hi You could use a shop bought cage with a litter tray/hay water bowl and hide to temporarily shut the buns away when necessary; but having your bunnies free roam your room could be really cool.
  3. C

Fox proofing rabbit run

I tried having the run on the grass and moving it and honestly it;s easier said than done; the rabbits will eat all of the grass until they literally demolish the grass near the hutch. I would suggest a permenant run that is meshed through the bottom and possibly using aubiose as a substrate...
  4. C

Accidental babies hutch with ramp, please help!!

Fleece could be used on and around the ramp to cushion a fall should it happen :)
  5. C

Tips for picking up an unwilling rabbit

Hi I know the feeling, my rabbits both despise it too! As long as you don't pick them up too regularly but often enough so they might began to tolerate it more they should be fine. For carriers, I would place some of their bedding (with their scent) some hay, cucumber (for moisture) and...
  6. C

Spinach daily

I personally think there is too much calcium to feed daily; however I used to feed it daily and encountered no problems :) It's up to you and the needs of your rabbit(s) Sorry this isn't much help :)
  7. C

General housing questions

1.I don't know about lino and vinyl, but both are safe 2. Water and vinegar is always going to be safe so I stick to it :) 3. I find that fleece is good because in my experience it doesn't come apart in long threads and fibres that they could swallow. Towels and fleece work well for me, just...
  8. C

Indoor housing for mini lops

Hi There are many C and C distributors including some websites that sell them with the correx :) I agree with the others as C and C cages can often be flimsy for rabbits. Bunny proofing a room would probably be better, maybe with a cage with a hay rack, litter tray and water bowl for when you...
  9. C

Toilet Training

Hi First I would line the hutch floor with either plastic/vinyll or an abosrbant material that can be replaced (puppy pads) :) Next I would use white vinegar to clean the hutch like you're doing. I would use a kitchen towel to mop up the urine and put it into the litter tray as well as putting...
  10. C

Not cleaning himself

Hi :) First off, I would definetely go to the vet, even if it is just for a check up. I would reduce the pellets as it seems like they are getting a little too much... Possibly slowly reduce it to about an egg cup each a day. Too many pellets can lead to obesity which may be why the rabbit...
  11. C

Red urine

Hi :) My rabbits urine is a red colour and I don't know whethere it is normal :? They do get fed red bell peppers regularly. They don't seem to drink a lot- but they do get fed cucumber and romaine lettuce twice a day so I don't think they're dehydrated. Does anyone know if this is normal? Thanks :)
  12. C

Litter Training

How often are you changing the tray? If it not very often than this may be deterring your buns from using them. Also, try and have a couple of hay racks above the tray. I use a plastic bag holder from Ikea and it works well :) Sometimes putting them in a smaller space with the litter trays...
  13. C

Bonding 3 rabbits

Thanks everyone for all this helpful information 😊
  14. C

Bonding 3 rabbits

Thanks, I am just really worried about damaging the original bond, they get on so well :(
  15. C

Bonding 3 rabbits

Yeah it would be really nice for him I just want to put my rabbits at risk, if you get what I mean? :)
  16. C

Bonding 3 rabbits

Hi, I have a neutered male and spayed female rabbit who have been bonded well for about a year. I am considering adding a third, who is around 6-7 years old. He is Netherland Dwarf and has lived alone his whole life. I was wondering if bonding them would be at all possible, and whether it could...
  17. C

Fox trying to dig into run - help!!

My rabbit enclosure has wire mesh underneath it, and that will stop anything digging in or out. Concrete works well. For a temporary measure, you could consider putting wire mesh on the grass around the outside and the inside of the run :) Hope this helps
  18. C

Is having hay in a large lit tray enough?

I would put a hay rack above the litter tray so they have access to poop and pee free hay!
  19. C

Bunny bunker

There is a step, so the buns jump from the upstairs area and then into the downstairs part :) It is quite big inside so you can get in quite easily :D
  20. C

Bunny bunker

A good all round rabbit home but some room for improvement I have this for my two rabbits, The sleeping area is good and the plastic means it is easy to clean, and the downstairs area is not too dark. However, it doesn't have a floor and is meant to be on grass... as you many know rabbits will...
Back