• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. ThePhillips

The bonding of Iddy and Russ - advice after first intro

Iddy is my existing house rabbit and Russ is new to us. Both female. Both spayed. Both rabbits moved outside into seperate hutches 5 weeks ago. Swapped litter trays, toys, then hutch about a week ago trying to get both used to each others scents. Meanwhile they've been in run's next to each...
  2. ThePhillips

Help with bunny behaviour

Definitely re-ierate what roxyroller88 said - goto a Rescue/Animal Sanctuary. Research them in your area because some are more tuned to Bunnies, and will provide a lot of help kicking off a bond. They may want to visit you first to ensure that their bun is going to a rabbit friendly home. Good...
  3. ThePhillips

Russ and Iddy Bonding Update - Two Females

Evening! So, Iddy (my existing neutered house bun) moved out from the house to a hutch. Russ moved in whilst her spay healed. Russ has now moved outside in a hutch next to Iddy. Meanwhile, when its been dry the buns have been out in runs next to each other, and my two legged girls have been...
  4. ThePhillips

Bonding Females

Russ is home after the spay. We've had full on feet out the back, we've had hunched up. She's had her meds for the evening. Russ came to us with a history. She'd been to the vet's twice with sneezing, been on Anti Bi's no change - I was told that she was a sneezy bunny, I even rang the vet that...
  5. ThePhillips

Help! My bonded buns are fighting!

Even if neutered can the time of year just make them nuts? I am reading all manner of articles that all point to the effects of Spring madness - I'm not seeing it as fightin Russ, just a very sharp kick in in hormones (just before she goes in for her spay today). What was a very personable bunny...
  6. ThePhillips

Bonding Females

So its 3:30am and I'm wide awake and its all bunny related. Just doubting everything. Russ goes in for her spay on Fri, so Thursday after work is all about moving the buns around. Russ is really unhappy in her hutch and its upsetting me. She's honking and boxing now when you go near her. I'm...
  7. ThePhillips

What to clean house with to clear House Rabbits scent before bonded pair come back in

Some will be familiar with my story. Current house bun Iddy (girlie) will hopefully start bonding with Russ (turned into a girlie!) who is out in a hutch. Russ is being spayed this week so Russ will come in, Iddy will go into brand new hutch outside. When Russ' stitches are healed and its been a...
  8. ThePhillips

I've lost my nerve...

Hi; i've been reading your thread with interest. I have Iddy who lost her sister at Christmas. We brought in Russ (female!), she gets neutered next week. When I last bonded bunnies it was pre kids and all the commitments that come with that. I remember spending many an afternoon on the kitchen...
  9. ThePhillips

Damping Down Hay

Fantastic guys, we have a really great Equine supplies shop in the village so i'll ask in there and investigate the Timothy Hay. As she goes in for spaying friday next week I want to make sure shes comfortable... and not irritated. :0) Love this forum x
  10. ThePhillips

Damping Down Hay

I've adopted a bun, potential partner for Iddy - Russ the girl (being spayed next week) who suffers with dust allergy with her hay. Totally unrelated, different rescue centres and not living together with my bunnies I have a Guinea Pig with the same problem. I need a convenient way of giving...
  11. ThePhillips

Bonding Females

:0) I left the original vet. I sent a letter in voicing my concerns. Received a phone call back. Moved to a better vet now.
  12. ThePhillips

Bonding Females

Oh wow those were excellent links! Thank you so much. The Fatfluff link was great, really made me think this could be possible. It's definitely clear I need to hutch for the existing house rabbit to give me time to desensitise the house and its contents. I think we'll sort that once Russ is back...
  13. ThePhillips

Bonding Females

I've been away from the forum since Christmas, we took on two little sisters last year and when they were old enough they were spayed. Biddy didn't survive, she suffered Gut Stasis as she had adhesions inside and the Vet had to handle more of her gut than he would have liked and she was under...
  14. ThePhillips

Bonding females!

Hello - I keep nipping in and out of the forums and saw your post, how's it going?
  15. ThePhillips

Returning to Forum: New Buns: Spaying Complications and Stasis

Hi everyone. Sorry we haven't been in touch. We lost Biddy on Christmas Day morning between 3 and 7am. I know because my youngest was throwing up at 3am so I was downstairs putting the devastation in the wash and Biddy was still alive. When I came down when the kids actually got up to open...
  16. ThePhillips

I've been giving both pain meds. They have Metacam. Iddy's doing really well, but Biddy is just not interested at all. We've got Emeprid and Zantac Syrup 3 times a day, Avipro powder for on the food. I read the attachments above and have tried the pellets in a little water in a syringe. We're...
  17. ThePhillips

Hello - Merry Christmas! I used to be on here many moons ago when we had bun's before babies arrived, now the baies are older we're back on track with our House Bunnies. Our buns arrived in Sept and are now 6 months old. Two sisters, Iddy and Biddy. Two Dwarf lops. I booked them in for spaying...
  18. ThePhillips

What sealant can I use for my house rabbit's HQ?

Howdy - we've not actually got our bun's yet - we're taking the time to get the place bunny proof. When I had bun's previously we had dog cages, and despite best efforts the contents of the litter tray ended up spilling out at the back and sides. So this time round I want to add some panelling...
Back