• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Trufflesmum

Stasis meds

Thank you both very much and sorry for the slow reply. I had a bit of a hectic week. We also found a weasel in the garden (!) , so I was out at all hours adding additional wire mesh to the rabbit runs. Piccolo has made a full recovery, thank goodness. I wish I had more rabbit savvy vets closer...
  2. Trufflesmum

Stasis meds

I've just come back from taking Piccolo, our 7 year old lionhead, to the vets as he is in early signs of stasis. I saw the duty vet who wasn't very helpful. She was going to send me away with critical care and ranitidine only. I managed to push for an injection of metoclopramide which she gave...
  3. Trufflesmum

Boyles Pet Housing has ceased trading

Yes, luckily paid for my shed through PayPal (nearly £800), but started a dispute with PAYPAL Submitting what it said on their website and got my money refunded a few days ago. Phew.
  4. Trufflesmum

To bond or not to bond, that is the question.

Thanks for your comments. No where that close unfortunately that does bonding so I am still deliberating :?
  5. Trufflesmum

To bond or not to bond, that is the question.

Hi, A bond or not to bond question. We now have five rabbits. Two bonded pairs that live outside (I was previously considering having a trio outside but Truffles one of my girls took an instant dislike to Willow (another girl) so instead I got Willow a nice young husband from the RSPCA. We also...
  6. Trufflesmum

small poos and moulting

Thanks. She lives with Piccolo. My husband who is not at all rabbit mad like me, calls them collectively Truffalo!
  7. Trufflesmum

small poos and moulting

Thanks. That's reassuring to know. Do you feed pellets all the time? She had a few this morning morning she had a few pellets, but really seems to get much more excited about forage now. I must sound poo obsessed!:D
  8. Trufflesmum

small poos and moulting

Hi, thanks for your replies and sorry for the slow response. I couldn't seem to press reply on my usual p.c. so couldn't respond. Ye,s I am sure Truffles was really miffed after her visit to the vet, but seemed to be back to her usual self (mood wise) soon after. Her poos are still a bit on the...
  9. Trufflesmum

small poos and moulting

Hi, Truffles, a lionhead, seems to be producing smaller poos. I'm pretty certain she hasn't got stasis as she"s lively and eating her hay and veg well. She's drinking and peeing fine. She's gone off her pellets though. Her poos are golden but much smaller than usual. I assume it's to do with...
  10. Trufflesmum

Diagnosing uterine cancer

Hi Mighty Max and thanks for the message. After a lot of deliberation we've decided not to have any histology tests. I've spoken to a couple of veterinary nurses and as I suspected the test wouldn't tell us if cancer had spread. I know the test could also tell us the results were clear, but if...
  11. Trufflesmum

12. Trufflesmum

Thank you so much. Really helpful.
  13. Trufflesmum

Aww. Thank you.
  14. Trufflesmum

At last I have had Nala spayed (4th time of trying) and we've just brought her home and she seems to be doing well - eating and pooping, however I have had some unsettling news. The vet was concerned about the look of her uterus that was removed. It looked "bruised and abnormally thickened". The...
  15. Trufflesmum

Accident: Update 24th October

Yes wishing you and your bunny all the very very best.
  16. Trufflesmum

Thinking of adopting a rabbit with long term health problem - blocked tear duct

Thank you too MightyMax. Such a difficult decision.
  17. Trufflesmum

Thank you for all the info. I'll have a good read through.
  18. Trufflesmum

Hi there. I think the vet he has elongated tooth roots, but if I recall correctly they were to do with his molars and they were reluctant to take them out.
  19. Trufflesmum

I'm thinking about adopting a rabbit a male rabbit for husbun to Nala. I saw this lovely rabbit on the RSPCA website who was then taken off. I rang them up and they told me he has a blocked tear duct and felt they couldn't rehome at the moment. I spoke to their vet. He (Cloud) has had a course...
  20. Trufflesmum

Thoughts on bonding a trio

Yup. Here he is. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1529381623762730&set=a.101109229923317.2403.100000727220932&type=3&theater
Back