• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. IndigoRabbit

Please Help me Protect my New Rabbits

Thanks so much for replying, everybody. Some stuff was stuff I'd been doing already, and some was new. Both were really useful though as it's good to know what I am doing well as well as extra things I can do to improve. :)
  2. IndigoRabbit

Good point. I've always done this, but I will be more strict with my family doing so too.
  3. IndigoRabbit

Horace the Bold, Thanks so much! *Adds to list.* :)
  4. IndigoRabbit

Thanks. :) I did used to do all that (partially by coincidence, I'll admit!), but it's good to know that I need to keep on. :)
  5. IndigoRabbit

Don't worry, I read all about the problems with shavings. It's if the shavings are too fine and if they have any sort of smell agent added to them. I was sure to make them big enough not to be inhaled and I got ones that were just in their natural state w/o any perfume. I also made sure they...
  6. IndigoRabbit

Don't worry, I read all about the problems with shavings. It's if the shavings are too fine and if they have any sort of smell agent added to them. I was sure to make them big enough not to be inhaled and I got ones that were just in their natural state w/o any perfume. I also made sure they...
  7. IndigoRabbit

Omi, thanks so much for replying. Okay, I think I'll go for a bowl then. I always used to worry myself that they weren't drinking nearly enough! Moth & Ziggy were Nethies, so I kept them in really big enclosures. I filled the base of them with soft wood shavings - that's what I mean by changing...
  8. IndigoRabbit

Hello everyone, I've been posting a lot on this forum recently and everybody's been so kind and helpful so I thought it wouldn't be too bad to ask some more questions. I've recently lost two beautiful bunnies (but I'm not going to go into that again :cry: ) to VHD2/RHD2. I learnt only...
  9. IndigoRabbit

Moth and Ziggy aren't here anymore.

I just want to thank everyone for their kind words. Although they don't magic my babies back, they make it a little easier. You've all said things that I hadn't thought of and make it a bit more bearable. Especially the fact that if I hadn't adopted them, they may not have known what it was like...
  10. IndigoRabbit

Moth and Ziggy aren't here anymore.

Both of my rabbits were taken from me on Tuesday. I woke up proud owner of two beautiful bunnies planning our first Christmas together and at night I didn't have either of them. I've not been very well at all this year and so for my birthday, my parents said I could get my rabbits. They've...
  11. IndigoRabbit

Che Passed Away

I'm so sorry you lost him. :( Don't blame yourself - I know you gave him the best life he could have had. And that wouldn't (probably) have been the case if someone else adopted him. I've just lost my two beautiful bunnies too so I know how you feel and wish you all the luck in the world. Stay...
  12. IndigoRabbit

New strand of VHD in UK? Please Advise.

tonibun, they really do. I'm glad I wouldn't need to wait very long, but I will be absolutely certain I'm choosing absolutely the right pair before I adopt. Thanks so much.
  13. IndigoRabbit

Horace the Bold, Oh, it's good that you can order it in. I'm glad you think my idea of adopting a pair from a rescue is a good idea. I've loved having two bunnies. I couldn't have imagined how different their personalities would be!
  14. IndigoRabbit

Omi, it really is. The only merciful thing is that it's short-lived. :(
  15. IndigoRabbit

MightyMax, thank you so much for all your kind thoughts. It feels good to know there are people out there who understand and I'm so grateful that this forum is so kind and helpful. My rabbits were quite young, which makes it worse, but I really did give them everything I could.
  16. IndigoRabbit

Thank you, everyone. :)
  17. IndigoRabbit

Shimmer, Thank you so much for all that. I think I am way too scared to reuse bottles, and I hear anything wooden is hard to get scent and infection out of. But I will definitely wash all my clothes with it and I think I might reuse the bowls in the way you suggested. Of course I will vaccinate...
  18. IndigoRabbit

Hele, Thank you so much for replying. I agree about the hutches: you can't be too over-cautious. We've disposed of them. Thank you for all the information. I didn't know that VHD2 existed unfortunately, although I really was thorough in my research. Luckily, the vet I see is very kind and has...
  19. IndigoRabbit

Hi, I'm really sad to say that I've lost my two best friends within 24 hours. They were my only friends and they've helped me through so much and I just couldn't help them in the end. They were fine one minute and then they were fitting and were gone. When the second one started acting like the...
  20. IndigoRabbit

Male Rabbits humping: Please advise!!

Thanks, yours do too. I'm so lucky! x
Back