• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. C

Head tilt - maybe controversial, sorry.

I’m so sorry if anything I write here is upsetting, or comes across as insensitive or cruel, it’s really not my intention whatsoever. I’m also sorry if anyone has strong opposing views, I know everyone here knows and does what is best for their own pets. My 8 year old boy William presented with...
  2. C

Bonding my boys

With being in isolation for the next 10 weeks+, there doesn’t seem to be a better opportunity to try and bond my 2 boys. Roo is about 1.5 years, and William is about 7 (got him 3.5 years ago, and was told he was about 3 years at the time). William was rescued along with his brother, but their...
  3. C

Dandelions?

I usually give my boys a handful of sliced, bagged, curly kale from Tesco’s at dinner time, and buy a bag every few days. I’m trying to cut down my supermarket visits, and I learned through a gross, slimy accident that the kale does not freeze! So we’re all out of greens, and there’s a verge on...
  4. C

So upset - cut foot, help please

I had William down at the vets this morning for his Nobivac jab, and we saw a different, what seemed like a new, younger vet. He tidied up a couple of matts around William’s bum and back legs that I wasn’t able to get by myself, but in doing so he caught him with the scissors near one of his...
  5. C

Vaccination help!

I’m a very bad rabbit mother, and my vet didn’t send me a reminder for my boys vaccinations! Roo’s Nobivac was on 3rd October last year, he’s booked in for that again today. Roo and William both had their Filavac on 25th October last year. I know you’re meant to wait 2 weeks between each...
  6. C

Keeping cool?

Both of my buns are outdoors, in separate spaces, and while Roo is fine, William has been miserable with the heat. His hutch and run are covered in white sheets, for shade and to reflect the sun. I’ve been periodically soaking the sheets with the hose to try and cool it down a little. I’m also...
  7. C

Growing plants for buns?

Sorry, and please move, if this is in the wrong place! I’d like to start growing more on my allotment than grass :lol: My buns absolutely love curly kale (which looks like it’s easy to grow!), but I wondered what else I could try? I don’t eat many veggies, so no use growing for myself. I’ve...
  8. C

Small Paws Playtime ceasing manufacture of small animal enclosures

Sorry if this was mentioned elsewhere. On Sunday, Lee of ‘Small Paws Playtime’ announced on their Facebook page that they would be ceasing to make outdoor housing/sheds/runs for small animals; citing too long working days, and too much time spent away from his family. It seems like they’ll...
  9. C

Indoors or outdoors for the winter?

Hi all, I've been going back and forth over this for a while, and could do with some advice/opinions. My neutered male, William, is currently outside in a 4x4 playhouse with a 4x8 attached run. He lives alone, and I plan to attempt a bond with my young male, Roo, in the spring - Roo is...
  10. C

Keeping a run dry & wet bottom

I recently moved my outdoor bun William into a playhouse with attached run, (on a concrete patio) to give him more 'indoors' space. However, we've had a few days of non-stop rain, and it's proving impossible to keep the inside of the run dry. Even the lino floor of the playhouse is getting...
  11. C

Bunny housing and RHD2

I wasn't sure where to put this, if it needs moving please do. As you might know, I suddenly lost 2 of my 4 buns last week. 1 was confirmed RHD2, the other highly suspected. The remaining 2 were vaccinated 10 days ago. The playhouse/run that the deceased buns live does in has been scrubbed...
  12. C

Mod please lock/delete

Mod please lock/delete
  13. C

The search for a friend

I hope this is the right place for this thread, rather than B&B, as I don’t have a bonding issue (yet!). One of my boys, William, has been a solo bun since I had to split him and his brother up - William was very domineering, and it was drastically affecting his brother’s health. There was an...
  14. C

Bun in P@H adoption - HELP!

God, I only went in for hay :roll: Since William didn’t bond into a trio, I’ve been thinking about getting him a wife. He’s naturally dominant and didn’t gel with my 2 other boys, so I’ve been considering a nice, gentle lady-bun. I popped into P@H this morning, and a female lop had been...
  15. C

Weight loss

Hi all, I'm growing concerned for my smallest boy, Jack. He's always a wee tiny thing (1.7kg at last vet weigh in), and since being bonded to Henry on the 13th, he's started to get even skinnier. The bonding went smoothly (after a potential 3rd bun was removed), and the pair have settled well...
  16. C

And so it begins - trio vibes, please,

I finally find myself with a long enough stretch of days to start attempting to bond my 3 boys. William and Jack are brothers who were neutered late (multiple previous owners before me), and lived together previously before I had to separate them - William over dominating pre-neuter. Henry was...
  17. C

Little booger!! - Help!

I went to feed Henry this morning, and couldn't find the Tupperware of pellets that normally sits outside the spare room door... Turns out I'd accidentally left the box in the room with him last night, and he'd managed to get the lid off and totally stuff his furry face :shock: I should've...
  18. C

A Bunny Build Blog!

At the suggestion of orangediva, I thought I might document the building/modifying/sprucing up of my outdoor bun accommodation! I feel I should preface this by admitting practically 0 DIY knowledge, but a morbid curiosity and willingness to give it a go. I've also attempted 4 different...
  19. C

Bonding/housing timeframes?

I think I've finally settled on an ideal set-up idea for my potential trio - a converted playhouse, attached to a combination of my current runs. I haven't started bonding yet, and I don't want to get ahead of myself if the buns don't get along; but at the same time, it'll be 10-14 days before...
  20. C

Outdoor housing for a trio

Hi all, I've posted over in Behaviour and Bonding about hopefully bonding my 3 single boys into a harmonious trio in the near future, so I'm starting to think about housing options. 2 of my boys are currently in hutch/run set ups on the top level of my yard, which is poured concrete. Most of...
Back