• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. S

Dental every 3 months and now watery eyes

Hi all a lot has happened since I last posted. Betty, the mum of Jessica had to be PTS just before Christmas because of neurological problems. I took her to the vets expecting to pick up some medicine but they noticed her behaviour was odd and along with other symptoms/ signs she was showing...
  2. S

Hutches *update* change of circumstances

Hi I’m just wondering if anyone had any photos of hutches in the house? We’re also looking at the indoor enclosure at MPH if anyone has pictures of that or something similar. They would be in the front room so ideally in a room that isn’t a rabbit room? Our 2 have always been destructive...
  3. S

Jessica’s dental 3 y/o

Just had the phone call from the vets updating us on Jessica’s dental today. She only had her last dental in February and today she was back in with really bad spurs, a cut to her tongue and ‘teeth all over the place’. The vet said she isn’t sure how long term this could be, forgetting the...
  4. S

X-rays next week for teeth and abdomen

Does anyone ever feel as much as they do for their rabbits it isn’t good enough as they seem to get ill so often? I feel like im letting them down. I took Jess to the vets yesterday as she wasn’t acting herself, however still eating (small amounts) and running around. The vets have said she...
  5. S

Jess has been spayed - aftercare

Jess went in for her spay today following the vets advice of bullying between her and her Mum. The op went well however due to her weight they said it was a little more intrusive as she is a larger rabbit. I collected her at 5pm and was told she had eaten and had been syringe fed but hadn’t been...
  6. S

Not eating

Betty stopped eating last night so we took her to the emergency vets and she was admitted. She was given Zantac injection, vetergesic injection, emeprid injection, Fibreplex, ranitidine and emeprid orally during her stay. I had given her some metacam earlier yesterday along with critical care...
  7. S

Advantage spot on treatment <4kg

After some advice and clarification on this advantage spot on. I’m treating my 2 rabbits for fleas as ive seen them on them and have caught a few with a comb. It will be a week tomorrow that I first applied the advantage spot on treatment but when reading the instruction leaflet it says it...
  8. S

Advice on hutch within a run

Hi guys My husband is in the process of building a 76 squared feet outdoor aviary for our 2 rabbits and will have a cat flap into our kitchen so they have 24/7 access to the kitchen and aviary (they will have access to the rest of the house when we're home as they're house rabbits but love the...
  9. S

Pulling fur out

Hi again We have a young female rabbit, approx 1 year old maybe just over and she has had phantom pregnancies in the past, however I came home from work today to find hay all over the floor and she has started to build a nest in the sofa. She's previously dug holes in the arms of the sofa, so...
  10. S

Creating a rabbit room - where to start

Hi guys :wave: You might have seen my previous post about us having to move and having to put the rabbits outside. For financial reasons, I no longer have to move and so the rabbits are staying indoors :D. My partner and I are getting married in June, we are going away for a 3 week honeymoon...
  11. S

Rabbit room or moving them outside?

Hi after a bit of advice.. (Sorry I feel like that's all I do on this website!) We currently own our house but due to my partners job, later this year we will be moving into rented housing. We have 2 rabbits and 2 guinea pigs, all of who live indoors - the guinea pigs have a custom built cage/...
  12. S

Bunny Nature food

Hi has anyone tried any Bunny Nature products? From what I can see the company is based in Germany and delivers to some countries but have only found it on Zooplus with no reviews. I'm particularly interested in the RabbitDream Oral as it says it's meant to help wear down teeth and is designed...
  13. S

Rabbits in the garden and the neighbours cat

Hi currently our rabbits have free range of the house except the kitchen when we're out. They also have free run of the garden too always supervised. However in the summer last year our neighbour brought home a tiny kitten, at first it wasn't a problem as it couldn't jump the fence as it was to...
  14. S

Which room would be best (Dog)

Hi I'm after a bit of advice really. We have 2 rescue rabbits, mum who is around 4 or 5 (she was a stray so unsure of her exact age) and daughter who is around 6 months. Currently they are house rabbits and have free range of the whole house with their food, water, hay and litter tray in the...
  15. S

A meal plan for rabbits

Hi sorry if this has been posted already, I have been searching this forum for a while (guest not a member) looking for something similar and haven't found anything hence why I am now posting. We have two guinea pigs and two rabbits. I had never had guinea pigs growing up so found myself doing...
Back