• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. S

Can They Ever Bond?

Lulu is 6 and has been with me for almost 5 years. I adopted Buddy in September - he is also 6. The rescue did not have any info on him but he had been in there 1.5 yrs. I have tried the usual bonding steps with no success. They end up in a tangle, fighting. They live in separate ex pens in the...
  2. S

Adopted Senior Bun

Hello, After losing Leroy in May, I have decided to adopt again, hopefully to bond with my Lulu. I went into the local rescue yesterday to see a young, small boy and came out with an old, BIG Californian that nobody wanted - he's been in the rescue since May 2019 and no one knew his history. He...
  3. S

Nibbling My Arm?

Now that Lulu is a solo bun, we have been spending more time with her so she doesn't feel too lonely. She was a rescue and has always been very shy and none too interactive, a much more difficult to know personality. Lately, when I hold her and pet her, she licks my hands and arms, gently at...
  4. S

Bonded Bun After Death

I'm looking for some insight. My bunnies were bonded for a little over 3 years. My boy passed on Monday. My girl is left alone now. She is a Mini Rex, probably 5-6 years old. We got her when she was 2.5. She had several owners, had been used for breeding and had not had much human interaction...
  5. S

I Lost My Leroy Today

I haven't been on the forum for a while - all was well. But Leroy got stasis yesterday morning. This is the second time - first time I pulled him through. But this time, I could not, despite doing all the same things and trying so hard. He died in my arms. He would have turned 4 tomorrow. He was...
  6. S

First Bout of GI Stasis

Good Morning, I thought I would post about this and give someone else ideas of what can be done in stasis. We are through it and Leroy has recovered! On Sunday, I noticed he did not greet me but hid when I brought out food. But the biggest red flag was when I opened his pen to let him in the...
  7. S

Is This Normal?

Hello, My two buns have been living together for two years now. Boy/girl, both neutered. They live outdoors in a large hutch with a pen attached, but have a nice space in my basement that I bring them into when it's very cold. I brought them in Saturday afternoon ahead of very frigid weather...
  8. S

Digging Burrow

i haven't been here in a while. All is well with the two buns - they bonded well and are living the life. They have an Amish-built double hutch with an 8x8 run built onto it. Both compartments are filled with straw and the sides are covered with bubble wrap and a tarp to keep the wind out. It...
  9. S

Abscess Surgery - Keeping Bond Intact

Unfortunately, Leroy's leg abscess has returned. It is smaller and has not burst - he is back on abx. We have made the decision to have it surgically removed. I spoke to the tech about his newly bonded mate and possibly bringing her along, but it was requested that I not do that. So, is there a...
  10. S

Leroy & Little Girl Living Together

These two are finally living together after several months. We are on day 4. There is no mounting and only occasional brief chasing. They touch noses and he frantically grooms her, but I have not seen her groom him. When I go to visit them, she is usually sitting in his cage and he is in hers...
  11. S

Bonding, Round 2

First time I tried, Little Girl wasn't spayed yet and it did not go well. She is now spayed and 4 weeks healed, so I've started again. Leroy chased her and nipped the first date. Second one, he chased only half heartedly and she ran away. I'm putting them in the pen every day for a speed date...
  12. S

New Bunny Palace

Hubby built this 8x8 enclosure and attached it to the hutch. Leroy is already using the ramp. Little Girl is still tentative, but investigating. They are out there during the day for now, getting used to the new digs. When the nights get warmer, they'll be out there full time. Hubby is kind to...
  13. S

Leroy and Little Girl

Here's Leroy and Lulu. He's a lop mix and she's a mini rex.
  14. S

Leroy Sick - Bot Fly? Abcess? IDK

Saturday night, we found an open wound on Leroy's inner leg. It was hidden in all his fur and despite handling him several times every day, I did not see this. It is quarter sized and had a round hole with some scabbing around it. I was in shock - never saw anything like this! I put some...
  15. S

Spay Tomorrow - Very Nervous

My new girl is set for spaying tomorrow morning. She was on the schedule for late April but they called Saturday morning with a cancellation slot open and I took it. The vet is an hour away and she must be there before 8:30 AM. It's the same vet that neutered Leroy Brown for me. As she was...
  16. S

Another Bonding Question

Never tried bonding before as this is my first bun. Leroy Brown is now 9 mos. old (neutered) and I'd like to get him a GF. I saw a lovely little female mini rex for rehome on craigslist, but she is not spayed. She is 2.5 years old. I called my vet but they can't book for her spay until April 20...
  17. S

Question About Canvas Tarps

I've had to move bun to my deck ... allergies!! Fortunately I kept him in a very cool, unheated room in the basement and put him out for several hours everyday, so although it's a change, it's not a huge one. The weather for this time of year is very mild, 40/50's in the day and above freezing...
  18. S

What's Best?

My bun is housed outdoor in a hutch. It has a nesting box with lots of hay and rests against a shed that breaks the prevailing winds. I have covered all sides of the hutch with aluminum backed bubble wrap, draped it with canvas and a waterproof tarp which I roll up during the day and when it's...
  19. S

New Bun Owner in PA

Hello, Just want to say hi. I have a bun for the first time. I planned on him being an indoor bun for the winter, but within a few weeks of him inside, I really started having allergy issues, doc said he had to go outside. He was only in for a few weeks, was born/raised outdoors. But we got...
  20. S

Runny Eye - Questions

Hello, This is my first rabbit and I'm learning a lot, but I'm a bit stymied on this. My rabbit was born in May last year and was kept outdoors. I got him in September, had him neutered and continued to house him outside. He has a hutch with an attached run. Every afternoon, our family goes...
Back