• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. L

Too late to move outside?

Thanks for your replies both. I think we're going to get a Manor pet housing shed that were going to insulate, plus some sort of avairy. So we can make the shed as insulated as possible, I just worry they won't acclimatise and get sick. I wouldn't move the garage buns outside because one of them...
  2. L

Too late to move outside?

We're in a bit of a predicament. We're having to downsize our property. We currently have 4 house rabbits in 2 separate pairs, 1 pair upstairs free ranging and 1 pair downstairs in our converted garage as one of the buns is incontinent. In our new house we only have room for 2 rabbits inside...
  3. L

Re-Bond now or wait?

Yes that's true. That's what we thought, then in neutral territory there was so much chasing and we started to get worried about thekr stress levels and the stasis bun. I suppose we could just try it today and see what happens. Even if only for a short while. Then make a final decision. Sent...
  4. L

Re-Bond now or wait?

Thanks both. I think we'll wait, that does make sense. Even though they had an easy bond before, or might not happen again this time so yes we'll wait until theyre settled in new house to try again. Thanks again for thoughts. Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
  5. L

Re-Bond now or wait?

Hi all, I'm after some advice about re-bonding our rabbits. So Molly and Indy have been bonded for about 2 years. At the beginning of the week Indy got gut stasis and needed to spend a night at the vets, Molly went with him. We asked for them not to be separated at all and being an exotic vets...
  6. L

Damaged ear and stasis

Sorry for the delay in replying. Thanks again for all the advice both. We are making progress definitely. She’s eating more on her own and poo output has started to increase - still no way near the amount she should be producing, but things are moving. I’d say she’s probably eating about 30%...
  7. L

Damaged ear and stasis

We had some more tiny poos overnight and a few more today so feeling a bit better about that. We need more though! She’s producing ceocotrophs more than pellets but there are tiny pellets in the litter box. She was nibbling more as well overnight and this morning. I’m doing infacol now so will...
  8. L

Damaged ear and stasis

So she is nibbling a bit this evening, but we’ve not had any poos since this morning. Should I be concerned if there are no poos and she’s nibbling? I.e - is it all backing up in her system? Or would she not nibble at all of there was zero movement in her system? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. L

Damaged ear and stasis

Yes please - that would be fab! x Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. L

Damaged ear and stasis

How much metacam would you be giving? We’ve been told 1ml once a day but I’m sure for one of my other bunnies I’ve done that twice a day. She’s about 2.8kg approx. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. L

Damaged ear and stasis

Thank you! Will have a read. Currently waiting for a call from the vet to discuss she’s been today. Still worried about her ear. She’s now started shaking her head a lot, washing it and scratching it so I think it’s hurting her. Not sure if how they did the drip was normal but if it has that...
  12. L

Damaged ear and stasis

Thanks MM - that’s good to hear they can come back after a good few days. I have got infacol - haven’t given it but will on next med session. I’m trying to encourage her to get up and poo - she is stuck in one place and doesn’t like to move from it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. L

Damaged ear and stasis

Thank you so much! Was very pleased when I saw those poos as was starting to panic. I’m syringe feeding water as well each time so hopefully this is helping and enough as she’s not drinking on her own. I think her body temp is ok, her ears were freezing when we first noticed stasis at beginning...
  14. L

Damaged ear and stasis

So Molly is showing some signs of improving albeit very very slowly. She did a few teeny poos at 11am and left an odd looking ceocotroph on the floor so things must be moving a bit now. She also nibbled a dried dandelion leaf and two strands of hay. She’s not interested in any herbs or veggies...
  15. L

Damaged ear and stasis

Very interesting, thank you. It looks like 14 is high but not critical high. Although it says gut stasis is when it goes below 4 rather than up which is interesting. Hopefully being at home now this will come down. Will keep you posted x Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. L

Damaged ear and stasis

Thanks Sarahbun! That’s really good to hear! I’ll keep my hopes up that it’ll pop back up in a few days :) x Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. L

Damaged ear and stasis

Hi MM, Thanks for this info. The vet did seem to think there wasn’t any blockage, just an awful lot in her tummy. I’ve just done her meds and a small amount of syringed food with Ella’s Kitchen Apple in. I’ll do a little bit more in a few hours but dilute it more. Keeping a close eye on her...
  18. L

Damaged ear and stasis

Thank you all. They gave her Buprenorphine I believe, so I’m assuming that’s why she’s lethargic, also gave metacam, emeprid and ranitidine. At the moment we have no nibbling. I saw some teeny poos this morning but nothing since. If her stomach is so full with food is it still a good idea to...
  19. L

Damaged ear and stasis

Thank you both. We’re back from vets. They were able to do a conscious X-ray as she’s so lethargic - no obstruction or bloat but she has a huge amount of food in her stomach to the point where her stomach is much bigger than it should be. Given the usual drugs again and we obviously have more to...
  20. L

Damaged ear and stasis

Hi all, Is it possible for rabbits to break their ears? We brought Molly home from the vets last night as she’s got GI Stasis (sadly this is still ongoing and been going for a few days). She was hooked up to an IV, presumably in her ear at the vets. When we collected her her ear is completely...
Back