• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. S

Can They Ever Bond?

Update: Still living side by side. I tried bonding again, ended in a fight in which Lulu's eye rim was injured. It has healed just fine. Here's the oddity. I put them in either mine or hubby's lap most days. The big guy doesn't move, just sits there like a big old lump, often with eyes...
  2. S

Can They Ever Bond?

Yes, they have been neutered for a long time. The first bonding attempts were in neutral places. After the cuddle sessions on hubby's lap, the next one was not, as I really thought we were further along. It was an outside pen where both have been. They aren't just chasing - they immediately end...
  3. S

Can They Ever Bond?

Lulu is 6 and has been with me for almost 5 years. I adopted Buddy in September - he is also 6. The rescue did not have any info on him but he had been in there 1.5 yrs. I have tried the usual bonding steps with no success. They end up in a tangle, fighting. They live in separate ex pens in the...
  4. S

Adopted Senior Bun

He is doing well. I have room - he's in a large dog crate with an ex pen attached. I will increase the space as he shows me his good litter habits, which he seems to be doing so far. He has two litter boxes - one on each end of his space, plus room for me to sit in his enclosure. He will come up...
  5. S

Adopted Senior Bun

Hello, After losing Leroy in May, I have decided to adopt again, hopefully to bond with my Lulu. I went into the local rescue yesterday to see a young, small boy and came out with an old, BIG Californian that nobody wanted - he's been in the rescue since May 2019 and no one knew his history. He...
  6. S

Nibbling My Arm?

I'm trying to hold her on my lap for at least an hour every day. I was hoping that would be ok. Talked with the local rescue about adoption and the possibility of "bunny dating" but they were totally discouraging me to adopt to give my bunny a companion. The thinking is that the two may never...
  7. S

Nibbling My Arm?

Now that Lulu is a solo bun, we have been spending more time with her so she doesn't feel too lonely. She was a rescue and has always been very shy and none too interactive, a much more difficult to know personality. Lately, when I hold her and pet her, she licks my hands and arms, gently at...
  8. S

Bonded Bun After Death

tonibun - Me, over-worrying? LOL. Bunnies have taken a few years off my life due to my worrying. But you are probably right - this is most likely normal for her. Leroy always stole the show.
  9. S

Bonded Bun After Death

Yep, she's sitting just a few feet from me. Sometimes I sit on the floor to see if she will come over. She did once, but not consistently. I just offered her a piece of apple, which she quickly downed.
  10. S

Bonded Bun After Death

I'm looking for some insight. My bunnies were bonded for a little over 3 years. My boy passed on Monday. My girl is left alone now. She is a Mini Rex, probably 5-6 years old. We got her when she was 2.5. She had several owners, had been used for breeding and had not had much human interaction...
  11. S

I Lost My Leroy Today

Thank you all for your kind comments. I appreciate each one.
  12. S

I Lost My Leroy Today

I keep going over the last few days; what did I miss? What could I have done differently? If only ... We left the body in the pen with his mate, Lulu, for about an hour, then buried him behind our shed. He was so beautiful: a lop mix with helicopter ears, a broken fluffy coat and blue eyes. And...
  13. S

I Lost My Leroy Today

I'm sorry kattymieoww. It's so hard to lose a beloved pet. I keep thinking, if I would have done this, not done that, etc. which does no good, I know. And how will little Lulu do now without him? They have been bonded for over 3 years.
  14. S

I Lost My Leroy Today

I haven't been on the forum for a while - all was well. But Leroy got stasis yesterday morning. This is the second time - first time I pulled him through. But this time, I could not, despite doing all the same things and trying so hard. He died in my arms. He would have turned 4 tomorrow. He was...
  15. S

First Bout of GI Stasis

Good Morning, I thought I would post about this and give someone else ideas of what can be done in stasis. We are through it and Leroy has recovered! On Sunday, I noticed he did not greet me but hid when I brought out food. But the biggest red flag was when I opened his pen to let him in the...
  16. S

Cold weather

Mine are usually outside but with this extreme cold snap, I put them in an unheated basement room. I've done this in years' past and as long as they are not in too long, they seem to be fine going back out. I bought two small animal warming pads (25 watts); one is under their water to keep it...
  17. S

Is This Normal?

Thanks tonibun and Zoobec. You are probably right. I didn't think it would be an issue because they have been in/out of this basement area over the last two years. I move them in during deep cold or extreme heat. Finicky little things, aren't they.
  18. S

Is This Normal?

Hello, My two buns have been living together for two years now. Boy/girl, both neutered. They live outdoors in a large hutch with a pen attached, but have a nice space in my basement that I bring them into when it's very cold. I brought them in Saturday afternoon ahead of very frigid weather...
  19. S

Digging Burrow

Never seen anything in our yard other than squirrels.
  20. S

Digging Burrow

They never seem to want to leave the yard. The gate has accidentally been left open by a grandchild and if Leroy hops out, he hops right back in. But I've been wondering how far they will go underground. He's in/out of the hole often, but when i go out to feed in the evening, he's just hanging...
Back