• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. L

bunnies stressed

I got an AC, so that my bunnies wont die of heat stroke (it's in the 90s F here now--30s C, I think). Problem is they hate hate hate the noise it makes, Everytime I put it on, the flop on tyheir side and look angry and sad and run and hide. I've never seen them so stressed and angry. Any one...
  2. L

heart attack?

What happens to a rabbit when it has a heart attack. I just scared my bunny, and now he is panting really hard and lying down. I think I'll have killed him??!!!! Please don't laugh I'm freaking out :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
  3. L

Nethie eye goo

So, my netherland dwarf has a little blob of goo on her eye. (It looks like the stuff in the top pictures not the bottom pictures on the following site. Don't click if you are eating breakfast! ) http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Eye_diseases/Discharge/eye_discharge.htm Has anyone experienced this...
  4. L

Head shaking

There's a lot of head shaking around here. Could it be ear mites?
  5. L

Whimpering sound?

Does anyone's rabbit whimper? It's not a scream, and she makes it in times when she seems otherwise okay. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
  6. L

How long does a molt last?

I feel like I've been plucking loose hairs off of Coney for weeks! :roll:
  7. L

My buns

This is Mexitli looking scared. and this is COney looking curious.
  8. L

Mouse in kitchen!

Okay, I'm not as much of an animal lover as some of you. I HATE mice, and my boyfriend just spotted one in the kitchen. (I'm a bit embarrassed to admit...) Now I'm afraid that it will get upstairs and into the rabbits room. It's their room, so I pretty much let them keep it as they like, which...
  9. L

Oat Hay? treat or free choice?

Hi Everybody. I have a question about oat hay. I usually give timothy, but I picked up a bit of oxbow oat hay to give a bit of variety. They LOVE the oat hay, and scarf it right up. So, knowing how anything that I enjoy is terrible for me :lol: , I wondered if oat hay should be considered a...
  10. L

Toenail trimming tips?

How do you trim the toenails of a rabbit who does not want her toenails trimmed? What's the best way to do it without cutting her or traumatizing her? Thanks for your tips! Lauren
  11. L

What's vitamin e for?

I noticed vitamin e was listed in the first aid kit suggestions. What's that for? Just curious...
  12. L

Bonding: Help!

My two bunnies can be together in the same room without fighting, but they don't seem to like each other. They ignore each other and do things to taunt each other (it seems to me). They go in each other's cages, and nip at each other a bit. I wonder if I tried to bond them too fast and now they...
  13. L

Cleaning bunnies' feet?

Kind of a silly question: My bunnies' feet are dirty. They are black on the bottom just from hopping about on newspaper and on the floor. Is there any good way to clean just their feet?
  14. L

Pictures of my buns

The one on the top is Mexitli, the one on the bottom is Coney.
  15. L

Bun eating plastic???

Hi. First of all, I don't know if you remember, but my new bun was sick on here a few weeks ago. She's okay now. Thanks to all who had advice. She's still a bit standoffish, but healthy as can be. Now, I have another question. My other bun has been eatiung a rubber mat that is on my floor. I...
  16. L

New Bunny Mom

Hello. I am a new bunny mom, I just adopted a little dutch boy named Coney and a netherland dwarf girl named Mexitli (pronounced Mex-eat-lee: it's the name of an Aztec rabbit god). I am a student and live in Chicago. I want to include some pictures of my cute little buns, but I can't figure...
  17. L

One play space, two cages

Okay, last question for today. I have two bunnies in separate cages, but in one room. I open the cage doors one at a time, so give them liberty to run about. They sniff at each other through the bars. However, my boy bunny sometimes gets very antsy and seems upset in his cage when the little...
  18. L

Syringe feeding. Is it big deal if she nips at the plastic?

Is it bad for the bunny to nip at the end of the plastic syringe when I feed her?
  19. L

New Bun, sick bun: How do I make her not hate me?

Hi. I posted on here a few days ago about a new bunny that I just got that was spayed the day before I brought her home. SHe is in pain now, and wasn't eating, so I took her to the vet, got painreliver, appetite stimulant and Critical Care food. I have to feed her out of a syringe twice a day...
  20. L

New Bunny owner--I don't know if I should worry or not.

Hi. I just got two new bunnies from the pound. One is a dwarf female (Mexitli) and the other is a very small dutch male (Coney). They were both fixed day before yesterday. I know that this time must be very stressful for them, as they just had surgery and just came to a new home. Add to that...
Back