• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. L

bunnies stressed

I got an AC, so that my bunnies wont die of heat stroke (it's in the 90s F here now--30s C, I think). Problem is they hate hate hate the noise it makes, Everytime I put it on, the flop on tyheir side and look angry and sad and run and hide. I've never seen them so stressed and angry. Any one...
  2. L

heart attack?

Thank you so much for your response. He jumped over the wall of his enclosure, and I had to grab him and pick him back in. And, he never likes to be picked up much, but this time he just seemed to really not like it. It's just that I didn't have a box up there to move him in, and I needed to get...
  3. L

heart attack?

What happens to a rabbit when it has a heart attack. I just scared my bunny, and now he is panting really hard and lying down. I think I'll have killed him??!!!! Please don't laugh I'm freaking out :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
  4. L

help!!!!

Well, its kind of the human equivalent of catnip too, so no surprises there... :D
  5. L

Birthday cake/ treat??

I've heard that iceburg lettuce is bad, but that green leaf, red leaf, romaine, etc. are okay. Is that not true? Happy Birthday to your buns! :D
  6. L

Bunny Spayed WHAT TO DO?!?!

This is just what happened to my bun. You should take her to the vet and get a gut stimulant and pain reliever to give her over the next couple days. I hope she's okay!
  7. L

Sneezing...causes?

I _think_ dust can make them sneeze? If they just sneeze once and a while that might be it. But if it is usual, then I don't know, maybe tooth problems?
  8. L

Bunny Spayed WHAT TO DO?!?!

Hi nutcracker. Make sure that she is both eating and pooping, is the big thing. Also, I've heard people say that you should try to leave them on a smooth surface for the first couple of days (like a piece of newspaper rather then wood shavings or anything that might irritate her stitches). Make...
  9. L

Stressed!

I know what you mean about the stress. I had a dream last night that I had dozens of buns and they kept jumping out of windows, and chewing on wires, and getting prgenant and I kept finding dead buns!!!! :( :( :( :( :( But then I woke up and I had only two bunnies, both bouncy and alive...
  10. L

Bleeding Bunny?

Mine broke a claw once, but it made just a little smeary trail of blood. If it was a big pool of "blood," I bet that it was pee. My bunny's pee is always red, but sometimes it was very deep red, and it looks like blood. It doesn't seem to correspond with any particular food, necesarily, either...
  11. L

How do you wash/clean a rabbit??

But babies don't lick their bums! :shock: :lol: :lol:
  12. L

Litter training plz help

I used to have five litterboxes, now am down to three. I just found, stick a litter box wherever they pee, and then take them away as they settle on which ones are their favorites. Also, keep the litterboxes clean. If the litter box gets too smelly, my buns will pee right next to it as a form of...
  13. L

veg daily? poll

A couple of stupid questions: 1) what's the difference between dried grass and hay? I thought hay WAS dried grass :?: :?: 2) With Fennel, should you feed the leaves or the root? I always see fennel root at the supermarket, but I don't see the leaves so often... Thanks, experts! :D
  14. L

wood shaving???? interesting please read!!

I've heard that cedar and pine used long-term cause liver damage, but that aspen shavings are okay. Unfortunately, the aspen ones are a bit more expensive (at least in the usa). I don't know what other woods there are, because those are the only three I've seen...
  15. L

biting nails

Could you file the raggediness down with a file yourself, rather than cut it? Then you wouldn't make him bleed, and he might leave it alone if it was smooth...
  16. L

rabbit scuffle!!!

Could you try putting some wire fencing half way down the hutch to separate them, but so they could still smell and see each other? Then just try bonding them slowly and keep an eye on them until you feel comfortable taking the divider out? If they were recently spayed, maybe they still have...
  17. L

rabbit urine???

Coney's has always been red, but recently it has become a very deep deep red. I don't know if he's dehydrated? He has water available all day...
  18. L

veg daily? poll

Oh, and Adele: Can they get enough vitamins from Hay? I know the fiber and protein etc. are goodin hay, but I worry that it will lead to vitamin dificiencies if I don't give a bit of veg.
  19. L

veg daily? poll

I was giving veg daily, but recently one of my buns is leaving a lot of soft cecal pellets in the morning, so I'm going to cut back the amount. I was giving a couple of stalks of cilantro, a half a carrot and maybe a bit of cabbage. One of the buns has no problem, but the other is leaving soft...
  20. L

Nethie eye goo

Thanks, everybody. I'll keep an "eye" on it, and see if the problem reoccurs, thanks for the tip, Louise.
Back