• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. K

Lost my little Hampton today

My little Hampton pig chops died today after 4 long years of sheer fun with him. As you all know, I've had one hell of an awful year with my Husband doing the dirty and now this. He was an old boy though in pig years and lived life to the full. He was not too bright on friday, but still ate...
  2. K

very hard decision - my beautiful buns for rehoming

Hello everyone Ive had to make the very hard decison to give up my 2 beautiful bunnies for rehoming. I pm-d Tamsin about this last night, and she has been so helpful and extremely supportive and ok'd me to put a message on here to help me find them a loving new home. As you know I gave...
  3. K

America's next furry top model!!!

He followed Chris all over the garden anywhere he sat on the grass with the camera!! he just stood there looking at him with his daft garfield ears!! He had me in stitches!! He later kept chasing a big fat wood-pigeon round the garden!! :lol:
  4. K

This world makes me so angry at times

My Husband has just called to say that he heard on our local news, that the in thing around here is throwing bunnies over a 7 foot fence into the animal enclosure to one of our parks. Therefore they are either throwing them into the rabbit enclosure cos theyve got bored of them, or throwing...
  5. K

My friends rabbit Jasper has gut statis - Sad news

My friend Vianne has a gorgeous lionhead called Jasper, and he's really very poorly and she's asked me to put a post up to ask for your help and advice. It started wednesday and they sent her away with a packet of recovery science. He stopped eating and would only drink if syringed and also...
  6. K

Now its Ralf's turn...

He was slumped in his litter-tray this morning, and had passed a giant stuck together dropping. He was off his food, but when I got home (had terrible panick on all day) he'd eaten his breakfast (every bit) and some hay. Got home tonight, and he's eaten some tea too. He's not his usual...
  7. K

Is Excel "Lite" ok to give bunnies long term?

Was just wondering, as I am in process of introducing this to the buns normal super excel in hope of stopping the normal excel, as Ralf keeps getting more squishy droppings than he should and heard on here that the "lite one" has more fibre. It certainly does, the old excel has something like...
  8. K

POPPY POORLY, PLEASE HELP!!!

Im so worried, got to go to work now, but my Husband is home to check on Poppy, and will take her to the vets if necessary. Poppy is laid in her litter tray and wont eat. She ate her tea last night, and the only thing I gave her that was different was a very small handful of grass with a few...
  9. K

Someone advertising hutch as "hamster hutch!!"

Could someone who is registered with e-bay please advise this seller that an outdoor hutch is not suitable for hamsters!! I am not registered with e-bay, so I cannot do this. This is the advert:- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=301&item=4364124697&rd=1 Thanks...
  10. K

Odd bunny behaviour at breakfast time...

I just thought I'd ask if anyone here has ever experienced anything like this before with their bunnies, and if it is anything to worry about? Over the last week, I have gone into the shed as normal to feed Poppy and Ralf (only ever happened at breakfast time), and she will be binkying around...
  11. K

Question about a beloved lop I lost 15 yrs ago (long story)

Its something that has bugged me ever since I lost this bunny and I have always wanted to know if he had been mis-diagnosed? I got my very first dwarf lop when I was 12, he was 6 weeks old and I had him for 3 happy years. (I wont mention the name of the place I got him from on the forum as I...
  12. K

SNOW BUNNY!! (Now snow-bunnies!!)

Heres Ralf enjoying this morning's snow!!
  13. K

Advice needed!!

hello, I put up this post yesterday, but no-one replied so not sure if I posted it right, or if no-one knew the answer??? Could anyone tell me if walnut branches are ok to give to the rabbits, so they can peel the bark off?? I know they love apple trees and pear trees but not sure if a walnut...
  14. K

Photos of my animals I promised!

Hi everyone, here are a small selection of photos of Ralf (lionhead), Poppy (lop) and Hampton (guinea). We are going out to go and take some more now so you can see the wendyhouse etc!! :lol: Ralf Poppy Hampton Daft Pig-Chops! I'll add some recent ones later!
  15. K

Hello at last!!

:wave: I'm Kerri, 29 (nearly 30!!) and I've been reading the forum for the last couple of wks (off work for 6 wks following another operation) so have finally got to registering! I currently have one abyssinian guinea pig called Hampton, a mini dwarf lop called Poppy, and a tan lionhead called...
Back