• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Trufflesmum

Stasis meds

I've just come back from taking Piccolo, our 7 year old lionhead, to the vets as he is in early signs of stasis. I saw the duty vet who wasn't very helpful. She was going to send me away with critical care and ranitidine only. I managed to push for an injection of metoclopramide which she gave...
  2. Trufflesmum

To bond or not to bond, that is the question.

Hi, A bond or not to bond question. We now have five rabbits. Two bonded pairs that live outside (I was previously considering having a trio outside but Truffles one of my girls took an instant dislike to Willow (another girl) so instead I got Willow a nice young husband from the RSPCA. We also...
  3. Trufflesmum

small poos and moulting

Hi, Truffles, a lionhead, seems to be producing smaller poos. I'm pretty certain she hasn't got stasis as she"s lively and eating her hay and veg well. She's drinking and peeing fine. She's gone off her pellets though. Her poos are golden but much smaller than usual. I assume it's to do with...
  4. Trufflesmum

Diagnosing uterine cancer

At last I have had Nala spayed (4th time of trying) and we've just brought her home and she seems to be doing well - eating and pooping, however I have had some unsettling news. The vet was concerned about the look of her uterus that was removed. It looked "bruised and abnormally thickened". The...
  5. Trufflesmum

Thinking of adopting a rabbit with long term health problem - blocked tear duct

I'm thinking about adopting a rabbit a male rabbit for husbun to Nala. I saw this lovely rabbit on the RSPCA website who was then taken off. I rang them up and they told me he has a blocked tear duct and felt they couldn't rehome at the moment. I spoke to their vet. He (Cloud) has had a course...
  6. Trufflesmum

Thoughts on bonding a trio

Apologies in advance for the long winded post. I've tried to capture my thoughts about bonding a trio. Have I missed anything, either positive or negative? I want to make sure I've really thought this through before making a decision. I have 4 buns - 3 outdoors and one indoors. With regards to...
  7. Trufflesmum

Additional run - can it be shared?

Hi, I have an established bonded pair that live on my patio with shed, run and runaround set up. I've also acquired another female bun and have set her up on the patio with large double hutch and run. I've only had her a few weeks (rescued from some unsavoury tenants :( ). She's booked in for...
  8. Trufflesmum

Stasis

Hello, looking for some advice. Our youngest rabbit, Nala, has been with us for a month now and is indoors, she is about six months old. Her pellets are Supreme and she has a few vegetables twice daily, she is cleaned out twice a day and fresh water and a selection of hay is always available...
  9. Trufflesmum

Stasis

Hello, looking for some advice. Our youngest rabbit, Nala, has been with us for a month now and is indoors, she is about six months old. Her pellets are Supreme and she has a few vegetables twice daily, she is cleaned out twice a day and fresh water and a selection of hay is always available...
  10. Trufflesmum

Phantom pregnancy/hay gathering

Hi, Truffles, my 14 month old female rabbit has been busily gathering large mouthfuls of hay all morning and putting them in the hop-in box. Both Truffles and her husbun Piccollo are definitely neutered, so not chance of babies. Could this be signs of a phantom pregnancy? Is there anything I...
  11. Trufflesmum

De-matting a flighty rabbit

Hi all, I have two rescue rabbits Truffles and Piccollo. Piccollo is definitely a Lionhead and I think Truffles must be a mix - she has a few sprouts of long hair on top of her head and behind her ears. Herein lies the problem. As they are both rescues, neither of them have been handled much...
  12. Trufflesmum

Thinking about getting more rescue rabbits

Our two rabbits Truffles and Piccollo are a lovely couple since we bonded them last Summer. There are so many rabbits needing homes, I am now contemplating getting another pair. We have room on the patio for another shed/hutch to house them but I was wondering whether having another pair of...
  13. Trufflesmum

Wet Paws!

Piccollo and Truffles have an outside shed attached to a run on the patio. Both of them don’t seem to mind going out when it’s raining and come back with wet paws. I’ve heard the damp isn’t good for rabbits and so I’m constantly cleaning out the damp hay and straw (the base of the shed has lino...
  14. Trufflesmum

Additional run - where to put it.

My two rabbits Truffles and Piccollo live in an outdoor shed with an attached run (6 x 4 ). This is on our patio and has lighting. I acquired another run, a 6 x 6 Omlet chicken run https://www.omlet.co.uk/shop/chicken_keeping/walk_in_chicken_run/f/31979937586642657a659afbf85f9034/ which we...
  15. Trufflesmum

Bonding - what next?

I have now acquired a husbun for Truffles and they have been living next door to each other for two weeks. Truffles was spayed nearly a month ago and has recovered well, regularly doing bunny 500s and eating well. Apart from some posturing from her on the first day, there has been no aggression...
  16. Trufflesmum

Mesh windows

I took advice from this website when designing my rabbit shed and I've replaced the fixed styrene window with wire mesh. This has worked well over the past few days when we've had nice weather but it's really windy tonight and I'm worried that the shed might be too drafty. I wouldn't want...
  17. Trufflesmum

Bonding - when to get a boyfriend?

I have just got a lovely girl Truffles who is 8 months old. She was previously kept as a house bunny but the people didn't want her and didn't look after too well. I have built a lovely shed for her and am keeping her outside. She isn't yet speyed and the vet who saw her last week said to give...
Back