• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. HMacU2

Caught them snuggling

Thanks everyone!
  2. HMacU2

Caught them snuggling

I don’t often post but I thought I’d share a picture of Harris and Iona having a rarely caught snuggle! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  3. HMacU2

Rabbit 'sitting circle' in Scotland?

I use pitlessie rabbit retreat and they’ve always been amazing with my bunnies medication and photos during their stay!
  4. HMacU2

Administering Metacam

With it being a Veterinary Only Prescription medication, legally no-one but a qualified vet can advise on this. I have had cases where I’ve called a vet to ask and they have given the okay to administer and other cases where they would want the pet seen first. There are some cases where giving...
  5. HMacU2

Intubating a Rabbit During a GA

I guess there’s always a risk of trauma of intubating anything - I’m sure there’s discussions as to whether cats have a higher GA risk from intubation for short procedures when compared with a face mask. Plus it must increase the resistance to respiration due to the narrow sizes used. However I...
  6. HMacU2

Vet Names vs Real Names

I fostered a bunny from work (vets) that the owner couldn’t manage anymore and let the vet loose on her file. So I have a Fluffkin Megatron on my account... I had her PTS not long after so it just stuck! Also from working at a vets - don’t be embarrassed! We love funny/unusual names - makes...
  7. HMacU2

Almost had a hand rear...

She was found on a busy road. Had a teeny superficial wound which threw us because cats/dogs/foxes normally leave bigger punctures. SSPCA said they’ve seen a few with smaller wounds like this that have been picked up by birds but managed to be dropped or escape!
  8. HMacU2

Almost had a hand rear...

As per the title! However managed to get her to the SSPCA for some proper wildlife rehab! I thought you’d enjoy a picture of teeny bunny before we left her in a dark room to de-stress! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  9. HMacU2

RWAF silver / gold Rabbit Friendly Accreditation

Hi! I’m a nurse at a Silver Rabbit Friendly practice. We had a lengthy questionnaire that asked us numbers of rabbits we neuter, anaesthetic protocols, anaesthetic monitoring equipment, OOHs, dental equipment, imaging equipment, analgesic protocols. Also asked our protocols for guts stasis...
  10. HMacU2

Out of hours fees

We’re £220 <11pm And £260 >11pm That’s for the consult so treatment/hospitalisation are on top of this
  11. HMacU2

spay a bunny who’s partner is having to wait?

Basically it’s so the practice has written evidence that the client is aware that the medication is off licence - your vet will always be happy to go through it with you Thankfully our computer system flags up off licence medication when they’re prescribed and automatically gives the option to...
  12. HMacU2

spay a bunny who’s partner is having to wait?

Generally yes an Off Licence form should be discussed and signed. Where I work we have individual ones for cats and dogs for each medication but for small mammals including rabbits we have a one-off form confirming consent for off licence medication to be used for that animal. This is because...
  13. HMacU2

Snow bunnies

Harris and Iona enjoying some snow time while their shed is deep cleaned! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  14. HMacU2

U/D Vibes for Henry please -New 6th FebU/D after vet

Hi! My bunny and a previous bunny have both been on 1/4 gabapentin and are doing/did very well on it! I would recommend a pill cutter or ask the vets to do it for you as it’s very crumbly! I just hide it in some fibre plex. Also re hay only, my guys are currently hay only due to gut issues and...
  15. HMacU2

RWAF Owner Conference in Birmingham

Thanks for mentioning this! I’m tempted by the clinical one... quite far from me though
  16. HMacU2

RU suggestions!

Thank you everyone! Acupuncture is something I’d thought about. So far gabapentin has helped in the last 24hrs as she’s managed to clean her bottom! I’m glad to hear others have found acupuncture to be beneficial and certainly something I’ll be looking into :)
  17. HMacU2

RU suggestions!

Hi so I have a 2 year old spayed mini lop who has a curve in her spine. (I’ll attach the X-ray I took) Basically she’s had a flare up this week and is back on meloxicam and today we started a gabapentin trial but I was just wondering any practical things I can do to help. So far I have a low...
  18. HMacU2

Heartbreak U/D 2/12

Sending vibes!
  19. HMacU2

Remembering Roxy

I hope you’ll forgive me for sharing a few more photos ❤️ Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  20. HMacU2

Remembering Roxy

Thank you everyone. I spent today at work and ended up consulting in the room I had him PTS although it was strangely comforting in a way. Now home from being at work since Friday and Harris and Iona have been keeping me company :)
Back