• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Squishies

Ovarian Remnant Syndrome?

Hi all, this is potentially a long shot at the end of a rocky road with a female bun who is displaying some very unusual signs of aggression to all but her original sibling bunny in the group. ...has anyone ever heard of, or know of where to find any info on ovarian remnant syndrome and symptoms...
  2. Squishies

Pinworms - symptoms and treatment?

ok, so first up, huge apologies if this question gives anyone the shivers! (I'm useless with nematode worms and maggoty things, I get the total creeps) Can I ask those more experienced than me, what the key symptoms, and, importantly, best treatment for pin worms, are, please? I have two...
  3. Squishies

Sneezing bunny - what to monitor? U/D bunny now coughing?

Hi all, My 5 month old girlie has been sneezing here and there, for the past day and a half (more so today) -- there's no discharge from eyes or nose, and she's eating/drinking/pooping/playing fine and appears to be herself (she's munching away at the hay by my feet as I type)... ...I don't...
  4. Squishies

Bunnies and ice...?

Like all of us, I am concerned for my family of furballs in this heat, especially the exceedingly fluffy minilops, and one of my nethies who insists on sitting in the highest, hottest part of the shed... :roll::shock: ...a couple of non-bunny friends have sent me photo suggestions of bunnies...
  5. Squishies

small lumps on 10 week old bunny's outer ear... :'(

Hi again lovely people, and huge apologies to keep posting with desperate pleas for advice right now, but things go from strange to worse here... I have a beautiful ten week old buck, who arrived in seemingly not such great condition (sticky eye, and a touch of walking dandruff -- both cleared...
  6. Squishies

How old does a bunny need to be to use ivermectin?

Does anyone know the youngest age (weeks?) a bunny can undergo treatment for lice with ivermectin, please? (and what sort of dose -- (guessing xeno 450 too high a dose, but know it comes in 200s and 50s too!) perhaps dependent on weight?) Any advice gratefully received -- it's an 8 week old...
  7. Squishies

bunnies with runny tummy post-boarding ...should I worry?

Hi all, I wasn't sure whether to post this in diet, or health, so here goes... My 4 (two mini lops, two nethies) all came back for 3 weeks boarding last week. And all 4 seem to have upset stomachs -- if I give them even so much as tiny corner (50 pence piece, size) bit of greens, there are...
  8. Squishies

Post-bonding advice (and will my buns still love me too?!)

Hi all, My bunnies have all gone away to be bonded while I take a break and have a new shed-aviary set-up built... They are going to be away for some time, and it got me thinking about two things... First up, what will be the best way to bring them back and settle them in their new area...
  9. Squishies

Bunny with sticky eye - worried about cannula of tear duct and anaesthetic

Hi all, One of my mini-lops has a slightly sticky eye, that hasn't cleared up with antibiotic drops. He seems fine in himself, and it's barely noticeable, but I'd like to play it safe, and so the vet has suggested flushing the tear duct/cannularising it. ...while he's under sedation, they will...
  10. Squishies

"Pet Remedy" any experiences with it? (good/bad/otherwise?)

Another random New Year thread from me and the buns... ;-) My vet sent me away with some pet remedy on Wednesday, following my chat with him about my spraying doe and my agitated (by the minxy doe!) little buck... I'd be really interested to hear from any of you who have tried it or use it : )...
  11. Squishies

Bunny spraying urine - heeeellllp!

Happy New Year to all, and of course to your furry friends! I have a beautiful c.14 week old little doe, who is sweet as can be - curious, friendly, affectionate and a true little snuggle-bunny. Happy as can be, always demanding strokes and happy to groom your leg (no idea why leg!) in return...
  12. Squishies

Experiences bonding nethies?

Hi lovely people, I'd love to hear your stories (good and less good!) of bonding netherland dwarves or similarly energetic little buns. I have a beautiful nethie cross buck, who is a particularly smart and sparky little fella. ...I had wanted to bond him with my pair of mini-lops to re-create a...
  13. Squishies

U/D time to stop // Bonding, day #3 - ideas desperately needed (please!)!

Hi again everyone, Apologies for the second thread, but I thought it better to get ideas on this separately... I am on day #3 of attempting to bond my 2 mini-lops (m/f 3yr old sibling pair that I have had since kits and were previously a trio with their brother), with my 1 yr old Netherland...
  14. Squishies

Bonding; please help - how much scraping is ok/and how to read the signs?

Apologies for yet another bonding query which is probably tricky to answer and no doubt depends on the bunnies' personalities involved! ...with some help and advice from those more expert than myself, I disguised an area of the lounge and put out a puppy pen in order to attempt bonding my pair...
  15. Squishies

Lovely rescues/rescuers that might help with a bond?

I've been um-ing and ah-ing about how and when to bond my little rescue, Piglet with my pair of mini-lops, and have decided to wait until I'm back from hols in September. I'd really, really, really like some help from someone more experienced than me, to give it all the best chance of...
  16. Squishies

To bond or not to bond (yet!)?

Hi again everyone, and meet 'Piglet': [/URL][/IMG] The plan has always been, and still is, to bond him with my pair of mini lops (they were originally a trio, and they are very much missing the docile boy in the group who we lost). Piglet is a gorgeous little fella I rescued via Gumtree. He...
  17. Squishies

territorial buns/neutralising a big territory - ideas please!

Hi everyone, I'm looking for ideas on how to neutralise the wider territory of my bunnies; the territory beyond their cage/aviary. ...my pair have supervised free run of the garden and most of the house when I am home, and are very clear with me and any visitors that they own, well...
  18. Squishies

Is there such a thing as pesticide-free/herbicide-free turf?

Hi all, Slightly random one from me today...! ...my lawn is looking a bit 'bald' from the over-enthusiastic nibbling of my pair and I'd like to re-turf it to 'start again'. Up until now, I've simply re-seeded bald patches every March and previously this has worked well, but this year the bald...
  19. Squishies

Mites on healthy buns, is it really 'a thing'?!

I took my pair to the vets last Monday for the RHD2 vaccine, and while we were the there the vet checked them over including teeth, ears etc. All was well and both buns are their usual selves, playing, running, eating, pooping, destroying my furniture, etc! This evening, post-playtime, I have...
  20. Squishies

Bonding - litter training and hormones question!

Hi all, As some of you know, I've been researching and waiting to meet the right bun or bunnies to bond with my pair of mini-lops (boy & girl, both spayed/neutered)... I met some lovely rescue bunnies at the weekend, including a lovely little chap who I think could be the right temperament to...
Back