• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. N

To bond or not to bond, that is the question.

I had a single bunny Rex who has always been very territorial and a bit aggressive, I was going to bond him with a female but before we even got to the introducing stage we had a mishap... long story short he attacked her and she had to be PTS due to her injuries, she was only 12 weeks old and...
  2. N

How to tell if pregnant

Hi All, Im going to cut a long story short. I have 2 rabbits that are sisters, a lady whose rabbit had babies brought them to where I work to be sexed and I fell in love and had them. That was a few months ago. She has got in touch and asked if I want their sister. I said no... I have 11, I...
  3. N

So happy!

I had to cancel my Willows spay as she had a cold and I wasn't prepared to put her under anaesthetic when she was being treated with Baytril and Biolapsis and the vet wouldn't have done it anyway. Thing is... we were going to wait 2 weeks post spay and try to bond willow and Scooby. Now her spay...
  4. N

Outdoor rabbits in winter - So cold, brrrr / WIM!

I get everything ready inside, hay, food, litter trays then do one at a time so im constantly in and out, that way I don't get too cold, and I make a big pot of tea and refill every time I come in!!!
  5. N

Where did your rabbit come from?

Cola and Holly - From someone we knew who had rabbits that had a litter Peter - From my daughter (I had Ted and she had Peter but we found that we could each give the other rabbit what it needed better so we swopped) Velvet - PAH Scooby - Breeder Rex - PAH adoption, one of the store rabbits but...
  6. N

Bonder disaster

I don't know.... those bars give them some confidence! The baby female is very timid but in the safety of her cage she is very friendly, wants to say hello and I can stroke her through the cage and they sniff but she runs a mile when that door is open!! Good luck!! x
  7. N

Bonder disaster

I can sympathise with you..... the first bond I did (which was pure luck)was love at first sight and the bond took about a minute!! So when we got Scooby who is an incredibly laid back gentle giant I assumed it would be as easy as before but no!! He started behaving in a way that I didn't...
  8. N

Junior Nuggets

Scooby is 9 months and still on junior food, I really ought to change him over!! Woodlands have just bought out a range of nuggets for rabbits and guinea pigs, they have a similar content in the recipe to selective
  9. N

Me again....... more questions!!

Yes we are going to wait, today wasn't a planned meet I was just feeding her and he approached as she climbed onto my knee. I just wanted to know that the smelly poo will at some point stop and reassurance that its a good sign that he no longer really takes as much notice of her?
  10. N

Sleep tight little Quincy

Thinking of you. Go to binky free over the rainbow. RIP
  11. N

Me again....... more questions!!

So..... Willow has now been in our house for 2 weeks now. On the advice of you here we stopped the meets between Scooby and Willow as he had made her scream (although he didn't injure or bite her) he just growled and acted a bit aggressive. The biggest problem we have got is that because Scooby...
  12. N

Hi There

Welcome.... it is quite addictive this bunny owning, my daughter plagued us for one for a couple of years and we caved for her 11th birthday, that was 18 months ago and we now have 7.........
  13. N

Bonding not going great...

They are the same breed, continental giants but obviously at the moment he is about 3 times the size of her!! They have only really spent at a maximum of 2 to 3 minutes a day together, I tend to have her up on the sofa with me and we wait for him to come up on his own, when he does he gets a bit...
  14. N

She does seem to be a "screamer", I hadn't ever heard it before but she has screamed twice now and both times to be fair to Scooby he hadn't marked her, I guess its quite frightening being so tiny with a big bunny climbing all over you, she is really quite happy sitting on the sofa with me, I...
  15. N

So..... because Scooby is so laid back and friendly I thought that bonding would be really easy, its proving a challenge though and I know some of that is probably me being a little over cautious but this is where were at....... we have been letting them meet on the sofa for 20 minute bursts, I...
  16. N

Im Scared!!!

Where is that based?
  17. N

Im Scared!!!

That's a really lovely offer and if you lived down the road I would snap your hand off but you live quite a way from me!! Thank you though, so kind x
  18. N

Im Scared!!!

I don't know if anyone remembers my awful experience where my Rex rabbit killed my gaint baby doe. Breeder gave us Scooby for free (male giant continental) he has been free run around our house ever since we got him, he is now 8 months old, neutered, has always been really chilled out and laid...
  19. N

My Good Deed

Well I did my day and met some wonderful people and some gorgeous bunnies!! I did hear a few stories of the state rabbits come in but until parents wise up and make their children take responsibility or become responsible themselves its going to continue to happen. The first 2 rabbits we got...
  20. N

My Good Deed

I am going to do a charity day and go and spend the day helping a rabbit rescue. I am really excited and hope I don't see anything that will make me cry!! Cant believe so many rabbits end up cast aside, just find it hard to believe that people generally (not just rabbits) get an animal without...
Back