• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. M

Use of Panacur with small rabbits

Thank you Shimmer for such a knowledgeable response. ;) I've been keeping house bunnies for nearly 22 years but they can still surprise me.... :lol:
  2. M

Thanks guys. I really don't know if parasites is Dylan's problem. 8 weeks after being neutered Dylan's whole personality seemed to change from a very lively bunny to a bit of a lethargic bun and he lost a lot of weight in just one week (160g!). He had a blood test which diagnosed him with mild...
  3. M

Thanks Joey&Boo!:)
  4. M

In order to rule out parasites as a cause of my bunny's mild anaemia, our vet and I agreed to put Dylan of a 28 day course of Panacur Rabbit wormer at 1 graduation per day. Panacur's instructions say that only rabbits over 2.5kg should receive this treatment. Dylan being a 7 month old Mini...
  5. M

Bunny loss of appetite

Thanks Zoobec and Roxyroller88. I have indeed tried my buns on the Pro-Fibre Pellets in their munchies bowl but getting them to eat them is another thing. I have just received a new tub of the stuff from Animed as a matter of fact. I might try that hay though. Both buns have a choice of 4...
  6. M

Bunny loss of appetite

Thank you Lisa!
  7. M

Bunny loss of appetite

Oops. Lauren is back to picky or not eating again today. Definitely one step forward, three backwards. Oh dear - out with the syringe again..... :( Krys
  8. M

Bunny loss of appetite

Just a quick update for Zoobec and Mightymax who kindly offered advice to me and Lauren in her predicament. The vet visit established that there were no problems in her mouth and that her gut sounded OK. This just meant time and patience feeding her until she would eat on her own. The use of...
  9. M

Bunny loss of appetite

Thank you Zoobec and MightyMax. I've made an appointment to get her mouth checked out this morning and I can get them to check her tummy out at the same time. The baby food recommendations are good too, thanks. Got to be more inviting than Critical Care at every feed. I gave Lauren a one...
  10. M

Bunny loss of appetite

Thanks so much Zoobec for your ideas! :) and your vibes!!!! Lauren only had her teeth done at the start of this problem, just a week ago. The vet accidentally clipped a blood vessel in her mouth which would not have made her very happy, but surely she should feel better by now. Maybe she is...
  11. M

Bunny loss of appetite

My 10 month old Nethie Dwarf bunny girl Lauren suddenly lost her appetite a week ago. We took her to the vets where they x-rayed her eliminating impaction, gut stasis (there was a bubble in her abdomen at first but that disappeared on the 2nd x-ray) and her teeth have been filed down so no...
  12. M

Asking for positive vibes for Evan

Just how much do bunnies drink anyway??? I seldom see my bunnies drinking. Aren't bunny poos supposed to be quite dry? It is when the aren't that I get more concerned. As for dissecting Evan's poos ....... ha! not much worse than my counting Calico's poos or checking that the joined together...
  13. M

Thank you for your compliment about my bunnies. They are well thanks. Calico didn't have an appetite at breakfast this morning but by the time I'd got back from my swim she was eating again. They both seem to lose interest in food from time to time. Like you, I'm just so aware of what is...
  14. M

Oh gosh - the local wild rabbits must be popular with your neighbours! ;)
  15. M

Sending more good vibes for Evan across the Atlantic. :wave: It sounds like he doesn't like the taste of the new CC, so I would just keep giving him the one he likes (well tolerates is more like it). The fact that he eats it at all is lucky - Calico would eagerly eat hers but Rowan spits it...
  16. M

Phew! What a relief that Evan is beginning to get back to normal! Bunny poo is lovely - make no mistake. When my Calico was poorly, I would COUNT the number of poos to see if enough food was getting through. Apparently bunnies do around 180 per day! I'm really delighted that Evan is on the...
  17. M

I do understand what you're going through. I had to syringe feed my 6 month old mini lop Calico for a whole week before Christmas until she would eat on her own. So if Evan has no obstruction, I would just persevere with the syringe feeding, little and often. It is still very early days yet...
  18. M

Stasis

Pleased he's doing better Mariposa! Best Christmas present you could have. :)
  19. M

Bunny not eating, but doesn't have Gut Stasis

Hi MightyMax Yes, I am feeding Calico the equivalent of Readigrass (the Pets at Home version now has herbs in it too). Also some fresh grass and the odd dandelion if I can find them. The vet is going to phone us tomorrow morning to see how Calico is doing and we will decide then it we put her...
  20. M

Bunny not eating, but doesn't have Gut Stasis

Thanks for all your responses. Calico ate some veggies in the middle of the night but isn't eating much again this morning - just the odd treat and a nibble of hay. She is fairly bright in herself, but not up to binkying at the moment. I do try to get my buns to eat hay, but it is an uphill...
Back