• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. B

Billy & Bertie

Thought I would post some pics of Billy & Bertie, our foster buns, they are so cute - the tiniest bunnies I have ever had! Bertie is Dad and Billy is his son, they came from Battersea Dogs Home where they were dumped. Bertie is black and Billy a dutch cross with little white socks on his front...
  2. B

Next ARC newsletter - calling all ARC adoptees/volunteers!

Hi everyone, I'm just starting to put together the next ARC newsletter for Autumn 08. If you have adopted rabbits from ARC that you might like featured in the next newsletter or a future newsletter, please pm me with the details. The newsletter currently is sent annually to all ARC members. If...
  3. B

Ear abcesses in rabbits EDIT now with post-op pics

Hello, this topic has become of particular interest to me because I have now had 3 out of 4 of my rabbits with an ear abcess (and none are related to my knowledge). Apparently it is a very common problem in wild rabbits and most likely not something you'd spot unless you knew what you were...
  4. B

2 lovely male lops - for ARC

Posting here coz don't have access to the rabbits needing homes section and moderator's inbox full - pls move if necessary. Two gorgeous male lops, not sure how old but I think quite young, both neutered are being rehomed through ARC in Twickenham, Middlesex - just took some lovely pics of them...
  5. B

Bunny thinks she's a cat

I often find Sylvia in this position on the sofa :shock: Perhaps she gets a good view out the window!
  6. B

Bunny & Oli's tea

Some pics from tonight of Bunny (Sylvia) & Oli eating their tea :) and Periwinkle eating his tea!
  7. B

Tilly and Humphrey before Tilly's op!

Here are some pics of Tilly and Humphrey just before Tilly's op... b-m
  8. B

New roof for the foster buns

Thanks to o/h's handy work, the foster bunnies now have a fantastic new roof which really keeps the rain off, and it's a great sun shade too. We've attached netting all round the back so it's secure for them. They still have to go in their hutch at night though. Paula and Trevor inside the...
  9. B

Another ear abscess

Well either I'm really unlucky or these ear absecesses are more common than you think! Tilly has just had the same operation that Sylvia had about 2 months ago. I noticed a lump about 4 weeks ago at the base of her left ear, took her to the vet after going on holiday and she was operated on on...
  10. B

Ear abscess major surgery *update*

Hi, Sylvia has an abscess in her ear, she has had it before and it went away with Baytril. Unfortunately this time the abscess has formed a lump at the base of her ear, which you can feel from the outside. I think it probably needs draining. I took her to the vet on Tuesday, I asked if he could...
  11. B

Otoscope query

Does anyone have one? or know where is cheapest to buy one from online? b-m
  12. B

Trevor & Paula UPDATE

Trevor and Paula from arc seem to be doing really well at the moment, Paula (about 5 yrs) is full of beans despite having a few health problems and both of them enjoy a run around the garden. Trevor (3) is full of binkies and loves to race around at top speed. They both come over and sniff and...
  13. B

Bunny chip

Does anyone have their bunnies microchipped? I have had all mine done, I forgot how useful it was until Tilly and Humphrey went in on Monday for their annual check-up and Myxi vaccination, and the vet was able to just scan them for a temperature... rather like being scanned in a supermarket! b-m
  14. B

New bunny area...

We have been quite busy this weekend building a new bunny area for some foster bunnies for when we get back from holiday in April. I bought this hutch off eBay for £90, it's quite a good one and fits perfectly in this space next to Humphrey and Tilly's bunny shed. We have added some hinges to...
  15. B

Another new hutch (not arrived yet)

Oh dear I have just bought another new hutch (quite a big one, not yet arrived)... my intention is to foster but I have to say every time I look on RR I think, 'Maybe just another pair...' Help! You know what this means... Not at all a sensible idea but I just can't help myself! What would you...
  16. B

Pics of Sylvia and Oli

It's a hard life: Oli: What's going on here?: Awwwwwwwww:
  17. B

Pics of Tilly and Humphrey

These are a bit old but I never got round to uploading them - sorry if they're a bit big! In the Eglu: Sitting in Sylvia's dug-out: Humphrey: Humphrey: Tilly:
  18. B

Hutch help - Opinion on hutch to go inside bunny shed

I have been looking at hutches to go inside Tilly and Humphrey's bunny shed. This is partly because they currently have their crate in there, and the way it is set up means it is very cumbersome, the wrong shape and as a result means it is taking up a lot of space that they are not really using...
  19. B

Which is better - tall or long?

Which is better for keeping rabbits? Is it better to have greater length or lots of floors? b-m
  20. B

Rexes

I have always been a real sucker for lops, but there's a pair of rexes of the Bobtails site and they are truly beautiful: http://www.bobtailsrescue.org.uk/adopt_rabbit.asp Is it wrong to want another pair when you already have two pairs??? I was going to foster when I got back from holiday in...
Back