• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Siegmeyer

Win yourself a pet portrait - Rabbit Burrows Haven

Hi guys, I hope this is okay to post here, please delete if it’s not okay. If you’re interested in winning a watercolour pet portrait of your babies please have a look at the following link: https://www.facebook.com/Rabbitburrowshaven/ Join the auction to raise money for a small rescue and...
  2. Siegmeyer

Breeding question

Hi, if you do have a buck and a doe the buck is completely fertile at 4.5 months old, so is the doe. I would completely separate them until you’ve had them neutered as rabbits are highly fertile, the doe can get pregnant shortly after giving birth as well. You would have to re-bond them after...
  3. Siegmeyer

Rabbit humping help for new owner!

Hi, it might be worth taking them back to the vets to check if they can now be neutered. My boys were neutered together and the vet said they really supported one another afterwards by encouraging each other to eat and stuff as it’s a scary experience having a friend helps. With boys I believe...
  4. Siegmeyer

Missing Rabbit- Sheffield - Handsworth

Hi, yes I have a “human proof” lock on the shed now, but I suppose if someone really wanted to get in they could cut through it or take the door off the hinges. I might be getting a custom shed built with an attached aviary which might be more safe. Me and Nibbles are both feeling very depressed...
  5. Siegmeyer

Still not found. I’ve contacted the microchipping company and reported him missing and they’ve sent out a report looking for him within 30 miles of us. A few people have contacted us with found rabbits but none of them are Thumper. I’ve been going out everyday after work looking for him. I think...
  6. Siegmeyer

Thank you everyone! We are still searching. All our neighbours have been informed, just waiting for all the vets and the rspca to open so I can give them a ring. I hope he’s fine and some kind strangers taken him to the local vet.
  7. Siegmeyer

Hello, My chinchilla Netherland dwarf has gone missing in the late hours of today (19/03/19). His name is Thumper and he’s very tame. If anyone lives near us could you please keep an eye out. We’ve frantically searched for him so far with no luck and we all miss him very much including his...
  8. Siegmeyer

Plumb Bun

Hello guys, On the last two vet trips I was told my bunny Thumper (nethie) has gotten a bit round. The first vet trip being in autumn I had been thinking that he was just getting his winter coat so looked rounder, but then the vet trip happened and they’ve said he’s gained some weight but not...
  9. Siegmeyer

Bonding babies?

Hi :) My first two buns were two boys from the same litter and they've always been best mates, they did have a few squabbles when they got a bit older before they were neutered, but I kept a close eye on them and they never hurt each other. They were also neutered on the same day and the vet...
  10. Siegmeyer

Cold weather

Wow pet bunnies are a lot more resilient and adapted to the cold than I thought. Thank you everyone! I feel less worried about them now and I can comfortable sleep at night knowing they’ll be fine. I think I’ll get some heat pads in case it gets any colder though. They just looks so small and...
  11. Siegmeyer

Cold weather

Hi all! :) I wondered at what temperatures we would need to consider moving the rabbits indoors? It’s gotten to -5 here so far. I have a 8ft shed set up, with a 6ft hutch inside it. I am tempered to move them indoors when it gets to below -3, how resilient are they to the cold? Also should I...
  12. Siegmeyer

Rabbit hutch cover?

I’ve got a six ft double hutch and I use the chartwell covers from Home and Roost. I believe they have a selection of covers. https://homeandroost.co.uk/product-category/covers-insulators/ Mine had a bit of a leak, but I made another cover to go underneath it for more protection using thin...
  13. Siegmeyer

Bonding - 3rd time lucky or is she trying to tell me something

Hi Tia, I think personally I would try everything to find her a friend, just because I’ve had rabbits alone and in a group and they always seemed much happier as a pair or in a group, specially if she’s an outdoor bunny. Seeing my bunnies snuggle up together eventhough it’s 40 degrees outside...
  14. Siegmeyer

Available Individual: Rita (6 month Cream French lop) Female - Rehomed via rabbitrehome

Hello :) Just wanted to let everyone know that Rita has found her forever home and was picked up today. Her new family were over the moon with her and can't wait to bond her with hew new husbun Reggie, after she's been to the vets for her vaccinations and neutering. She was rehomed via the...
  15. Siegmeyer

Available Individual: Rita (6 month Cream French lop) Female - Rehomed via rabbitrehome

Currently Reserved :love: Might be going off to live with a beautiful boy :)
  16. Siegmeyer

Physical Description: Cream French lop, very pretty! She looks to be about 3kg. I thought she was small for a french lop, but I suppose she might fill out a bit more. Bright very dark eyes and very clean. Her underside is white. Happy to send more pics if anyone is interested. Temperament: She...
  17. Siegmeyer

Bonding two boys

Hello, I’ve only ever bonded a quadruple and a triple, and when they were being bonded they did have a few scraps and I was told some fur pulling and maybe mounting is normal as long as no blood is drawn and they don’t both scratch at each other’s bellies (when they like become one ball as...
  18. Siegmeyer

Wanted: lovely home waiting for large / giant female

Hello, I have a 6 month French Lop, she’s just come into my care last night as her original owner has been unwell for some time and has unfortunately gone into a coma, she according to doctors won’t come out of. Her name is Rita, she’s looking quiet big but I am not sure if its because I have...
  19. Siegmeyer

Rehomed: Robinson

Omg did you adopt Robinson? Thats great :) He is a very handsome bunny!
  20. Siegmeyer

slight dilemma - will a trio of 2 males and 1 female work?

Hi guys, sorry for butting in, but why do you think MMF bonds work well? I've read the posts in the forum about bonding groups and to think seriously about adding a third bunny and what the benefits are for your existing pair/group and I couldn't think of any. I had a rather large lady...
Back