• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. C

John Joe :-( U/D 9th August Much Better :-)

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry to hear this. Sending millions of vibes to you all.
  2. C

Head tilt - maybe controversial, sorry.

I want to thank everyone again for the kindness and compassion which I’ve come to recognise as true ‘RU-ness’. It’s with an incredibly heavy heart that I and his vet decided to help William to the bridge this evening. He had deteriorated rapidly throughout the day, and it wasn’t fair to him...
  3. C

Thank you everyone so much for your kind, measured, compassionate responses - I know this is a very emotive topic, and I really appreciate it. I rehomed William along with his brother Jack nearly 5 years ago, from a tiny 4ft hutch, where they were bedded on a sprinkling of sawdust, and fed...
  4. C

Thank you so much for your thoughtful reply Graciee. Seeing him roll is very upsetting, as is wondering how much stress he’s going through. I agree that animals live in the moment, and going through this with a bun some how feels different to treatments I’ve gone through with cats and dogs. Not...
  5. C

I’m so sorry if anything I write here is upsetting, or comes across as insensitive or cruel, it’s really not my intention whatsoever. I’m also sorry if anyone has strong opposing views, I know everyone here knows and does what is best for their own pets. My 8 year old boy William presented with...
  6. C

Lord Herbert is on Borrowed Time U/D 18th May

Thinking of you both this morning xxxxx
  7. C

Bonding my boys

We’ve pressed pause for today. Thankfully Roo’s eye seems fine - he had it open fully again within about 20 minutes, and was moving about and nibbling hay, so I’m confident he isn’t too shaken. Both boys seemed happy to get back to their respective homes! We’ll have another crack at it tomorrow...
  8. C

Bonding my boys

Oh blinkin’ ‘eck. Just had to break up another scuffle. Seems to be William initiating each time, but Roo is larger than him, and William is no spring chicken, so he’s often ending up slipping onto his side. This time Roo has come away holding his left eye partially closed, although he can...
  9. C

Bonding my boys

Not sure about tonight yet. I kept the pen the same size, and am just giving them some time. After about another hour, they started to move around a little again, both on ‘their’ sides, but touching noses every now and again. They’re both eating, drinking, and grooming themselves, and William...
  10. C

Bonding my boys

Well they both got a bit shirty and ended up circling. I stuck a dustpan between them, and they’ve retreated to either end of the pen. Roo seems more relaxed, he’s had a groom and a nibble, but William is still very guarded. They’ve sat apart for almost an hour, thinking of making the pen...
  11. C

Bonding my boys

Bonding has started today! Touch wood, they’re both being shockingly well-behaved. William has taken quite a few chunks of fur out of Roo’s nose, when Roo has the audacity to try and sniff his face; and Roo has been the one doing all the humping so far, albeit only a few times. They’re...
  12. C

Bonding my boys

Thank you Tonibun! I’ll maybe get set up today and start first thing tomorrow. In an ideal world, I’d get them both female companions. Unfortunately, we don’t have the space, time, or money for any more buns, or any other pets for that matter! Neither one seems to yearn for companionship, but...
  13. C

Bonding my boys

With being in isolation for the next 10 weeks+, there doesn’t seem to be a better opportunity to try and bond my 2 boys. Roo is about 1.5 years, and William is about 7 (got him 3.5 years ago, and was told he was about 3 years at the time). William was rescued along with his brother, but their...
  14. C

Dandelions?

I usually give my boys a handful of sliced, bagged, curly kale from Tesco’s at dinner time, and buy a bag every few days. I’m trying to cut down my supermarket visits, and I learned through a gross, slimy accident that the kale does not freeze! So we’re all out of greens, and there’s a verge on...
  15. C

Bunnies are expensive

I think my cat George topped £1500 in his final 7 months, between diagnostics to determine what was wrong with him, and then prescription food for his palliative care. I would have paid that 10 times over if it could have cured him. Another cat, Oscar, also ran up big bills towards the end of...
  16. C

So upset - cut foot, help please

Thank you both, I’ve been having to rummage through the straw to find poops, but they’re plentiful and nice and golden as usual - he’s always been my best pooper! :lol: We’re just home from the vets, his cut has closed up nicely, and while his hocks still look bare and sorry for themselves...
  17. C

Thank you both! His mobility this morning is excellent, and he tucked into his breakfast happily. He’d also eaten a fair bit of the hay overnight too, which is good. I’ll be trying to get him down this afternoon to have his foot looked at again. Thank you again :love:
  18. C

Thanks everyone. I’m not sure if William has eaten much hay, but I keep catching him munching the straw?? :? Will it be bad for him if he eats straw instead of hay? He ate his nuggets slowly today, but stuffed himself with greens like usual. He still won’t let me catch him to look at his foot...
  19. C

Pro-fibre pellets for Atticus

I’m glad the pro fibre is helping Atticus. My bridge-bun Jack was prescribed them for a while, and just like Atticus he’d eat a few from his bowl, but only to a point. We gradually got him up to a full scoop, and they did him the world of good.
  20. C

Thank you Jane, yes I’ll be checking his feet every day till his fur grows back in. Thankfully I’ve got a couple of ‘compressed straw’ bales which I laid down in the run, and is nice and soft. I took another quick look at his foot, but he was in a big hurry to get out the carrier and snuffle...
Back