• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. R

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Just wanted to say thanks for all the helpful advice about whether to spay my girl rabbit Clover. She was done 2 weeks ago tomorrow, recovered well and her behaviour has improved massively. She doesn’t dig all around the house now, doesn’t run away when we want her back in her pen and even...
  2. R

Care after spaying

It looks ok. I just couldn’t bear for her to pull at it when she’s pulling her fur out and making nests. She hates going to the vets so much. Fingers crossed it’ll be ok xx
  3. R

Care after spaying

She’s eating more now thanks. She went for her check at the vets and he gave another injection to get her gut going. He said she looked to be healing well. She’s still off pellets but has eaten loads of hay today. We managed to get her pain medicine down her by squirting it on dandelions...
  4. R

Care after spaying

Hi, my rabbit was spayed today. All went well and she’s home now. She’s had a pain killer injection and has medicine to take in the morning. Thing is she’s not eaten since she came home, 3hours ago, do I need to worry or is it to be expected after her op? She’s back at the vets in the...
  5. R

To spay or not to spay

Quick update. Clover is booked in for spaying next Friday...yikes!! The vet was really kind and said that Snickers is welcome to go with her to keep her company. Fingers crossed it all goes well xx
  6. R

To spay or not to spay

Thanks so much for all the advice. I’m sorry to hear about those with rabbits who’ve not been spayed in time. I will definitely get her done x
  7. R

To spay or not to spay

Thanks. Will get them booked in for jabs and the op tomorrow xxx
  8. R

To spay or not to spay

Right, vaccinations and spaying it is. My two live in the utility room and have a kind of playpen in there which they go in if we’re out (it’s a big one). Do you think my girl would be ok post-op if I kept her in the pen and let my boy have the run of the utility? That way they could still...
  9. R

To spay or not to spay

Thanks for all your helpful advice. Looks like a trip to the vets for me and Clover, and Snickers for his vaccinations!🙄
  10. R

To spay or not to spay

I thought i’d Have to keep them apart so that’s great if you didn’t. Did yours go back in together straight away?
  11. R

To spay or not to spay

They are not vaccinated. I thought with them being house rabbits they wouldn’t need to be, is that wrong?
  12. R

To spay or not to spay

Thanks, they’re cute aren’t they...when not digging in everything/eating EVERYTHING/generally destroying the place!!
  13. R

To spay or not to spay

Thanks for replying. I will have to man up and have her done by the sound of it...but look what good friends they are...[/URL][/IMG]
  14. R

To spay or not to spay

Hi, I have a male and a female rabbit who are about 14 months old. I have had them a year now, they live indoors and are best friends. I had the male neutered as soon as he was old enough but left the female. My reasons for this were that I didn’t want to put her through the stress of an...
  15. R

My rabbits have gone bonkers!

Hi, my rabbits are almost a year old and they have suddenly started acting really mad. They have started trying to mount each other (they are male and female, the male has been neutered). They are digging in everything, litter tray, food bowls, skirting boards)! The male in particular is...
  16. R

Do I need a vet?

Thanks. She’s still munching hay. She’s had quite a big squidgy poo. Poor thing x
  17. R

Do I need a vet?

She’s just eaten quite a lot of hay. Her poos are still small though. Should I continue with the recovery stuff as well?
  18. R

Do I need a vet?

Thanks for replying. She’s just had another little hop around and has had some more hay. Not the amount she’d usually eat but a bit. Hope she’s ok.
  19. R

Do I need a vet?

Hi, my rabbit has been off her food. She ate normally until yesterday lunchtime. She has been eating little bits of fruit and veg but she’s usually really greedy and eats everything she’s offered. I rang the vet this morning and she suggested I get some rabbit recovery powder stuff from Pets...
  20. R

Best way to separate my baby rabbits

Thanks for replying. They're nearly 11 weeks. The vet said to do the boy at around 12 and to wait til the girl is 4 or 5 months. Although when I called the other day the nurse said we could think about leaving the girl as it's a bigger op and if she can't get pregnant anyway it may not be...
Back