• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. N

How to tell if pregnant

Hi All, Im going to cut a long story short. I have 2 rabbits that are sisters, a lady whose rabbit had babies brought them to where I work to be sexed and I fell in love and had them. That was a few months ago. She has got in touch and asked if I want their sister. I said no... I have 11, I...
  2. N

So happy!

I had to cancel my Willows spay as she had a cold and I wasn't prepared to put her under anaesthetic when she was being treated with Baytril and Biolapsis and the vet wouldn't have done it anyway. Thing is... we were going to wait 2 weeks post spay and try to bond willow and Scooby. Now her spay...
  3. N

Me again....... more questions!!

So..... Willow has now been in our house for 2 weeks now. On the advice of you here we stopped the meets between Scooby and Willow as he had made her scream (although he didn't injure or bite her) he just growled and acted a bit aggressive. The biggest problem we have got is that because Scooby...
  4. N

Bonding not going great...

So..... because Scooby is so laid back and friendly I thought that bonding would be really easy, its proving a challenge though and I know some of that is probably me being a little over cautious but this is where were at....... we have been letting them meet on the sofa for 20 minute bursts, I...
  5. N

Im Scared!!!

I don't know if anyone remembers my awful experience where my Rex rabbit killed my gaint baby doe. Breeder gave us Scooby for free (male giant continental) he has been free run around our house ever since we got him, he is now 8 months old, neutered, has always been really chilled out and laid...
  6. N

My Good Deed

I am going to do a charity day and go and spend the day helping a rabbit rescue. I am really excited and hope I don't see anything that will make me cry!! Cant believe so many rabbits end up cast aside, just find it hard to believe that people generally (not just rabbits) get an animal without...
  7. N

Goodbye Teddy

So... do you all remember Teddy, he was rescued and didn't like people very much. After being unable to bond him he went to live with my daughter as an only rabbit. She did wonders with him and he was very very happy. Sadly he passed very quickly on Wednesday night. She is utterly devastated. At...
  8. N

Not sure what to do!!

So... Just a bit of history so you can advise best.... I have 1 giant that live indoors (soon to be 2) I have peter and velvet a bonded male/female pair, 2 sisters that live together and a single male who is a bit feisty and tragically ended up killing one of my rabbits that I would have bonded...
  9. N

Decisions Decisions.......

So...... I have 6 rabbits, 2 pairs and 2 singles. My 2 pairs are great, no concerns! My 2 singles.... don't know if anyone remembers but I have Rex who is a little black rex rabbit with attitude!! Someone on here got me interested in continental giants so I bought a female with the intention of...
  10. N

A food problem

All of my bunnies are fed the science selective pellets. When I got my giant the breeder has always fed her rabbits on rabbit royale so I bought that and decided to feed it for a week to allow him to settle and then start mixing in the science selective pellets and gradually increase the science...
  11. N

Hollly's Brother

We made the decision to take up the offer we were made to have Holly's brother. He is an Opal Continental Giant and we have called him Scooby, he is similar to Holly in every way and whilst she cannot be replaced it eases a bit of the pain to give her brother a home
  12. N

How Kind Is This!!!

I have had some of my faith restored. After losing my beautiful Holly is such horrible circumstances as you can imagine I was dreading having to tell the lady who bred her. But we had agreed to keep in contact, it was really important to her that she could have updates on Holly and know how she...
  13. N

Devastated beyond belief

It is with a very heavy heart I write this post..... we had recently got a beautiful continental doe to bond with Rex. Only had her 10days..... they have been sniffing through bars and been in runs outdoors next to each other. Last night while feeding and changing litter trays I didn't realised...
  14. N

How many do you have?

Just wondered how many bunnies you all have?? I went out to get 1 a year ago... came back with 2... then got another single then got that one a friend and did a bond, then got another single and ive just picked up a continental giant to pair with my single so I now have 6 which once they are...
  15. N

Rabbiy V Hares

Went to look at some bunnies and there was a litter of Belgian Hares, the cutest looking things ever!! Both myself and my daughter fell in love!! Mum was ever so friendly and despite us being strangers was more than happy to let us stroke her babies. Anyone here got hares? How do they differ to...
  16. N

Seperate or add a friend

So... if anyone remembers the first 2 rabbits I got were litter mate sisters! I then quickly got another female and acquired a male, I wanted to bond the male and female so had to get them neutered as the priority, I was saving up to get the girls done when they started squabbling a bit... well...
  17. N

Advice needed for a friend

Nothing more embarrassing that when your friends think cause you own rabbits and work with them you know everything!! Had a phone call earlier (told her I would call her back lol) Anyway my friend rang and said she is having some problems with her rabbit.... its not her first rabbit although her...
  18. N

Different hay

Ive been ordering hay from timothy hay and recently a friend of mine said I could buy a bale from her farm for £5. Its very soft sweet smelling hay but unfortunately none of my rabbits are eating it! Another friend said what did I expect after feeding them timothy hay but that they would...
  19. N

What does this humping mean?

Wondering why this occurred..... Peter and Velvet were out in their run today (both neutered).... Rex was free run in the garden cause I was out there pottering around.... he hasn't met Peter and Velvet and he approached their run.... there was a lot of sniffing but he wasn't overly particularly...
  20. N

What to do.......

I need some advice. I have 5 rabbits, all 5 are neutered. I have two sisters (cola and honey) that live together, velvet and peter (m/f not related) that live together and rex (m) who lives indoors as ive only had him since end Nov so way too cold to go outdoors!! Anyhow Peter and Velvet are...
Back