• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. L

Too late to move outside?

We're in a bit of a predicament. We're having to downsize our property. We currently have 4 house rabbits in 2 separate pairs, 1 pair upstairs free ranging and 1 pair downstairs in our converted garage as one of the buns is incontinent. In our new house we only have room for 2 rabbits inside...
  2. L

Re-Bond now or wait?

Hi all, I'm after some advice about re-bonding our rabbits. So Molly and Indy have been bonded for about 2 years. At the beginning of the week Indy got gut stasis and needed to spend a night at the vets, Molly went with him. We asked for them not to be separated at all and being an exotic vets...
  3. L

Damaged ear and stasis

Hi all, Is it possible for rabbits to break their ears? We brought Molly home from the vets last night as she’s got GI Stasis (sadly this is still ongoing and been going for a few days). She was hooked up to an IV, presumably in her ear at the vets. When we collected her her ear is completely...
  4. L

Can anyone help catch a rabbit in Huddersfield

There is a rabbit that needs catching by snow island university halls in Huddersfield. The space is large and the bush where it’s hiding it thick so needs probably 5 people to help herd it into a smaller area. We’ve been trying since 11am today, managed to hand feed it but couldn’t get it...
  5. L

Incontinent rabbit - looking for advice

Hello everyone, Over the last few months we’ve been having lots of test on Poppy to find out why she is incontinent. Initially she tested positive for a UTI which we treated but didn’t solve the incontinence problem. She’s since had an X-ray, ultrasound, full blood profile including testing...
  6. L

Molly now has GI stasis...

I’m lost for words right now. We’ve just admitted Molly and Indy as Molly now has gut stasis. She has bloat and they need to keep an eye on it. How can this be happening after Indy had stasis last week. What can we be doing wrong. It’s all a huge shame it really is. Sent from my iPhone using...
  7. L

Indy has stasis :(

Hello all, Indy has gut stasis. He stopped eating about 9am this morning and seemed really poorly, took him straight to the vet. He’s has gut mobility and pain relief. I’m at home with him now and still no improvement. I’m going to syringe feed him critical care now. They are house rabbits so...
  8. L

Bond is not improving

We're 3 and a half weeks in to bonding Molly and Indy. I'm worried their bond seems to be getting worse. Molly has been constantly chasing Indy and he's terrified of her now, before she gets to him he'll thump and run away so we're at a bit of a stale mate. They are back down to being in a small...
  9. L

Pets at home - Huddersfield - rabbit for adoption

There is an absolutely stunning large white helicopter earred rabbit in pets at home in Huddersfield today. Has been brought back after being adopted for 3 days as was apparently aggressive with the children. They think it's because she was grabbed and handled a lot - can only imagine! She's so...
  10. L

Chasing and guarding during bonding

Hi all, Molly and Indy have been living together for just over a week. Their bond was quite straightforward, no fighting, a few lunges but mostly straight into grooming and snuggling. I'd started increasing their space a little bit and I put in a large litter box and 2 hidey houses. Since the...
  11. L

Bonding started tonight - advice needed

Hi all - Molly and Indy have been living next to each other for 4 weeks. They've met twice for 10 mins where nothing really happened. We then had a break as I had to go away for a week, I'm back now and started bonding at 7.30pm tonight! My plan was to do about 30 mins and then stop depending...
  12. L

White lump on eye?

Hello all, I'm posting a fair bit at the moment for advice so thank you everyone for your help - it's really appreciated! I've just been to do their night hay top up and noticed our rabbit Poppy has a white lump on her eye! Does anyone know what it could be? I don't know if it's a discharge...
  13. L

Litter training - looking for advice

I'm looking for advice about litter training our rabbit Poppy. She's been with us a few months now after living in dirty confined conditions all her life. She's just over 2 weeks post spay and we were hoping that we'd be able to litter train her but it's still proving very difficult. The first...
  14. L

Living side by side

This might be a silly question but I was wondering if it's ok to keep an unspayed female and a neutered male in separate pens (where they can't get to each other) in the same room if we plan to bond them in future? Will the hormones and behaviour from the unspayed female affect the future bond...
  15. L

Re-bonding fighting rabbits

Sadly our bonded pair had a fight two nights ago! I wrote a post last week to explain the situation we are in - can be read here if anyone is interested...
  16. L

Health of new rabbit

Hi all - we unexpectedly took on a third rabbit on Thursday. We'd been toying with the idea of bonding a third to our pair but hadn't actually decided for sure either way yet. Anyway I saw a rabbit for sale online living in the most horrendous conditions (surprised that they'd advertised her...
  17. L

Third rabbit - looking for people's thoughts

Hi all - I'm looking to hear people's experiences who keep unbonded rabbits separately as we unexpectedly took on a third rabbit on Thursday. We'd been toying with the idea of bonding a third to our pair but hadn't actually decided for sure either way yet. Anyway I saw a rabbit for sale online...
  18. L

RHD2 vaccine - anyone had problems?

My two bunnies had their RHD2 today. They had it a year ago before we got them from the rescue. They had it at 10.00 this morning and have both been ok today since - a bit on edge and sleepy but were eating and pooing ok. In the last hour Molly has gone downhill, she's lathargic, she can't get...
  19. L

Rabbit savvy vet needed in Huddersfield

Hi all - does anyone know of a good rabbit vet in Huddersfield? Thank you!
  20. L

First experience of GI stasis - advice needed

Hi all, We experienced our first (and hopefully last) bout of stasis last night as fairly new bunny owners and would really appreciate some advice. We noticed something was wrong yesterday evening as she was looking uncomfortable and didn't touch her veggies which is very unlike her! We took...
Back