• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. gemmaloveslugs

Did I make the right choice?

Hi, I had my little bun put to sleep last week and I'm feeling so devastated and also guilty that I made a mistake. Id had my little bunny Lugs from a baby, from the age of around 4 she began having reoccurring stasis several times a year which i nursed her through every time ( with medication...
  2. gemmaloveslugs

X-ray

Hi No, the vet didn't actually say when to come off the Ranitidine so i thought as her stasis seemed so much better she no longer needed it but i have now put her back on it twice a day after your advice, thank you. I really hope the medicines that are causing her messy poo don't cause her to...
  3. gemmaloveslugs

X-ray

Hi, Sorry for the late update and thank you all for your advice :wave: So on Lugs last vet visit i saw my usual vet who is brilliant and not the other vet who i had to see during Lugs stasis. My regular vet disagreed with the other vet and said she wouldn't want to X-ray at Lugs age, which i...
  4. gemmaloveslugs

X-ray

Yes she has had 0.5ml of ranitidine since Monday afternoon twice a day, she also said her protein levels were low and something to do with not absorbing, she said she could have an infection which is why some results are showing as they are, she is now on Baytril twice a day, i didn't fully...
  5. gemmaloveslugs

X-ray

If your bunny was her age would you allow GA or would you insist they try another way? x
  6. gemmaloveslugs

X-ray

Hi yes, she seems on the road to recovery as she is eating much more hay & forage now and a few pellets, she isn't right yet but it's going in the right direction. Her blood results have made me feel an anxious wreck though, Im due to see a more experienced vet tomorrow who is going to...
  7. gemmaloveslugs

X-ray

She had blood tests yesterday that showed signs of anaemia and inflammation, she's currently recovering from a bad stasis, she is now eating and pooping on her own but they said the look of her results could possibly point to a tumour but they aren't sure, i would have assumed gut inflammation...
  8. gemmaloveslugs

X-ray

Hi My poorly bunny may need an X-ray tomorrow, they say she will need a GA for this, i really don't want her to have a GA as she is 10 this year, they said they can take the X-ray from above but it would not be effective and a waste of money. Has anyone had their bunny X-rayed while awake? if...
  9. gemmaloveslugs

Sore Hocks - Penicillin Injections?

That's perfect thank you, i have found lots of different creams suggested on here which is a great help x
  10. gemmaloveslugs

Thank you very much for your advice, the results of the swabs have come back and the vet said the type of bacteria she has isn't actually treatable with Penicillin so she said to carry on for now giving Metacam and using F10, although i may browse on here and see if there are any other...
  11. gemmaloveslugs

It's quite red with a small round pale white part on the hock, there's no bleeding or open sores luckily, her next appointment is on Wednesday so i expect they will advise to take the swabs.
  12. gemmaloveslugs

That's good to hear, she has the little flap of fur but underneath that it's just skin and the heel part has no fur covering it :(
  13. gemmaloveslugs

Hi :wave: One hock is worse than the other, the bad one looks very much like the picture in your link ( the Paula Carter one) have you had any success with Penicillin injections as from what the vet has said there is some risk involved? is it a case that if Penicillin is needed for the type of...
  14. gemmaloveslugs

Thank you for the reply, it was unfortunately my fault as it was caused by me using carpet in her enclosure, i was unaware of rabbit hock problems at the time and i have wasted a lot of time with vets who didn't know enough about rabbits, but this vet seems very well informed which is a relief...
  15. gemmaloveslugs

Hi My bunny has been suffering with sore hocks for quite a long time, it's been a case of maintaining them and keeping her comfortable on Metacam and as soft bedding as possible and putting F10 on her feet with very regular vet checks and helpful tips from the forum members. I'm now with a...
  16. gemmaloveslugs

Angry inflamed hocks again!

Hi My bunny is also suffering with sore hocks, we purchased a carpet that was the thickest pile available in the uk thinking that would be fine for our buns feet but unfortunately we were wrong and her hocks became very red and bare, so i wouldn't recommend changing your carpet thinking that...
  17. gemmaloveslugs

Sore Feet

Yes she does, we did try bonding her when she was younger but she just wouldn't have none of it unfortunately. It probably is why she stamps, she always stops when i give her some fuss even though i'm like a zombie that time in the morning :lol: x
  18. gemmaloveslugs

Sore Feet

No i haven't :lol: she is SO wriggly, i can just about manage to give her the medicines but she is constantly trying to get away from me which leaves me with scratches everywhere, probably my own fault, she hated being picked up from day one so i avoided it to not cause her stress which has...
  19. gemmaloveslugs

Sore Feet

I take her to the nurse regularly for nail trims, i wish i could just do it myself but she hates being held yet she lets the nurses do anything to her :roll: x
  20. gemmaloveslugs

Sore Feet

Thank you for the links, after reading the Medirabbit one it says it's rarer but thumping can cause sore hocks, now Lugs is very much a 3am stomper, no idea why she does it, when i go and check on her she stops for the rest of the night so i don't know if that could be playing its part at all x
Back